Hot Toys Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm ok with the black suit but I don't prefer it over the traditional blue. I'm not crazy about the color of the cape in the clip where he meets Alfred. Looks like an ugly grey. Hopefully it looks better in other scenes.

Yeah, if the black suit needs a cape at all it should be silver, like the shield. A shimmery silver cape would look much cooler than a grey one.

The black suit looks cool (minus the grey cape) but makes him look even slimmer which isn't a good thing. He was still in shape but lost a lot of weight between BvS and JL.

bf10d96166cfb0a1bcc45675df2579ef.jpg4uC7gUw.jpgCavill-DeletedScene1.jpg20210225_224140.jpg

I would get this ...
HOWEVER -If it's made... Will HT change the head sculpt this time - or recycle for the THIRD time?
Also, yeah Cavil has a little bit of a receding hairline, but for a much as headsculpts are not perfect to begin with, that's the one thing HT did seem to try and emulate on JL/BvS figures and not to anyone's benefit
Even this picture here his hairline is not bad at all, they should work with THIS

Also, I would think it VERY strange HT wouldn't do this - when they turn around and did a "Mysterio Iron Man" which was less than a 1 minute scene in the movie...

A new sculpt with accurate hair would tempt me into buying the black suit. I much prefer Superman with hair parted on his left like in the comics. Always found that slightly irritating about Routh's Superman too.

Those pics of Cavill demonstrate that there really should be a more gradual slope from his neck into his shoulders - there's virtually none on the Hot Toys figures of him. Its wide flat shoulders and a long, straight neck in the middle. Surprised more people don't criticize this, especially considering the general interest in getting Batman and Captain America's bodies right.

Holding off on Superman for now. There's some more Marvels I want to get anyway.

:lol :lol :lol

I was just taking the liberty of Hot Toysifying those Cavill pics when you edited that post

Cavill-DeletedScene1.jpg
4uC7gUw.jpg
bf10d96166cfb0a1bcc45675df2579ef.jpg

None of these actually look as bad as I was expecting them to but hopefully you get the point what I'm talking about if you compare them to the original pics.

I totally get where you are coming from it bugs me as well but at the end of the day I hate the fact that I don’t own the BvS (SS version) Batman and JL Superman

The only way I will ever add a WW (or BW white costume) into my collection would be if they have sculpted hair.

I know that the DCEU is dead but I want those 3 to represent the DC trinity in my collection

https://comicbook.com/movies/news/superman-movie-reboot-coming-from-ta-nehisi-coates-and-jj-abrams/

Hopefully Cavill stays on board. He's owed a movie with better people behind the cameras.

There is no way in hell Abrams will keep Cavill on. He always wants to start anything he does with a new slate.

I can see it now. He'll do another origin story and play it very safe, then he will walk away and leave it to someone else like Lost, Star Wars and all the others.

Abrams isn't directing or writing, just producing.

But yes, I'm guessing this means Cavill is not starring, which should have been obvious for a while. Man of Steel 2 was a pipe dream.

Abrams isn't directing or writing, just producing.

But yes, I'm guessing this means Cavill is not starring, which should have been obvious for a while. Man of Steel 2 was a pipe dream.

Maybe I'm deeper into the information for the Snyder universe, but it's pretty widely known that Snyders original story arc was 5 films, essentially covering Superman's full arc.

Man of Steel
BvS
Justice League (which we now get as ZSJL)
JL 2
JL 3

JL3 from what I have heard should bring Superman back to the typical "Boyscout version" in the bright blue and red, but he has to go through hardships with Darkseid etc to "get there". That's the story.

To me that sounds very compelling and interesting, especially if it is with Cavil and the rest of the currently established team.

But many seemed to want a modern day Reeves version served straight up on a plate. To me that seems pretty damn boring.

Hence I support the Snyder Cut, subscribe to HBO Max etc etc. If successful, then hopefully HBO Max can continue with JL 2 & 3 on HBO Max in series form and close out the full story for Superman.

Maybe I'm deeper into the information for the Snyder universe, but it's pretty widely known that Snyders original story arc was 5 films, essentially covering Superman's full arc.

Man of Steel
BvS
Justice League (which we now get as ZSJL)
JL 2
JL 3

JL3 from what I have heard should bring Superman back to the typical "Boyscout version" in the bright blue and red, but he has to go through hardships with Darkseid etc to "get there". That's the story.

To me that sounds very compelling and interesting, especially if it is with Cavil and the rest of the currently established team.

But many seemed to want a modern day Reeves version served straight up on a plate. To me that seems pretty damn boring.

Hence I support the Snyder Cut, subscribe to HBO Max etc etc. If successful, then hopefully HBO Max can continue with JL 2 & 3 on HBO Max in series form and close out the full story for Superman.

I get what your saying the same old thing would have been boring. But Snyder shot himself in the foot when man of steel was meh and BvS dawn of crap. He wouldn't compromise on his vision even though it wasn't connecting. Creative differences on a 4 hr cut of JL was the third strike for WB. He shouldn't have expected WB to invest hundreds of millions in several more movies to close the story after his ship was already sinking. Of course they would take it from him. The less said about Josstice League the better but he acts like his crap doesn't stink when it was stinking from the start.
I'm confident his cut will be better but ultimately these characters would have been better off in someone else's hands who knows how to tell a cohesive story with snyder staying on as a cinematographer to make everything look "pretty" lol

I get what your saying the same old thing would have been boring. But Snyder shot himself in the foot when man of steel was meh and BvS dawn of crap. He wouldn't compromise on his vision even though it wasn't connecting. Creative differences on a 4 hr cut of JL was the third strike for WB. He shouldn't have expected WB to invest hundreds of millions in several more movies to close the story after his ship was already sinking. Of course they would take it from him. The less said about Josstice League the better but he acts like his crap doesn't stink when it was stinking from the start.
I'm confident his cut will be better but ultimately these characters would have been better off in someone else's hands who knows how to tell a cohesive story with snyder staying on as a cinematographer to make everything look "pretty" lol

Each to their own, but I thought MoS and BvS (ultimate version, not the theatrical) were both excellent.

Each to their own, but I thought MoS and BvS (ultimate version, not the theatrical) were both excellent.

100% agree with you. With that said, juts going by the first episode, I think Tyler Hoechlin did a great job as Superman and Clark so if they choose someone else for the movies, I hope the show does well enough so I'll at least have that.

I'm sure he had that plan. I said "pipe dream" because that plan died the moment BVS underperformed.

Back