Hot Toys Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I have to pay $300 for a new headsculpt I think I’ll just pick a different figure.

Well, in a case like this you have a basically perfect Superman body. Maybe it‘s worth the cost of a new figure to pair it with the perfect head sculpt. Myself I don’t mind the Hot Toys stock version for JL Superman, I’m content with it. But the paint job on the OSK sculpt does look topflight (and for that amount it had better be.) At the end of the day to have the ideal figure it’s not a horrendously high cost or anything.

Yeah, Im pretty sure eventually, I'll use 357 for some custom work. I'm more of quality over quantity on my figures, and I wont mind paying extra sometime for me to get my ideal figure. I was gonna use their service to paint my custom Cavill head from Jaxon, but I ended up painting it myself. I ended up being happy with the results, but I was already thinking at the time, that if I wasnt happy with my paintwork, I was gonna send it to 357.

Last edited:
Very awesome repaint. Depending on the cost, I plan on buying the painting course that 357partment is planning on making so I can just learn to paint like them. This way, I don’t have to rely on sending a sculpt overseas and wait months on end to receive it

Very awesome repaint. Depending on the cost, I plan on buying the painting course that 357partment is planning on making so I can just learn to paint like them. This way, I don’t have to rely on sending a sculpt overseas and wait months on end to receive it
Thanks for the heads up. I saw they were thinking about Youtube. Or have you heard otherwise ?

Thanks for the heads up. I saw they were thinking about Youtube. Or have you heard otherwise ?
I haven’t seen anything about YouTube, just that commenters on the post have requested YouTube. However, since they mentioned it being an online class, I would think Patreon or some other platform that requires some payment in order to take the class. I know YouTube has some special service on a channel by channel basis (like Justin’s collection where he releases videos there first for paying customers) but I’m not exactly familiar with how that works.

Last edited:
Well, in a case like this you have a basically perfect Superman body.
Ohh, I don't agree with that at all. Thighs look weird and he has no traps making the neck look giraffe-like. The only thing I really really like about this figure is how good the outfit looks.

Last edited:
Ohh, I don't agree with that at all. Thighs look weird and he has no traps making the neck look giraffe-like. The only thing I really really like about this figure is good the outfit looks.

Yeah the neck is a bit long. Never noticed the thighs, but they look fine to me. It’s the suit that looks stunning is a better way to say it.

Ohh, I don't agree with that at all. Thighs look weird and he has no traps making the neck look giraffe-like. The only thing I really really like about this figure is how good the outfit looks.
Yup. Since ppl complained that the MoS body was too tall, HT shortened the body a bit (I think the internal post that connects the chest and abs) as well as shortened ankle sockets; therefore, the proportions are now off from the original MoS body. Arms look longer, and the figure looks stumpy with the large thighs and shorter ankles. At least that's how it was for the BvS Superman. I never owned the JL version. Modern-Life/ Toria C made some custom arms that helped the upper proportions, but they cost $250 chrome painted not including shipping. They look really great, but I just didn't feel like it was worth it.

Last edited:
Body tone down repaint + Jaxon wire cape

NITA4093.JPEG

Left (original) / Right (repainted)​

VRVV9485.JPEG

17ceda2f65f4259.jpeg

17ceda37aaf4259.jpeg

VTRQ6294.JPEG

SVFL4696.JPEG

Thanks for watching :D

U really should, I imagined it would be a bit of a nightmare but it’s one of the easiest mods you can do for such an upgrade of the figure
OK cool. Once I had all my Justice League set up I sort of thought a wired cape Superman might look out of place. So decided to delay installing it.

I do love my BvS Batman cape down below.

Which install tutorial would you recommend ?

IMG_3009.JPG
IMG_3012.JPG

I purchased a custom wired cape for Superman from Unreal Customs a couple years ago. But once I finally got the figure in hand, I preferred the more saturated red color and smooth texture of the stock cape. The Unreal cape has a more textured pattern and is a duller red. I’ve just never felt like installing it. I’ll post some pics of it later today.

Anyway I’ve been considering ordering Jaxon’s wired cape for JL Supes. So I’d appreciate seeing some good quality pics of it installed.

Back