Hot Toys Justice League Cyborg

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just because HT won’t give up DC doesn’t mean we can’t wish they would. Plus it could be they are tied to a contract and even if they wanted to (doubt they would though) breaking the contract would cost them. But it would be win win otherwise. The license could go to someone more willing to have a go and it would free up (lol) HT to get their Disney product out.
I dont think it will make a difference. The DC license seem to be open for everyone who wants it 😂 if only the same was true about star wars

Just got this email this evening. Hoping that it does mean that the figure arrives at Sideshow’s warehouse by Feb/Mar versus being pushed back even farther.

904CBBDF-D3BF-4BCB-8DA9-ABD128887C52.jpeg

DC will most likely reboot the franchise before Hot Toys releases Cyborg.

You know there’s something really weird about that THR article. I think it’s just Gunn releasing a trial balloon.

If you stop and think about it, when you think of the loss on investment for the four films already in the can… Plus a Henry Cavill solo Superman film that would be a kind of cultural event… the notion that they would do a total reboot has got to be bull crap.

Reportedly the Flash tested extremely well with test audiences. The buzz is that Ezra Miller delivers an amazing performance (irrespective of his real life issues). That’s the next film to release. So if it’s hugely popular… and let’s say the others in the pipe also do well… then they’re just going to scrap the whole thing. And if they release MoS 2 that would somehow not be a cultural event which is an automatic ticket buy? No. It doesn’t add up.

What’s weird about the THR article is that it mentions that DeLuca and Abdy wanted to work from Snyder’s foundation (even if Snyder himself doesn’t return), and evidently they were working strategically in that direction, but now Gunn wants to scrap what an exec higher in the food chain wants to do? Plus there’s no cashing in on potential success of the four movies already awaiting release and the potential of a MoS 2?

Again, it almost has to be a trial balloon. I don’t see a total reboot happening.

Last edited:
The other interesting thing that’s come out now is that the execs (not Gunn) wanted Patty Jenkins to rewrite her treatment for WW3 and she refused and walked off the project. So technically there is still a film there with Gadot and it hasn’t been canceled yet.

That’s now I think three projects that Jenkins has walked away from.

The other interesting thing that’s come out now is that the execs (not Gunn) wanted Patty Jenkins to rewrite her treatment for WW3 and she refused and walked off the project. So technically there is still a film there with Gadot and it hasn’t been canceled yet.

That’s now I think three projects that Jenkins has walked away from.
Eh good riddance. Multiple sources already say she’s difficult to work with and doesn’t take well to criticism (constructive or otherwise). And to my knowledge she’s never really credited Zack Snyder for all the work he actually put into the first WW given that it was a lot of his suggestions that made the movie do great but instead took all the credit herself. We wouldn’t have had the fight with Ares if it was up to her. Then you get WW84 that she had almost nearly total creative control over and turned out to be an awful and pretty boring movie.

As much as I love most of the Snyderverse cast, I’m sorted ready to move on. Sometimes you have to take the limping thing you love our back and just put it out of its misery. They’ve already said the most recent screenings of both Flash and Aquaman have had the Cavill and Affleck cameos (respectively) removed.

Eh good riddance. Multiple sources already say she’s difficult to work with and doesn’t take well to criticism (constructive or otherwise). And to my knowledge she’s never really credited Zack Snyder for all the work he actually put into the first WW given that it was a lot of his suggestions that made the movie do great but instead took all the credit herself. We wouldn’t have had the fight with Ares if it was up to her. Then you get WW84 that she had almost nearly total creative control over and turned out to be an awful and pretty boring movie.

As much as I love most of the Snyderverse cast, I’m sorted ready to move on. Sometimes you have to take the limping thing you love our back and just put it out of its misery. They’ve already said the most recent screenings of both Flash and Aquaman have had the Cavill and Affleck cameos (respectively) removed.
With regards to WW84 yes awful and she probably needed to move on. But having an all male creative team sounds equally awful.

The most worrying rumour is cancelling MoS 2. So they got Cavill back on a new contract, forcing him to quit his role in The Witcher, for that one minute Black Adam cameo?

I have zero faith in WB. It's rarely been any different since they fired Donner from Superman 2 and Burton after Batman Returns. Take out Nolan's trilogy and it's been 40+ years of mismanagement.

With regards to WW84 yes awful and she probably needed to move on. But having an all male creative team sounds equally awful.
Maybe but if you’re also difficult to work with and think you’re always right (I.e don’t take criticism well) then it doesn’t matter what gender your team is. The problem is probably you(meaning Jenkins). I currently work with nothing but woman in my office in what is typically a male dominated field and have no issue being the only male on the team. If you know how to work and talk with ppl, it can be just fine.
The most worrying rumour is cancelling MoS 2. So they got Cavill back on a new contract, forcing him to quit his role in The Witcher, for that one minute Black Adam cameo?

