Hot Toys Justice League Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What does it confirm? All it confirms is that ONE more person has that view, namely the reviewer.

As conclusive proof goes....well....it's not is it? We had a review earlier that said they were the same. It showed morphing images! Is that proof? Moreso i would say BUT It's all entirely subjective isn't it?

What do I see? It's a repurposed TA headsculpt with a very minor mould tolerance difference on the nose.....as we've discussed at length. Less dark paint around the eyes. The jaw looks the same.

We see what we want to see I guess. I think the real issue here is that if you take rooted hair and a tiara and stick them on a TA headsculpt, it looks less like the actress for some reason. Oh well, so what, figure looks good.

Look at a picture of Gal gadot in the TA gear next to the figure....it doesn't REALLY look like her, it just manages to capture the essence/feeling of it. That's maybe killed a little when the hair and tiara are added. Will be interesting to see when I have it in hand.

actually if you stick the hair and tiara on the TA headsculpt it looks more like the actress than the jl version does

I appreciate that, DA. It’s just that some of these comments are over the top (don’t know why I’m surprised though, we seem to always get here in these debates!). Not referring to any of your comments specially, DA, but some are questioning how the JL sculpt even got released. Really? Even with its issues, I’d say the JL sculpt is as good or better than 80% of the human sculpts that make it to production at Hot Toys. Every once in a while HT releases an undisputed home run, but if you measure everything against Yondu, Tarkin, and Anakin, all you are going to be is disappointed.

I agree with you on hot toys likenesses, a lot are good but hardly the photographic realism of, for example, Hoth Leia. I tend to just like a figure that captures the spirit of the character it represents. It doesn't need to be a photo-perfect reproduction of the actor/actress.

This looks like a really solid Wonder Woman figure. It's incredibly hard to get a feel for a figure though until you actually have it.

I recently got a sideshow Nathan Drake.....anyone who knows 1/6 figure collecting knows the issues that figure has, but damn, I love that figure and have had a lot more fun with it than I have, to date, with TA wonder woman.

actually if you stick the hair and tiara on the TA headsculpt it looks more like the actress than the jl version does

I think your modded figure looks fantastic, genuinely, but for me at least it's not giving off a considerably different look to the actual JL head. As I say though, it's all completely subjective.

It's all meant to be fun isn't it? If we are all enjoying what we spend our hard earned on , that's all that matters.

I appreciate that, DA. It’s just that some of these comments are over the top (don’t know why I’m surprised though, we seem to always get here in these debates!). Not referring to any of your comments specially, DA, but some are questioning how the JL sculpt even got released. Really? Even with its issues, I’d say the JL sculpt is as good or better than 80% of the human sculpts that make it to production at Hot Toys. Every once in a while HT releases an undisputed home run, but if you measure everything against Yondu, Tarkin, and Anakin, all you are going to be is disappointed.

Well why release it with issues? Once it came out wrong they should have fixed the mould and redone it. It's by no means terrible but should have been so much better. As it stands it's a marginal improvement on the BvS version head sculpt wise. Everything else is much improved of course.

When it was literally just the training head with a wig on top it looked that much better.
DGByRM0VoAATXxO.jpg

But "why release it with issues?" Is yet again a subjective comment. A lot of people have looked at it, liked it, bought it. I'm guessing a lot of those people don't see it as having issues. Comes down to personal taste.

My wife looks at TA and BVS wonder woman and thinks that they do not look anything like Gal Gadot, I like TA, others think it's great. She would therefore argue that TA wonder woman was "released with issues!", others wouldn't.

Vote with your wallet!

Of course it's subjective but the general feeling does seem to be it is a regression from the training sculpt. That's frustrating when it was meant to be exactly the same with the rooted hair stuck on the top.

Don't get me wrong I will still enjoy having the figure in my collection.

It's really difficult to say that the general feeling is one of disappointment, as with most things online, it's the voices of dissent that shout the loudest and the longest I guess.

Lots of people here, myself included, have said that they are really pleased with it (as I've said before, I bought it AFTER I had seen the in hand videos, not before). Many here also think it looks almost identical to the training sculpt, with the obvious addition of the hair and tiara. I don't see a regression, just a change in the extras added to the head.

So, not pointing any fingers here, but these threads often go this way on the build up to a figures general release.....negativity and outrage abound! I take it as a given nowadays.

Yeah I am not one of those saying the sculpt sucks, I just found it refreshing that someone who has both in hand acknowledged that the jaw shape was different and even pointed out why it was different to the one on the TA. Whereas the other you tube reviewer just said they were exactly the same and did not explain why he thought that he just said they were exactly the same because he thinks they are.

