Hot Toys - Iron Man 3 - Mark XXXIX / Starboost

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a lot of Iron Man. :) I'm currently looking forward to the arrival of Starboost & Igor but they are still a couple of months away most probably. New announcements wise I'd like to see the Iron Legion suit made, depending on price I'll be getting either 2 or 4 of them & then if there's a mark 45 I'll have that too (along with the Hulkbuster too of course), a couple more HPP figures wouldn't hurt either so Nightclub, Disco & Shotgun would be cool, oh & a diecast too naturally & I think that'll be me happy for the time being. lol ;)

With regards to Star Wars, I'd say don't cancel the Shadow Trooper, it's far better than the Sideshow version & I think you'll be impressed with it so it's a good place to start a collection from. :)

Thanks I will probably take your advice and keep the order.

Yeah the Iron Legion drones look really good with the White and Blue colors and the gold faceplate without the lower mouthpiece, I always thought that looked good(like on the PAK Iron Man).

Thanks I will probably take your advice and keep the order.

Yeah the Iron Legion drones look really good with the White and Blue colors and the gold faceplate without the lower mouthpiece, I always thought that looked good(like on the PAK Iron Man).

I myself actually started my Star Wars collection with a Shadow Trooper believe it or not, I saw the statue that Gentle Giant made & just had to have it..., it all started from just that one piece. :)

Do you know how many Iron Legion drones there are? I know Ultron's first incarnation in the AoU movie is number 4 & online they seem to talk about 05 a bit but I don't know if there are dozens or just a few?

I myself actually started my Star Wars collection with a Shadow Trooper believe it or not, I saw the statue that Gentle Giant made & just had to have it..., it all started from just that one piece. :)

Do you know how many Iron Legion drones there are? I know Ultron's first incarnation in the AoU movie is number 4 & online they seem to talk about 05 a bit but I don't know if there are dozens or just a few?

Well I know theres is at least 2 that break into the Avengers party with Ultron MK1. The Lego set said that 2 more escape the tower(one of them with the scepter). So thats at least 4

It also said Thor chases the drones that escaped, but in the trailer he shows up in the aftermath of the attack to have words with Tony:)lol) So I assume he nabbed them and got the scepter back(or didnt and they got away). If he got them then that would probably be the end of the Iron Legion, ie no more being made or Tony will decommision them all and if he didnt get them, Ultron would turn them into his own drones or just destroy them after he makes his own stuff anyway

Either way I would prefer if there are just 4, so I only have to get 4 and then I can get some Ultron drones(probably 8)

Well I know theres is at least 2 that break into the Avengers party with Ultron MK1. The Lego set said that 2 more escape the tower(one of them with the scepter). So thats at least 4

It also said Thor chases the drones that escaped, but in the trailer he shows up in the aftermath of the attack to have words with Tony:)lol) So I assume he nabbed them and got the scepter back(or didnt and they got away). If he got them then that would probably be the end of the Iron Legion, ie no more being made or Tony will decommision them all and if he didnt get them, Ultron would turn them into his own drones or just destroy them after he makes his own stuff anyway

Either way I would prefer if there are just 4, so I only have to get 4 and then I can get some Ultron drones(probably 8)

I think I'll just try & get 4 then, thanks. :) Providing they make them of course. lol

Yeah its a pretty big IF at this point. So many Ultrons and 1... 2.... 3.... 4.... 5.... 6.... 7.... 8.... 9 heroes :horror

Makes me glad I'm more of an Iron Man collector the a general Marvel collector, I do have quite a few Marvel characters in bust form though so there's definitely room for growth there. lol ;)

I had the chance of getting the mark I 2.0, mark IV, V & War Machine mark I but passed them up when they said there were plans for diecast versions..., I'm not going to debate the merits of diecast but I do know every time they make new figures, they improve upon them, so if they get made I'll get them but for now I'm quite happy with the HPP suits & whatever else AoU brings us. :D

Plenty of examples where this is not the case. Many others where the cost far exceeds the perceived added value or "improvements".

Not saying the diecast wouldn't be an improvement but while gaining the metal, you also get a huge price increase and may lose other stuff like accuracy and accessories.

Plenty of examples where this is not the case. Many others where the cost far exceeds the perceived added value or "improvements".

Not saying the diecast wouldn't be an improvement but while gaining the metal, you also get a huge price increase and may lose other stuff like accuracy and accessories.

But some of the older figures have issues not worthy of making them purchases, the loose joints & pink panties being among them..., obviously not all but enough to warrant a few remakes. :)

View attachment 168715
View attachment 168716

I just got Starboost yesterday and I'm very impressed with the armor. I purchased my first hot toy less than 2 months ago and now own 5 with 3 more on pre order. I'm addicted!!
My first was the War Machine Mark II. I swore up and down that would be the last. 10 figures in and counting...[emoji2]

Got him Friday, he's so fuggin awesome:yess:

y8100SZ.jpg

kEX5TJ7.jpg

ft8rRgY.jpg

T3kzquA.jpg

hrQUDM3.jpg

Great pics, geezyj.

Thanks for the heads-up, guess we Cornerstore customers are SOL. :slap

Hey, I did P.O. with CSC but I was getting upset with them because it is taking them forever to get this in-stock. Also, is going to be a gift for my brother and I called them and they were more than happy to get me my full refund. I don't know what is going on with them but they're taking forever to get their items.

Just picked this baby at Toys 2 in Toronto today and loving it! This is also my first sixth scale Iron Man figure so I am a complete noob! So anyway, what do you suppose I do with this little paddle thingy bundled with the batteries? And what kinda screwdriver do I need to put the batteries in? I don't wanna risk scratching it with the wrong screwdriver.

621180e4d57837d64b4e667278dd5f25.jpg

Back