I have zero faith in WB. It's rarely been any different since they fired Donner from Superman 2 and Burton after Batman Returns. Take out Nolan's trilogy and it's been 40+ years of mismanagement.
Cavill never got a new contract for a whole new set of movies. He literally just got paid for the cameos he did, nothing more. All the stuff about him actually getting a contract was internet rumors that sounded true b/c of the hype around it. It’s all been a campaign for him to stay as Superman. He chose to quit Witcher b/c of the potential of being Superman again plus he was frustrated with the writers/creatives on Witcher for not respecting the source material. But him making that video saying he’s back as well as Gal’s recent post is just them trying to get fans behind them to hopefully convince the studio to keep them on. Nothing more. Gal made her recent post b/c she knew Patty Jenkins was turning in the script for WW3 and wanted to get some hype and chatter behind her.

Last edited:
Honestly at this point....as much as it hurts losing Henry as Superman, I wouldn't be mad at a hard reset/reboot. The whole universe is a mess now, everything that comes out will get criticized by certain fans, the fanbase is split...They probably will just end it after Aquaman 2 and start fresh.

Honestly at this point....as much as it hurts losing Henry as Superman, I wouldn't be mad at a hard reset/reboot. The whole universe is a mess now, everything that comes out will get criticized by certain fans, the fanbase is split...They probably will just end it after Aquaman 2 and start fresh.
Yup! I feel the same.

And Mamoa doesn’t care b/c he’s still getting work either way plus he gets to play his favorite comicbook character if he is actually going to play Lobo in the new DCU. Would be interesting if they did Lobo vs Superman sort of like the recent reboot of the DC animated universe with the Superman Man of Tomorrow animated movie. I mean the ultimate villain was a weird version of Parasite but Lobo was the initial antagonist.

Maybe but if you’re also difficult to work with and think you’re always right (I.e don’t take criticism well) then it doesn’t matter what gender your team is. The problem is probably you(meaning Jenkins). I currently work with nothing but woman in my office in what is typically a male dominated field and have no issue being the only male on the team. If you know how to work and talk with ppl, it can be just fine.
Agree with all that. But most of the DC work when made by men have depicted the female characters as one dimensional or naval gazing or just nonexistent. The only successful ones I would say are Catwoman in BR, the first WW, maybe Catwoman in The Batman. Harley I would barely give a pass, Robie is great but still hasn’t the film she deserves.

Agree with all that. But most of the DC work when made by men have depicted the female characters as one dimensional or navel gazing or just nonexistent. The only successful ones I would say are Catwoman in BR, the first WW, maybe Catwoman in The Batman. Harley I would barely give a pass, Robie is great but still hasn’t the film she deserves.
That’s fair and I agree with you for the most part about women DC characters, just not with WW84. Patty Jenkins had the final say in almost every aspect of that movie. It was her decision to get rid of the sword and shield and her decision to have the “final battle” be a speech and not an actual fight (which is actually how the first one would’ve ended as well if she had her way). That movie being bad pretty much all falls on her.

Agree with all that. But most of the DC work when made by men have depicted the female characters as one dimensional or naval gazing or just nonexistent. The only successful ones I would say are Catwoman in BR, the first WW, maybe Catwoman in The Batman. Harley I would barely give a pass, Robie is great but still hasn’t the film she deserves.
Hard to argue with that.
Just like how the female led content over at Marvel reduces men to incompetent, bumbling, inferior cowards or sexual predators.

It’s almost as if playing identity politics isn’t actually working out in anyones favour…

That’s fair and I agree with you for the most part about women DC characters, just not with WW84. Patty Jenkins had the final say in almost every aspect of that movie. It was her decision to get rid of the sword and shield and her decision to have the “final battle” be a speech and not an actual fight (which is actually how the first one would’ve ended as well if she had her way). That movie being bad pretty much all falls on her.
I feel like this is turning into a mutual agreement, but I agree with that utterly! Haha. It’s like the whole Edgar Wright Ant-Man thing. Wrong type of director for these types of films. They probably had doesn’t play well with others on their school report cards.

Hard to argue with that.
Just like how the female led content over at Marvel reduces men to incompetent, bumbling, inferior cowards or sexual predators.

It’s almost as if playing identity politics isn’t actually working out in anyones favour…
My question is though, I’m not a big DC person but my impression is other than WW, Catwoman, Harley, Batgirl and variations of, what other big name female characters are there? Are we really getting to Mera and Black Canary after that? So is there a deep seated root cause problem to all this? Or am I just an illiterate DC fan more likely?

I feel like this is turning into a mutual agreement, but I agree with that utterly! Haha. It’s like the whole Edgar Wright Ant-Man thing. Wrong type of director for these types of films. They probably had doesn’t play well with others on their school report cards.

haha cheers man :duff

Back