Hot Toys Justice League Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it not possible to simply move the tiara up on the JL version ? Or is it glued in place ?

as I recall, it's not just simply glued in place but there is a plug on the back of the tiara and respective carve out for that plug in the head in the JL version.

well, here is my moded TA head on the body. I think the sculpt kills the JL version

41790091_10212414758072430_2526367482256556032_n.jpg

Looks incredible! How did you attach the hair from the JL version to the TA sculpt?

its definitely a different head sculpt than the jl version

No, they are the same.

At least in terms of lineage. the JL sculpt is off of the same master as the TA head, but I new mold was created off of that original TA sculpt (basically a re-cast), and then repainted with a slightly different scheme.

So they were both born out the same starting point, but the end product for each contains a few run specific idiosyncrasies.

So if 50% of the people say its the same head sculpt, and 50% claim they are different, both parties are right...

Q.E.D.

No, they are the same.

At least in terms of lineage. the JL sculpt is off of the same master as the TA head, but I new mold was created off of that original TA sculpt (basically a re-cast), and then repainted with a slightly different scheme.

So they were both born out the same starting point, but the end product for each contains a few run specific idiosyncrasies.

So if 50% of the people say its the same head sculpt, and 50% claim they are different, both parties are right...

Q.E.D.

I dunno. From the re-casts that I've seen usually they come out a little smaller and softer on details. They usually don't gain larger parts ie. the nose and sharper corners like the jaw.

No, they are the same.

Q.E.D.

I don't think anyone was really disputing that both started out from the same sculpt. The only question is whether they look different now, and there were plenty before who were somehow seeing no difference whatsoever, or suggesting it was all just the fault of the rooted hair.

But I think Ptapang's custom makes clear that there really is something wrong with the JL head itself.

I don't think anyone was really disputing that both started out from the same sculpt. The only question is whether they look different now, and there were plenty before who were somehow seeing no difference whatsoever, or suggesting it was all just the fault of the rooted hair.

But I think Ptapang's custom makes clear that there really is something wrong with the JL head itself.

Just for the record, I'm still one of those seeing no real difference.....still looks pretty much the same to me.

Sure looks as if something went wrong with the head in the production process. I wonder if there is a chance it will be fixed to look more like the original training sculpt for the later batches that SS and other retailers get.

I agree, great pictures Ptapang. But probably take pics also, backing off a little with Photoshop.
I think a lot of people would like your modded TA, just like Jingobells.

As much as I love the pic you posted, I do agree its hard to discern the difference between that and the stock JL sculpt, with the heavy photoshopped image.

Does it really? How exactly?

Surely we would need to see the JL headsculpt in a similarly framed, styled and enhanced shot? I'm betting it would look pretty similar.

I agree, great pictures Ptapang. But probably take pics also, backing off a little with Photoshop.

As much as I love the pic you posted, I do agree its hard to discern the difference between that and the stock JL sculpt, with the heavy photoshopped image.

Agreed. For comparison purposes, photos shouldn’t be altered at all.

Plus one to be fair to the thread. Still, that is one stunning photo.

This is my first attempt wip to put the tiara on the TA hs. In this picture the tiara still has the excess material that goes into the slot in the BvS head and it’s posed with some blu tac , but I was trying to get the feeling of it...
61547d771ed9ea45986331156404067e.jpg

abe2d56ad177bc9bc21d7a3e59383353.jpg

Now I’ll try to remove some material from behind to let the tiara sit better on the forehead.

right on, the only thing i did in post was the background and the direction the eyes are looking. The rest is lighting, shutter speed, aperture... just regular photography stuff.

Back