Hot Toys Justice League Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not going to mod anything... I think most mods are crap anyway, but I think this came out fine. Sure, could have been better, but I'm sure as hell not paying lots of money to buy a figure I don't like just to make some alterations to it, regardless of how they come out.

I love modding figures.....but only figures that have been done a disservice, such as Indy or Nathan Drake. This one doesn't "need" a mod. The only way it's going to be improved is if a more accurate Gal Gadot sculpt turns up, whether by an independent party or hot toys. To my knowledge, that isn't available yet, so this looks to already be as good as it currently gets.

Regardless of all the negativity in this thread, I still think it came out pretty nice even just in video. I'm sure it will look a ton better in person. Still looking forward to this arriving in UK stores along with Deadpool 2 (which I also missed out on originally). Good times :yess:

Saw this on the bigscreen. If mine looks like this, and I think it will, I'll be a happy camper. :)

Another review, where the sculpt probably looks the best I've seen it so far. At least from some angles.

Last edited:
Another review, where the sculpt probably looks the best I've seen it so far. At least from some angles.

Agreed, this is probably the best I've seen the head sculpt. The natural lighting helps, as does pulling the hair back behind the shoulders. I think that'll be key to the likeness showing through.

I'm still waiting to see it in hand, but I'm less inclined right now to do a head swap with the BvS version.

Looks good there except the hair! Seems more of a mess and hard to contain than even the BvS hair.

Agreed, this is probably the best I've seen the head sculpt. The natural lighting helps, as does pulling the hair back behind the shoulders. I think that'll be key to the likeness showing through.

I'm still waiting to see it in hand, but I'm less inclined right now to do a head swap with the BvS version.

I dunno... That's still one pointy face. I still don't know why they let this pass

So freaking excited to get this. She does look great in that video. Bring it on, Sideshow! My last payment posts October 10. Hoping she gets here before then.

Looks good there except the hair! Seems more of a mess and hard to contain than even the BvS hair.

The hair is actually one of the big plus points to me. I'm not a fan of rooted hair in general, but this looks like one of the definite improvements over the bushy, wire-wool hair of the bvs, i couldn't do much with that. This looks to be less "frizzy".

In that video at least, it looks really good.

Another person who has done a comparison video of both sculpts, has confirmed what many of us have suspected that the jaw shape is squarer on the JL version.

Hopefully this will put the end to debate about why the head sculpts look different.

Last edited:
Another person who has done a comparison video of both sculpts, has confirmed what many of us have suspected that the jaw shape is squarer on the JL version.

Hopefully this will put the end to debate about why the head sculpts look different.

It's totally a terrible likeness. I can't believe they Oked this

Welp, I guess there's no need for me to watch this video because the conclusion it comes to is clear. And since I've already decided I like the JL sculpt a lot, no need to bother with it...

since the TA figure represents a very specific moment in the evolution of WW, I think it should stand alone and to itself for what it is. The real comparison is about which figure do you want to represent WW in overall terms in your collection, and for the moment, that comes down to BVS or JL. I'll take JL in a heartbeat on that compare (at least from what I've seen).

...and I see ptapang is re-stating his choice too, :lol.

Fair enough. Trying to convince someone over a likeness dispute is like trying to argue over the taste of food. pointless :duff

It's clealy meant to be the same sculpt but has come out badly wrong. How on earth did HT okay this? I hope they fixed the issue and later batches do more closely resemeble the training armour sculpt.

Welp, I guess there's no need for me to watch this video because the conclusion it comes to is clear. And since I've already decided I like the JL sculpt a lot, no need to bother with it...

since the TA figure represents a very specific moment in the evolution of WW, I think it should stand alone and to itself for what it is. The real comparison is about which figure do you want to represent WW in overall terms in your collection, and for the moment, that comes down to BVS or JL. I'll take JL in a heartbeat on that compare (at least from what I've seen).

...and I see ptapang is re-stating his choice too, :lol.

Fair enough. Trying to convince someone over a likeness dispute is like trying to argue over the taste of food. pointless :duff

I did not post the video to convince those who like the sculpt to not like it. I only posted the video because it was refreshing to see someone finally confirm that the jaw shape is different for those of us who already suspected this.

I appreciate that, DA. It’s just that some of these comments are over the top (don’t know why I’m surprised though, we seem to always get here in these debates!). Not referring to any of your comments specially, DA, but some are questioning how the JL sculpt even got released. Really? Even with its issues, I’d say the JL sculpt is as good or better than 80% of the human sculpts that make it to production at Hot Toys. Every once in a while HT releases an undisputed home run, but if you measure everything against Yondu, Tarkin, and Anakin, all you are going to be is disappointed.

I did not post the video to convince those who like the sculpt to not like it. I only posted the video because it was refreshing to see someone finally confirm that the jaw shape is different for those of us who already suspected this.

What does it confirm? All it confirms is that ONE more person has that view, namely the reviewer.

As conclusive proof goes....well....it's not is it? We had a review earlier that said they were the same. It showed morphing images! Is that proof? Moreso i would say BUT It's all entirely subjective isn't it?

What do I see? It's a repurposed TA headsculpt with a very minor mould tolerance difference on the nose.....as we've discussed at length. Less dark paint around the eyes. The jaw looks the same.

We see what we want to see I guess. I think the real issue here is that if you take rooted hair and a tiara and stick them on a TA headsculpt, it looks less like the actress for some reason. Oh well, so what, figure looks good.

Look at a picture of Gal gadot in the TA gear next to the figure....it doesn't REALLY look like her, it just manages to capture the essence/feeling of it. That's maybe killed a little when the hair and tiara are added. Will be interesting to see when I have it in hand.

Back