Hot Toys - IT: Chapter 2 1/6 scale Pennywise

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stretching the limits on what 1/6 can represent is NOT HT anymore.They are the safe company, like most corps today, they will only do what makes alot of cash, even though they probably have the resources to do much more.

The artistry of creating unique and intriguing art peices is dead to them. Its all corporate board room, on the latest hip and trendy property, or the safest most loyal dedicated fans. Thats why we get loads of Iron men , Spider men, Marvel and SW. Its boring and predictable……yet safe and profitable. It also ticks me off that their are people willing to buy 16 Spidermen……and that allows a company with resources like HT caters to them.

The only reason we MIGHT get a Pennywise is for a few moments, IT was very popular with people….HT thought part two would be a wild success, which it was not overall….BUT the preorders were in, the production was probably too far, and the contracts were signed. The pretty much HAD to follow through on this, although it would take a back seat to everything …..because its no longer “Hot”.

And I hate them for it.

All the real great , unique and classic characters are being done by smaller companies, and they are being done well. In some cases the response to the fans from these companies, is far supiror to HT and the end products are now getting very close to HT quality.

I rarely buy from HT anymore, as their properties are boring and predictable. They will also end up as mass produced garbage littering ebay in a few years. Its already happening with the Marvel stuff.

If HT does pull this off, and the quality is good , it will be worth the wait, however if they put out a product that has secondary effort into the production as they have been with the release. I will take all my 1/6 money elsewhere.

I've sold the majority of my Hot Toys figures off the past few months. I had a lot of MCU and realized I know longer cared for it and how boring Hot Toys as a company had become. Now every new reveal it's just another Loki or another Tom Holland Spider-Man.

I miss the unique stuff like Pennywise, more and more that's been the responsibility of unlicensed companies.

Stretching the limits on what 1/6 can represent is NOT HT anymore.They are the safe company, like most corps today, they will only do what makes alot of cash, even though they probably have the resources to do much more.

The artistry of creating unique and intriguing art peices is dead to them. Its all corporate board room, on the latest hip and trendy property, or the safest most loyal dedicated fans. Thats why we get loads of Iron men , Spider men, Marvel and SW. Its boring and predictable……yet safe and profitable. It also ticks me off that their are people willing to buy 16 Spidermen……and that allows a company with resources like HT caters to them.

The only reason we MIGHT get a Pennywise is for a few moments, IT was very popular with people….HT thought part two would be a wild success, which it was not overall….BUT the preorders were in, the production was probably too far, and the contracts were signed. The pretty much HAD to follow through on this, although it would take a back seat to everything …..because its no longer “Hot”.

And I hate them for it.

All the real great , unique and classic characters are being done by smaller companies, and they are being done well. In some cases the response to the fans from these companies, is far supiror to HT and the end products are now getting very close to HT quality.

I rarely buy from HT anymore, as their properties are boring and predictable. They will also end up as mass produced garbage littering ebay in a few years. Its already happening with the Marvel stuff.

If HT does pull this off, and the quality is good , it will be worth the wait, however if they put out a product that has secondary effort into the production as they have been with the release. I will take all my 1/6 money elsewhere.

Long ago Nanjin posted in one of the Star Trek threads how he was pretty sure Hot Toys got that license only because QMx was going to do Pennywise and it looked good and that Howard Chan was just stomping out the competition.

Would QMx do a good job? All I can think of is they make Star Trek figures? I haven’t ordered any yet, the sculpts always look kinda “off” to me… like kinda waxy or something

Would QMx do a good job? All I can think of is they make Star Trek figures? I haven’t ordered any yet, the sculpts always look kinda “off” to me… like kinda waxy or something
Doesn't really matter what we think, just what Howard Chan thought.

Well I'm out,waiting this long and seeing other figures come out way after the PO of Pennywise I'm just done,I cancelled my PO,HT as a company makes great figures but over the years the variety and selection now just falls under their big 3 and I have no interest in any of those properties,and I'd just rather not give money to them given how they've handled this,for all those receiving this figure I hope it's not too much longer for you and I hope the wait has been worth it
Big 3? Don’t you mean the big 1? The house of the mouse? Even DC doesn’t get much love anymore.

HEY HT! I am over here spending THOUSANDS on non SW/Marvel figures from 3rd party figures…..I am TRYING to give you my money for this figure specifically because it is a release that is not in the above category……

If you cant or wont release good alternative properties, we now have quite a few great alternatives….

Keep pushing this back and I am sure I can find another producer thats making a figure I want that will happily take my money…..

He will ship SOON. Sideshow just let me update the boxing to double boxed. Paid my final payment today and this time it included tax and shipping in the payment, i paid final payment earlier this week on darth maul and didn't include those for me like on many pervious payment plan orders.

PS. Still cant modify boxing preferences on darth maul to double boxing yet.

Last edited:
I knew something was up today when they let me pay full amount.:woo Merry Christmas 🎅

4yKNIas.jpg

Last edited:
This will be one of those cases where SS suddenly sends me an email telling me this figure that should have come out a year and a half ago arriving in their warehouse “early”.
its just kinda surprising to me since there was no words in HK that it released at all while it seems sideshow got it first?? but im assuming the blogger pictures for pennywise through HT will come soon this week

Is Hot Toys sending this by air or something? Not yet released in HK but Sideshow is expecting it soon and taking final payments. That wouldn't normally happen.

Back