If people still want to believe it is the same then I am not going trying to convince them otherwise, this video was mainly for people who already believe there is a difference, and has confirmed there is a difference as far I am concerned.

Last edited:
Everyone needs to take a chill pill. To those who have voiced their dislike of the figure and sculpt, it’s ok we get it move on. No one is forcing you to buy it. I personally think that the figure looks phenomenal and looks very much like Gal Gadot(moreso than the TA version in some angles) and I am waiting very patiently for it to ship. I don’t see the point in questioning why Hot Toys would ok the sculpt when its too late to change it.

Hey guys. Did a review on the wonder woman justice league and I have to say is that this is the most disappointing release by hot toys this year. I did a comparison between the justice league version and the training armor so let me know what you guys think of the differences I point out in the video. Thanks guys for any input.

P.S. putting the shield on the harness was a pain in the butt!!

https://youtu.be/_didM8gE4G8

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I’m not a fan of this character but to me this Wonder Woman looks incredible . Definitely the best version to have .

I'm really starting to think it's just me.....people keep posting reviews and pictures telling us how disappointing or bad the figure looks, and all the while I'm thinking "wow, that looks really good". I'm scratching my head with all the negativity.

Must be a "love it or hate it" figure I guess.

Oh, and I'm willing to bet that if I picked up 20 TA figures and compared the sculpts, I could probably find as much miniscule moulding variation between them as is being repetitively rolled out here.

Hey guys. Did a review on the wonder woman justice league and I have to say is that this is the most disappointing release by hot toys this year. I did a comparison between the justice league version and the training armor so let me know what you guys think of the differences I point out in the video. Thanks guys for any input.

P.S. putting the shield on the harness was a pain in the butt!!

https://youtu.be/_didM8gE4G8

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

:lol:rotfl:lol

I'm really starting to think it's just me.....people keep posting reviews and pictures telling us how disappointing or bad the figure looks, and all the while I'm thinking "wow, that looks really good". I'm scratching my head with all the negativity.

Must be a "love it or hate it" figure I guess.

Oh, and I'm willing to bet that if I picked up 20 TA figures and compared the sculpts, I could probably find as much miniscule moulding variation between them as is being repetitively rolled out here.
I agree with you it's a love or hate it figure but I believe that doesn't matter what other people say or review just as long as you are happy. For me I see the subtle differences in the jaw line and the nose and I think those minor changes make the difference in the headsculpt of the figure. There is a picture online which I will try to get of the TA version with the tiara and rooted hair. And to me that is perfect. I'll look for it and post

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Everyone needs to take a chill pill. To those who have voiced their dislike of the figure and sculpt, it’s ok we get it move on. No one is forcing you to buy it. I personally think that the figure looks phenomenal and looks very much like Gal Gadot(moreso than the TA version in some angles) and I am waiting very patiently for it to ship. I don’t see the point in questioning why Hot Toys would ok the sculpt when its too late to change it.

:lecture

Can't wait, and I agree, if you don't like it, fine, make your point, we get ya, but this incessant negative posting is ruining it for those eagerly anticipating the release. BTW, I place most weight to those who have a figure in hand. That's just me. :)

This my favorite video so far...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO7a2QePUo8&t=45s

I dislike the defence of " wait until you see the figure in hand, in hand it looks better ". You looked at x25 zoomed in HD images, comparison images between the actress and this head, the prior version and this head, but you will only truly see the likeness when you have the figure in hand and the face is an inch tall looking at you from 7ft away on a shelf.

I am really annoyed at this. I sold the BVS version in anticipation of this, i now decided im not getting this and as of yesterday re-ordered the BVS one.

How do you not get it?

Do you take “25 zoomed in HD images” of all your figures and then pack them up in boxes and then only enjoy them from the pics you took?

Of course it makes sense to suspend your final judgement on a figure until you have it in hand and displayed on your shelf under display lighting.

I may have just posted “sold” based on images above, but I guarantee you it won’t be until I have the figure until sold becomes FINAL Sold.

The figure in hand is reality. Pictures are two dimensional representations only...

I dislike the defence of " wait until you see the figure in hand, in hand it looks better ". You looked at x25 zoomed in HD images, comparison images between the actress and this head, the prior version and this head, but you will only truly see the likeness when you have the figure in hand and the face is an inch tall looking at you from 7ft away on a shelf.

I am really annoyed at this. I sold the BVS version in anticipation of this, i now decided im not getting this and as of yesterday re-ordered the BVS one.

I don't get that. At the very least it's an small improvement on the BvS version and the accessories are really well done.

Back