Hot Toys Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks blinguskhan. I dipped out of HT collecting for a good few years and I'm now dipping back in and that's why you've suddenly seen more posts from me in the Marvel and DC sections. During those down years I collected only NECA and most of my HT posts were complaining about the domination of Superheroes in their output at the seeming expense of classic licenses. Well, can't beat 'em, join 'em I guess :)

Anyway about this figure, it's just the neck I don't like, everything else is good, so I'm encouraged by other people's positivity about it. It might just push me over into placing the order.

Well that's what I'm thinking of doing if I buy this figure. If that area can be bulked up even just a little bit it could help with the neck situation - not entirely, because I think the neck is unfortunately just sculpted into an excessively vertical position with the head awkwardly plopped on top and the padding won't change that - but it would help with how long the neck looks if the cape comes up higher around the back.

I would becareful of padding any stretch material found on Superman and Spiderman

But yeah if you bought a Batman from this universe then Superman AND WW are a must but only sculpted hair WW no dollies please not if you are still dating lol

I would becareful of padding any stretch material found on Superman and Spiderman

Well it wouldn't be a huge amount of padding. My only worry is that it wouldn't have the desired effect of making him look like he has more pronounced traps and instead it would just make the costume bulky in that area.

But yeah if you bought a Batman from this universe then Superman AND WW are a must but only sculpted hair WW no dollies please not if you are still dating lol

Not necessarily, I could just have a Batman down through the years display - but the temptation for Supes and WW is strong. In fact I just wrote a list of all my current temptations and it's already pretty big. Just goes to show that I cannot touch Star Wars, not even one.

Well it wouldn't be a huge amount of padding. My only worry is that it wouldn't have the desired effect of making him look like he has more pronounced traps and instead it would just make the costume bulky in that area.

Not necessarily, I could just have a Batman down through the years display - but the temptation for Supes and WW is strong. In fact I just wrote a list of all my current temptations and it's already pretty big. Just goes to show that I cannot touch Star Wars, not even one.

Haha! I had to get OG Mandalorian for Christmas and then I loved it so much when it arrived I had to get Beskar Mando as well. Wife is like... you only have so much space for display, though, right? Which is true. And I already swap multiple Batman figures out from time to time. But I had to get Mando, lol. Fortunately I’m mainly a big fan of that show in particular and don’t care that much for all the films. (Sacrilege, I know. I loved ANH when it released but started having issues with the movies even as early as ESB believe it or not. But I totally respect why people love the SW universe and its characters.)

Haha! I had to get OG Mandalorian for Christmas and then I loved it so much when it arrived I had to get Beskar Mando as well. Wife is like... you only have so much space for display, though, right? Which is true. And I already swap multiple Batman figures out from time to time. But I had to get Mando, lol. Fortunately I’m mainly a big fan of that show in particular and don’t care that much for all the films.

The damn Hot Toys effect. There's still something special about opening one of their figures. I thought I had outgrown it but apparently not.

I loved ANH when it released but started having issues with the movies even as early as ESB believe it or not. But I totally respect why people love the SW universe and its characters.

Unusual to have started being turned off from SW with ESB alright, but I'm sure you still recognize the iconography of it all. Even the prequels have it. HT has been doing an awesome job on the PT and a good enough job on at least the helmeted OT characters, by most people's reckoning. I love the 'swishing' lightsaber effect they have as standard with the jedi characters.

But I just can't go there. Far too many would become 'must-buys'.

Last edited:
I’m slowly getting back in again after having sold off approximately $11,000 worth of them including TWO batmobiles and if i’m being honest most of those I sold would not hold up to todays standards

That new Holland head is insane even better than EG Evans which already is insane!

Slowly is the key word here HT is worse than heroin lol

Last edited:
Collecting these in general - **** ...
I never thought I would spend as much as I have

I'm there with you brother lol

nothing-stops-this-train.gif

I’m slowly getting back in again after having sold off approximately $11,000 worth of them including TWO batmobiles and if i’m being honest most of those I sold would not hold up to todays standards

That new Holland head is insane even better than EG Evans which already is insane!

Slowly is the key word here HT is worse than heroin lol

I know the feeling. I did the same back in 2019 and now have gotten back in slowly but surely. It's easily a slippery slope of course. I want EG Cap, but then I'll want more and more Marvel characters so I'm trying to resist.

I wanted EG Cap until Jye posted a pic of him next to Concept Cap which made him look ridiculous. My wait for a Cap figure in my collection goes on. It's incredibly frustrating that the only decent one to date wasn't in any of the movies.

I think EG Cap looks pretty good, but I keep seeing people picking apart everything about it. I have CW Cap but the new one looks much better to me, I like the scales and the helmeted sculpt doesn't have the long face syndrome.

I agree concept cap looks better. I'm not a huge fan of variant figures but I picked him up because I like the look. HS and proportion wise I think EG Cap is probably the best looking "fully suited" Cap to date.

I do want EG Cap as well, but I’m going to be strong and try to be content with IW Cap (movie promo). He’s my only Cap figure. But I’ve got to draw the line somewhere. Plus when ZSJL figures come out my wallet is so screwed.

I'm not sure how many ZSJL figures I'd get. Martian Manhunter for sure, and maybe Darkseid. Generally I don't like alternate costumes, never cared for Superman's black suit much.

I'm ok with the black suit but I don't prefer it over the traditional blue. I'm not crazy about the color of the cape in the clip where he meets Alfred. Looks like an ugly grey. Hopefully it looks better in other scenes.
20210225_211423.jpg

Back