Hot Toys Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since Jim Lee announced it at DC Fandome last summer, DC Films is using the multiverse design now. Parallel universes. The new Superman does not "replace" henry Cavill's Superman. It is an additional Superman in a separate universe. I'm actually very curious to see a Val Zod story, actually.

If ZSJL is a major success there will obviously be interest on HBO's part in completing the five film saga, i.e., JL 2 and 3. If so I think it could well be as a mini-series exclusive to HBO Max. Zack Snyder pitched that to HBO Max for ZSJL and the reason they didn't do it is it was legally too messy and expensive for a film that the actors had already been paid for with Josstice League. But Zack Snyder I'm sure would love to have them released as feature films as well, so I'm not sure how they would manage that.

I think ZSJL is going to be huge, and that because of that the demand will clearly be there for completion of the saga. HBO Max will want that. WB Pictures doesn't, though, and how that will politically play out in the board room I have no idea.

100% agree with Alatar here Cavill still has the HBO Max option. That's all I want is for that arc to be finished.

This "replacement news" stinks of WB again trying to sabotage the Snyder Cut release. Just the timing of it. With a bit of luck it'll create more interest in people wanting to watch ZSJL.

The use of the term “reboot” is clickbait. Jim Lee explained the multiverse design at DC Fandome. There’s really no such thing as a “reboot” within this model of separate parallel universes that we have now for DC.

For one thing Val Zod is not Kal El. They’re different characters. So there’s that element to all this. But beyond that, unless there’s a speedforce portal opened between the two universes at some stage, they’re simply going to exist in different universes.

In any case, I definitely believe release of this news two weeks from the release of ZSJL is ultimately from WB Pictures, i.e., Toby Emmerich and Walter Hamada, in an effort to undermine and deflate enthusiasm for ZSJL and to try to derail continuation of the Snyderverse five film saga. For. Sure.

But they won’t win this battle. ZSJL is going to be huge.

And I will add that provided that ZSJL is a huge success, and then that ZSJL 2 and 3 get green-lit for HBO Max, I actually won’t mind seeing MBJ as Val Zod. In the same sense that as long as I get to see completion of the five film saga by Zack, I’m actually fine with seeing Reeves’ Batman movie. That’s the whole idea behind the multiverse model. Have our cake, eat it too, etc.

The only way I will ever add a WW (or BW white costume) into my collection would be if they have sculpted hair.

Luckily the WW84 figure has sculpted hair. Will probably be the first WW figure that I pick up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The use of the term “reboot” is clickbait. Jim Lee explained the multiverse design at DC Fandome. There’s really no such thing as a “reboot” within this model of separate parallel universes that we have now for DC.

For one thing Val Zod is not Kal El. They’re different characters. So there’s that element to all this. But beyond that, unless there’s a speedforce portal opened between the two universes at some stage, they’re simply going to exist in different universes.

In any case, I definitely believe release of this news two weeks from the release of ZSJL is ultimately from WB Pictures, i.e., Toby Emmerich and Walter Hamada, in an effort to undermine and deflate enthusiasm for ZSJL and to try to derail continuation of the Snyderverse five film saga. For. Sure.

But they won’t win this battle. ZSJL is going to be huge.

And I will add that provided that ZSJL is a huge success, and then that ZSJL 2 and 3 get green-lit for HBO Max, I actually won’t mind seeing MBJ as Val Zod. In the same sense that as long as I get to see completion of the five film saga by Zack, I’m actually fine with seeing Reeves’ Batman movie. That’s the whole idea behind the multiverse model. Have our cake, eat it too, etc.

I'm up for it all as well. If only WB were.......

Emmerich + Hamada willing to torpedo Justice League with all their top tier characters, just because they could be proven wrong. Wow ! That's some ginormous ego's right there.

I hear that Toby Emmerich and Walter Hamada announced this as a ploy to cover up their part in the JFK assassination.

Yeah, that's gonna be the first and definitive WW figure for my collection.

Like I totally get that sentiment but the ?Golden Armor? figure will just stand out so much more (at least in my collection). Maybe I?ll put together another Besta cube with her, the IM3 Mk. XXI Midas Diecast, the Midas Gold Chrome & the MMS 364 Gold Chrome Stormtrooper! Yeah 4 per Besta is pretty sparse for my usually crammed figures and even though the wingspan will easily span the entire width of a Besta, I?ll undoubtedly have a flight pole screwed to the top of the cube to achieve the highest flight pose. That means that only 3 ?gold? figures would be on the floor of the Besta. Perhaps I should plan to add a couple more like solo film Aquaman, Erik Killmonger, T?Chaka, Odin, PS4/5 Iron Spider, TA WW, AK Batman: Prestige, AK Batgirl, Armored Thanos, TDW Thor, TDW Loki, BoP Harley (gold overalls), SS Dancer Dress Harley, LotR Elrond, Elven Archer, Elven Warrior, Mondo Kratos, & TE ?Heimdall?. Well the list of 1/6 figures based on characters with gold as one of their ?primary? colors is really too long to keep going as those were from looking around and off the top of my head.

