Hot Toys Justice League Cyborg

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My question is though, I’m not a big DC person but my impression is other than WW, Catwoman, Harley, Batgirl and variations of, what other big name female characters are there? Are we really getting to Mera and Black Canary after that? So is there a deep seated root cause problem to all this? Or am I just an illiterate DC fan more likely?
Does the premise of your question rely on the prerequisite that a lack of ‘big name’ female heroes is inherently a bad thing and evidence of a systemic problem either at DC or with fans of the comic/superhero genre?

You know there’s something really weird about that THR article. I think it’s just Gunn releasing a trial balloon.

If you stop and think about it, when you think of the loss on investment for the four films already in the can… Plus a Henry Cavill solo Superman film that would be a kind of cultural event… the notion that they would do a total reboot has got to be bull crap.

Reportedly the Flash tested extremely well with test audiences. The buzz is that Ezra Miller delivers an amazing performance (irrespective of his real life issues). That’s the next film to release. So if it’s hugely popular… and let’s say the others in the pipe also do well… then they’re just going to scrap the whole thing. And if they release MoS 2 that would somehow not be a cultural event which is an automatic ticket buy? No. It doesn’t add up.

What’s weird about the THR article is that it mentions that DeLuca and Abdy wanted to work from Snyder’s foundation (even if Snyder himself doesn’t return), and evidently they were working strategically in that direction, but now Gunn wants to scrap what an exec higher in the food chain wants to do? Plus there’s no cashing in on potential success of the four movies already awaiting release and the potential of a MoS 2?

Again, it almost has to be a trial balloon. I don’t see a total reboot happening.
It was a joke but ok. Feel free to rationalize the joke.

Eh good riddance. Multiple sources already say she’s difficult to work with and doesn’t take well to criticism (constructive or otherwise). And to my knowledge she’s never really credited Zack Snyder for all the work he actually put into the first WW given that it was a lot of his suggestions that made the movie do great but instead took all the credit herself. We wouldn’t have had the fight with Ares if it was up to her. Then you get WW84 that she had almost nearly total creative control over and turned out to be an awful and pretty boring movie.

As much as I love most of the Snyderverse cast, I’m sorted ready to move on. Sometimes you have to take the limping thing you love our back and just put it out of its misery. They’ve already said the most recent screenings of both Flash and Aquaman have had the Cavill and Affleck cameos (respectively) removed.
Come on in hollywood you will get labled hard to work with just for daring to have any vision or thinking outside of what the studio wants you to do which is to check a bunch of boxes and not make the best movie that people get to see. Anybody that is creative will ultimately have to be hard to work with and the best art is made by such people. She also turned down justice league when it was taken from zack snyder so big respect to her. There are many reasons why ww84 turned out like that let us not be quick to blame patty I think she is one of the good people.

Last edited:
Agree with all that. But most of the DC work when made by men have depicted the female characters as one dimensional or naval gazing or just nonexistent. The only successful ones I would say are Catwoman in BR, the first WW, maybe Catwoman in The Batman. Harley I would barely give a pass, Robie is great but still hasn’t the film she deserves.
Women are depicted incredibly well in all of zack snyders films too

That’s fair and I agree with you for the most part about women DC characters, just not with WW84. Patty Jenkins had the final say in almost every aspect of that movie. It was her decision to get rid of the sword and shield and her decision to have the “final battle” be a speech and not an actual fight (which is actually how the first one would’ve ended as well if she had her way). That movie being bad pretty much all falls on her.
The lack of sword and shield is so puzzling and one of the reasons I will not get the hot toys figure

Come on in hollywood you will get labled hard to work with just for daring to have any vision or thinking outside of what the studio wants you to do which is to check a bunch of boxes and not make the best movie that people get to see. Anybody that is creative will ultimately have to be hard to work with and the best art is made by such people. She also turned down justice league when it was taken from zack snyder so big respect to her. There are many reasons why ww84 turned out like that let us not be quick to blame patty I think she is one of the good people.
Agree to disagree RE: Patty Jenkins.

