Hot Toys - Iron Man 3 - Mark XXXIX / Starboost

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They should have more time to complete the sale because there isn't a firm date but I don't believe the law specifies in regards to preorders. I'm not going to read through it but I remember the provision from law school. Here's the text if you're bored;

16 CFR 435.2 - Mail or telephone order sales. | LII / Legal Information Institute

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep that's the one I was talking about. It was my business school I learned about it. And it has been some time since I brushed up, but it goes from the announced date or they have to get a written notice stating you agree to a moved date. It's only after full payments too, if I recall correct. That's how sideshow gets around it.

Anyway, u think the main point is, this figure has been pushed back, multiple times, and sideshow, the main world wide distrubutor has announced it a handful of times over 6 months so if you have paid in full you can ask for and should get a full refund. If not, unless there's some new case law I am unaware of in the last few years, they are doing things wrong. If you ask and get refused feel free to pm me and I will help anyway I can.

Yep that's the one I was talking about. It was my business school I learned about it. And it has been some time since I brushed up, but it goes from the announced date or they have to get a written notice stating you agree to a moved date. It's only after full payments too, if I recall correct. That's how sideshow gets around it.

Anyway, u think the main point is, this figure has been pushed back, multiple times, and sideshow, the main world wide distrubutor has announced it a handful of times over 6 months so if you have paid in full you can ask for and should get a full refund. If not, unless there's some new case law I am unaware of in the last few years, they are doing things wrong. If you ask and get refused feel free to pm me and I will help anyway I can.

Thanks man! I wrote them a e-mail and will follow up with them if I don't hear back. But, is silly that it is taking them this long to get it in stock. They're located in CA where S.S. is so I don't understand what is going on. I'm a pretty patience individual but when I see BBTS (who get the stock usually last) and other online retailers have it in stock also it gets me upset. Also, is a gift for my brother so if they can get their act together than I'm taking my business elsewhere. But, thank you to everybody for their suggestions. Hopefully it will work out but if not that I'll definitely post it on OSR and let the other collectors know about this. Because I don't want them to go through what I'm going through right now.

You guys must have not been buying 2+ years ago. Back then every HotToys got shipped to resellers before they shipped directly to customers. I really don't see the big deal either way.

I get most of mine through my friend's comic shop, and I really don't care if it takes an extra few weeks to arrive. I save so much money versus buying from SS directly.

I do think they should have a standard shipping policy and set customer's expectations. IMHO, the first people to order the items should get them first.

I also think they should ship to resellers at the same time. Shipping to customers indifferent batches can be annoying.

Jealous of all you guys that I've gotten yours. Still waiting on mine. Have you guys every order from CornerStoreComics before? Still waiting for them to get their shipment :impatient:

I'm in the same boat, brother. Paid in full and everything. :monkey2

View attachment 167202

Just got this today. It has quickly become my favorite. The white and black contrast really well. Yup running out of space again!

Now that's awesome. :duff

Not trying to stir the pot but those of you upset your still waiting or on the waitlist, SS is giving one away today.

Not trying to stir the pot but those of you upset your still waiting or on the waitlist, SS is giving one away today.

If you're upset about the waitlist you should have ordered sometime during the 12 months before it went to waitlist haha

Is the tab on the back of the figure where you turn on the backpack suppose to be pure white or is it suppose to have an exhaust effect painted near the tabs?

I believe it is supposed to have a smoky exhaust paint, like the two shoulder ones, but to a lesser degree.

?????But he's not on the wait list......it say's BUY NOW.:cuckoo:

Haven't been to the site today. Just saw that some people were upset they had paid for their items in full or were on waitlist but hadn't received theirs because of the delays.

I just cancelled this figure for the second time and regret it again FFS! Dammit.

Meh.....the way things are going........this will be discounted $50 in a few months. I regret buying but I got suckered by the Sideshow waitlist.

Will it though? It's such a unique IM armour, I can see it selling out and having a huge aftermarket price. That's why I keep going back...

I preordered the first day, and if they discount it I'd buy another!

Back