Obviously, had I included Iron Man armors that are painted with more gold than say the Mk. L (50) then the list would immediately get even more out of control. And I?m not just talking size of the ?gold list?, I?m referring to the gold used. As I started what was basically just a goof and fun exercise, I intentionally left out the Mk. XXI Midas OG (MMS 208) not because it?s a bad paint scheme, it would just contrast not only with the other 2 Mk. XXI?s but also with the GA WW & Gold Stormtrooper. And lastly, if I had even thought to consider some of the Iron Man armors that had a higher ratio of gold painted parts than Mk. L or Mk. XLVI/XLVII (CA 46 would have enough gold) then there would be even more considerations. Like Bones and Sneaky retro versions would fit in but they aren?t accurate like the 46 CA. Mk. XLII has tons of gold but the 1/6 figure?s gold is dull but the ?reversed? Mk. XLIII 1/6 figure?s gold is much closer to the ?correct shade? and while I have always maintained that the 1/6 Mk. XLV is one of my favorite designs, has a great shade of gold; I would have loved gold forearms & thighs.

Well that was super OT which no one will read. Anyways, 3 pictures of the 3 Midas? Armors showing how dissimilar the original (screen accurate for 1.87 seconds) is to the Gold Chrome and newest diecast:
6DD979DE-33A3-4AC0-B655-EAB2F2BA3271.jpeg
ECDE7531-014C-4AC6-ADE2-2B156471F72E.jpeg3B0FDC87-BBBD-4D1D-8137-A246F263DAF2.jpeg

And lastly how wonderfully the GA WW & Gold Stormtrooper would match the 2 newer Mk. XXI?s:
AAEBCBBF-5FDB-4CCD-9091-E07CE2565761.jpeg18808BE0-DEE1-4012-B779-5A07DF579E16.jpeg

Wow, I just realized this is the JL Supes thread! Although if we are being honest, has been burning pretty outrageously since the figure sold out and then after seeing the ZSJL recovery suit Supes. I still feel kinda bad for adding more fuel to this fire but at least it wasn?t poison oak, just some wet kindling that didn?t burn hotter. :wink1:

It might not matter what WB thinks or wants to mess up anymore. There’s been lots of sources close to AT&T executives off the record making notes that they have moved from pissed to withholding money to actively moving people and projects around.

Can you explain a bit more ??

The AT&T social media accounts sure seem to be pro-Snyder. A huge difference from the way WB tried to sweep him under the rug.

I'm not sure how parent company politics work, but seems to me if they want the company they own to do something, they can make it happen.

The AT&T social media accounts sure seem to be pro-Snyder. A huge difference from the way WB tried to sweep him under the rug.

I'm not sure how parent company politics work, but seems to me if they want the company they own to do something, they can make it happen.

Yep the positive AT&T people are the last hope. It's WB who is against ZSJL (as if it's successful they will look like the incompetent fools they are). However they do not control HBO Max per se. Walter Hamada is responsible for green lighting movies on HBO Max, however not TV series or mini series.

Therefore the only chance for JL2 & 3 would be to be as a series on HBO Max. This will be only possible if HBO Max see's good new subscription rates are due to ZSJL.

I have a feeling one of the reasons the Joker was added was to be able to take the story further, should Batfleck not want to.
As far as Cavill he will be in The Flash movie (but I'm sure they'll really try to piss him off as that is a WB production). But there is always the Black Adam movies coming along which The Rock definitely wants him in. They share the same reps after all. Hopefully he would be up for participating in a JL2 away from WB on HBO Max.

Maybe I'm deeper into the information for the Snyder universe, but it's pretty widely known that Snyders original story arc was 5 films, essentially covering Superman's full arc.

Man of Steel
BvS
Justice League (which we now get as ZSJL)
JL 2
JL 3

JL3 from what I have heard should bring Superman back to the typical "Boyscout version" in the bright blue and red, but he has to go through hardships with Darkseid etc to "get there". That's the story.