Women are depicted incredibly well in all of zack snyders films too
In his non DC films yes, Dawn of the Dead, Sucker Punch, 300, but not really in his DC films, they are male dominated, WW is not given much to do. But because of his fairly strong track record outside of DC, I would suggest it’s not him who is the problem, it’s DC.

In his non DC films yes, Dawn of the Dead, Sucker Punch, 300, but not really in his DC films, they are male dominated, WW is not given much to do. But because of his fairly strong track record outside of DC, I would suggest it’s not him who is the problem, it’s DC.
Biiiiig disagree. Lois plays a major role in all of these films. Heck even the marthas and the idea of the "mother" being what unites batman and superman in the end. Then you have the amazons in zsjl in themyscira. And dont get me started on wonder woman. She absolutely slaps especially in jl she stands her own ground against steppenwolf and even lands the final blow. AND she has the baddest theme of the bunch *lamentation music begins*

Biiiiig disagree. Lois plays a major role in all of these films. Heck even the marthas and the idea of the "mother" being what unites batman and superman in the end. Then you have the amazons in zsjl in themyscira. And dont get me started on wonder woman. She absolutely slaps especially in jl she stands her own ground against steppenwolf and even lands the final blow. AND she has the baddest theme of the bunch *lamentation music begins*
You must be talking about the extended versions, I can’t remember any of that in the theatrical films, except maybe MoS.

Victor's mother and the mother with no money too.

It was a joke but ok. Feel free to rationalize the joke.

Haha, no worries this is me sometimes!

B027C087-EF84-4026-94B8-C2C24885B28E.png

The other interesting thing that’s come out now is that the execs (not Gunn) wanted Patty Jenkins to rewrite her treatment for WW3 and she refused and walked off the project. So technically there is still a film there with Gadot and it hasn’t been canceled yet.

That’s now I think three projects that Jenkins has walked away from.
Exactly. As I posted in Alatar's "Future of DC Films" thread it's probably a good thing Jenkins walked. If the script was anything like WW84 then I'm glad it got rejected.

Gadot is still there for sure.

Gadot even "randomly" tweeted this a day or so before it was public,

"A few years ago it was announced that I was going to play Wonder Woman.I’ve been so grateful for the opportunity to play such an incredible, iconic character and more than anything I’m grateful for YOU.The fans. Can’t wait to share her next chapter with you".

The bold bit clearly shows she's still there, just not with Jenkins script.

The lack of sword and shield is so puzzling and one of the reasons I will not get the hot toys figure
Understood.
I felt the same way, so I ordered a parted out sword, shield, and body strap (Justice League version). I figured that by doing this combination I could make the “definitive” Wonder Woman.

Maybe you can also find a parted out sword and shield Hando

Understood.
I felt the same way, so I ordered a parted out sword, shield, and body strap (Justice League version). I figured that by doing this combination I could make the “definitive” Wonder Woman.

Maybe you can also find a parted out sword and shield Hando
Maybe but I usually dont have a lot of luck finding parts but I also dont like the bright colors. Maybe adding a black wash will work but it might ruin it

I think the best thing to try is to get 2 figures but its not worth it so I will wait to see if inart ever releases one. Its in the plans but not even aragorn got announced yet 🥱

Hmm interesting comment. When I watched them the non-extended versions were the only ones that existed.
Then if you haven't already, take the time to sit and watch MoS and then the extended BvS and see if it makes more sense and flows better.

The cinematic release was again the studio tampered shortened version for maximum theater showings = $$$ which cut a lot of pieces out which made the story more cohesive.

Then if you haven't already, take the time to sit and watch MoS and then the extended BvS and see if it makes more sense and flows better.

The cinematic release was again the studio tampered shortened version for maximum theater showings = $$$ which cut a lot of pieces out which made the story more cohesive.
And zsjl I think the man only saw the whedon cut 😭

Back