Hot Toys Justice League Cyborg

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
quick update on that ebay listing for the custom i posted ,it arrived last tuesday ,i was pretty underwhelmed to be honest ,my guess is its the dc direct statue cut up and articulated and wired for lights ,a lot of work and beyond my skill set lol

that's okay but not what i thought i was buying and probably not worth what i paid for it

,anyway after a few day i got him back out and tried to work the lights out after requesting assistance from the seller and not hearing back

figured it out sort of

running it out of my computer via usb ,im not sure about straight from the mains as uk and usa use different voltage i think and im reluctant to risk burning out the wiring

all lights seem to work but not all at the same time its like theres not enough power to light them all up together

anyone know a fix for this thanks

IMG-20220425-WA0027.jpeg
IMG-20220425-WA0019.jpeg
IMG-20220425-WA0017.jpeg
IMG-20220425-WA0023.jpeg

quick update on that ebay listing for the custom i posted ,it arrived last tuesday ,i was pretty underwhelmed to be honest ,my guess is its the dc direct statue cut up and articulated and wired for lights ,a lot of work and beyond my skill set lol

that's okay but not what i thought i was buying and probably not worth what i paid for it

,anyway after a few day i got him back out and tried to work the lights out after requesting assistance from the seller and not hearing back

figured it out sort of

running it out of my computer via usb ,im not sure about straight from the mains as uk and usa use different voltage i think and im reluctant to risk burning out the wiring

all lights seem to work but not all at the same time its like theres not enough power to light them all up together

View attachment 573858View attachment 573859View attachment 573860View attachment 573861
The EBay seller would have to pay me a rental fee to get me to display that thing on my shelves. Yikes!

haha yeah i get you but you and i are different people and probably at different stages of our lives and with different priorities

im a old bloke at 64 in poor health whos loved superheroes since the late 1950s and collects captain action super powers megos and all points in between as a touchstone to my past ,that includes cheapo knock offs and hot toy type figures

i collect for my own personal pleasure of ownership ,im lucky to be at a place in my life where money isnt that important to me so if i see something i like ,ill buy it im lucky i dont have to weigh one purchase against another before i buy something or consider its resale value

i hope i live long enough to get to buy the hot toys version of cyborg but if i dont this one will stand at the back and fill that space for me now lol

anyway thanks for the engagement and i hope you continue to enjoy what you buy as much as i do cheers

haha yeah i get you but you and i are different people and probably at different stages of our lives and with different priorities

im a old bloke at 64 in poor health whos loved superheroes since the late 1950s and collects captain action super powers megos and all points in between as a touchstone to my past ,that includes cheapo knock offs and hot toy type figures

i collect for my own personal pleasure of ownership ,im lucky to be at a place in my life where money isnt that important to me so if i see something i like ,ill buy it im lucky i dont have to weigh one purchase against another before i buy something or consider its resale value

i hope i live long enough to get to buy the hot toys version of cyborg but if i dont this one will stand at the back and fill that space for me now lol

anyway thanks for the engagement and i hope you continue to enjoy what you buy as much as i do cheers
I hope so too my friend! I’m not going to lie, your post puts things into perspective and I actually regret taking a cheap shot at your figure just for a chuckle. In the grand scheme of things enjoy what we enjoy for however long we can is more important than snarky opinions (like mine) and anything else.
I wish you well and hope to see you posting pictures of your Hot Toys Cyborg alongside this one later this year!

figured it out sort of

View attachment 573858View attachment 573859View attachment 573860View attachment 573861
Did you try to run it through one of those travel type adapters? That would probably work without creating risk.

hey thanks for the replies ,and the suggestion ,the only adaptors i can find alter the pins from uk pin to usa pin but don't seem to mention the voltage
8589523_R_Z001A

so maybe the voltage wouldn't matter and just the ability to connect to it is the adaptors purpose

which isnt a problem as i have 3 pin to usb plugs from my phone chargers

cheers

figured it out sort of

Considering this was made from the DC Collectibles I think it's pretty good.
I think the best way around the lighting issue is a Fusion Reactor. I did a load of testing with an electrician on a fusion reactor to make sure it wouldn't burn out the LEDs on my statues and they seem to adapt to the output you need. I have them on my Hot Toys and my statues now, they work great.

For all the waiting we’ve done, I wish we could have got him with the Knightmare cloak he wears as a bonus. 😡

For all the waiting we’ve done, I wish we could have got him with the Knightmare cloak he wears as a bonus. 😡
I just wish they'd added the Human Mother Box with him. Not everyone had access to the special edition Batfleck I think it originally came with.

You can make a cloak pretty easily with a pair of scissors and some material.

I just wish they'd added the Human Mother Box with him. Not everyone had access to the special edition Batfleck I think it originally came with.
Amen to that. I recently found one on ebay and pulled the trigger. It's supremely frustrating to me the way HT handled the human mother box. Plus it just makes more sense with Cyborg than with armored Batman.

It's a shame this figure won't have the new USB powered LED. Will need one of those soap reactors. Without the lights on he's just gonna look dead in the display.

Back