To me that sounds very compelling and interesting, especially if it is with Cavil and the rest of the currently established team.

But many seemed to want a modern day Reeves version served straight up on a plate. To me that seems pretty damn boring.

Hence I support the Snyder Cut, subscribe to HBO Max etc etc. If successful, then hopefully HBO Max can continue with JL 2 & 3 on HBO Max in series form and close out the full story for Superman.

Perfectly said, Hoody!

Each to their own, but I thought MoS and BvS (ultimate version, not the theatrical) were both excellent.

Yeah, I’ll second that. MoS and BvS are my two favorite superhero movies. And I’m a solid MCU and X-verse fan as well (both OG and reboot). It seems that with Snyder you can either psychologically accept what he’s doing and can go along for the ride, in which case chances are you’ll love it, or it just rubs you the wrong way.

His films are The Dress of cinema, lol.

A78C10DC-B0DC-47DD-B270-9CBA66A6436D.jpg

(I’m team gold and white btw.)

But anyway, at least we’re heatedly debating and discussing his films. I enjoyed pretty much all of the MCU films—even the ones that many MCU fans disparage, e.g., Thor: Dark World. But there’s not a lot for me to mine out of them in terms of what they mean to me personally. Whereas Snyder’s films open up a lot more for me to connect with. It’s actually a dream come true for me because I love Jungian psychology and the study of myth a la Joseph Campbell, etc. But as Hoody says, to each their own.

Since Jim Lee announced it at DC Fandome last summer, DC Films is using the multiverse design now. Parallel universes. The new Superman does not "replace" henry Cavill's Superman. It is an additional Superman in a separate universe. I'm actually very curious to see a Val Zod story, actually.

If ZSJL is a major success there will obviously be interest on HBO's part in completing the five film saga, i.e., JL 2 and 3. If so I think it could well be as a mini-series exclusive to HBO Max. Zack Snyder pitched that to HBO Max for ZSJL and the reason they didn't do it is it was legally too messy and expensive for a film that the actors had already been paid for with Josstice League. But Zack Snyder I'm sure would love to have them released as feature films as well, so I'm not sure how they would manage that.

I think ZSJL is going to be huge, and that because of that the demand will clearly be there for completion of the saga. HBO Max will want that. WB Pictures doesn't, though, and how that will politically play out in the board room I have no idea.

I wish that were true, but even if this isn't intended to be the new Kal-El Superman, it's still going to be the studio's main Superman going forward, and the one they're putting all their attention and money towards. And it certainly cuts off any hope of getting a MOS2.

And with the Flash movie about to reset everything (likely with a new Batman and Superman), I really don't see another JL movie happening. No matter how well the Snydercut does. Something like that would have to be planned out years in advance to work with all the other DC films in development, and not just come out of some last minute director's cut put together to help out their new HBO channel.

Yep the positive AT&T people are the last hope. It's WB who is against ZSJL (as if it's successful they will look like the incompetent fools they are). However they do not control HBO Max per se. Walter Hamada is responsible for green lighting movies on HBO Max, however not TV series or mini series.

Therefore the only chance for JL2 & 3 would be to be as a series on HBO Max. This will be only possible if HBO Max see's good new subscription rates are due to ZSJL.

I have a feeling one of the reasons the Joker was added was to be able to take the story further, should Batfleck not want to.
As far as Cavill he will be in The Flash movie (but I'm sure they'll really try to piss him off as that is a WB production). But there is always the Black Adam movies coming along which The Rock definitely wants him in. They share the same reps after all. Hopefully he would be up for participating in a JL2 away from WB on HBO Max.

It's infuriating how the "king daddy" of all superheroes, as Snyder put it, is continually ignored by WB, yet absurd spinoff series and movies keep getting greenlit. Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman should all be at the forefront of DC. They have a dedicated actor that has said he wants to keep playing the character for years to come, but they shun him continuously. As much as I want to see Cavill as Superman again, I don't blame him for seemingly moving on and taking on other projects. At least he has Geralt and possibly Commander Shepard for Mass Effect.

It's infuriating how the "king daddy" of all superheroes, as Snyder put it, is continually ignored by WB, yet absurd spinoff series and movies keep getting greenlit. Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman should all be at the forefront of DC. They have a dedicated actor that has said he wants to keep playing the character for years to come, but they shun him continuously. As much as I want to see Cavill as Superman again, I don't blame him for seemingly moving on and taking on other projects. At least he has Geralt and possibly Commander Shepard for Mass Effect.

20210228_161220.jpg

Back