Hot Toys Iron Man 2 War Machine preview

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HTWMcomp2.jpg

Comparison should be used for observing sculpt details, not scale (though I tried to match it). Lighting in photos are different, so...grain of salt.

I think the figure looks perfect compared to the War Machine coming out of the stage 1:40 into the trailer
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/FNQowwwwYa0&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/FNQowwwwYa0&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

The chest is noticeably larger on the BD which makes the waist look all that much thinner.

Did some emulatory processing to the promo pic of the figure to show what I mean with the poster pic. It clearly has some sort of texture on it as well as having the contrast and black levels pumped way up.

war-machine.jpg

The sculpt is off but then again its Hot Toys so I'm sure updates will be made up until it ships so I'm not worried. I'm definitely in for 2.

That looks great. Be good if looks like that when realeased. Still though, I'm still psyched with how it is now

Ya never know until you've seen the movie, right?

And that's how I'm looking at it.... I'll wait for the film to see if I even like the character, or the film for that matter.... I can assume that I will but we'll be getting the figure sometime in the 4th quarter so there's plenty of time to see the movie a few times and decide then.

The chest is noticeably larger on the BD which makes the waist look all that much thinner.

however, the superb paint job makes up for it, IMO. Ive seen it on hand last week.

both mark 3s are awesome, and I just picked up both again (sold my mark 3, when the BD was announced).:monkey3

But...a shiny paint job is a requirement for movie accuracy :confused:

Besides, in terms of movie accuracy, both releases sucked proportionately, if that's your issue with the battle-damaged version. Side by side, the difference in proportions are truly insignificant.

Well from that Video the waist looks far too thin and the helmet is too thin and elongated too. Hey that's my view, if you prefer the BD, that's all fine and dandy to me.

I used to not give a crap about having the right face sculpt for IM figs because I never planned to display any of them with the mask up. However, with that scene in IM2 when Stark and Rhodes are being surrounded and we see both their faces, it changes a few things. Especially since this seems to be a pivotal scene of the movie. I can see a great dio based on that.

This is one serious looking figure! I actually dont have too much issue with the headsculpt as is but each to their own, I dont imagine anyone would display him without the face plate closed anyways.

Its amazing how these figs keep getting more and more complex engineering wise, its a joy to look at them!

I'm giving up statues.. HT is the way to go! (besides SS Joes, Dead and SW) ;)

I don't think the Cheadle sculpt is a dealbreaker for anyone but it may not be the last. Recent stills show Tony face to face with the Mark 2 and some are speculating that its Rhodey in there for "training" or something along those lines. If they show Rhodey at all actually wearing that suit I could see them redoing the Mark 2 with these same newer features like movable fingers and articulated waist with Rhodey's face in there...

That's a good bet... we could get tons of figs from this film.

A better Mark 4, a better Mark 2 (with Rhodey in there), Mark 5 (possibly with racecar Tony), Mark 6, Black Widow, War Machine, Whiplash, Drones, Whiplash final armor, we could even get a new Tony, Rhodey, Nick Fury, Hammer, Pepper Potts & Natasha as Tony's assistant.

I think it might be more likely that the SSC exclusive comes with a mark II head with the Rhode's sculpt.

edit: A better mark IV? Better than what?

That's a good bet... we could get tons of figs from this film.

A better Mark 4, a better Mark 2 (with Rhodey in there), Mark 5 (possibly with racecar Tony), Mark 6, Black Widow, War Machine, Whiplash, Drones, Whiplash final armor, we could even get a new Tony, Rhodey, Nick Fury, Hammer, Pepper Potts & Natasha as Tony's assistant.

Yes! Bring it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back