Hot Toys Iron Man 2 Movie Masterpiece Teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't really see the deeper set eyes. On the original mark III yes, the new armors seem to have eyes more similar to the HT figure's eyes.

4196498837_94a6ed6108_o.jpg

Iron-Man-2.png

Interesting to note, the teaser shows off the shoulder rocket launchers which have not been seen in any of the trailers.

I just have a question. What shoulder (left or right) is the mini gun supposed to be on? I've seen it on both shoulders. Does he have two, does it move around, or is it just picture goofs? :confused:

I think it moves around and can point over any shoulder... Or maybe they just posted a mirrored picture :huh

I think it is on a sort of robotic arm and can shoot over either shoulder.

from the looks of the first trailer, it can move from shoulder to shoulder. And judging from the hot toys teaser, it looks like the 2 shoulders can pop up and turn sideways to reveal the shoulder missiles

from the looks of the first trailer, it can move from shoulder to shoulder. And judging from the hot toys teaser, it looks like the 2 shoulders can pop up and turn sideways to reveal the shoulder missiles

Didnt notice it like that, thought was gonna be some other attachment. Awesome :D

Glad they are starting off with Warmachine and not making us wait and or hoping he will ever come (Rorschach anyone?)! Anything beyond him is just gravy!

I just have a question. What shoulder (left or right) is the mini gun supposed to be on? I've seen it on both shoulders. Does he have two, does it move around, or is it just picture goofs? :confused:

I agree, I hot HT gives us the Mark V before any of the Mark IV or Mark VI figures because I'd love to diversify my shelf before adding slight variations. As for the mini gun, from what I can tell the right shoulder has the smaller gun while the left has the cannon, according to some sites they'll fold downwards when not needed and pop up and rotate when fighting.

Yeah I kinda hope to see the Mark V next as well. Given that they released six different suits (mkI, mech test, mkII, mkIII, BD mkIII, "Silly Thing") from the first film which only really had three suits I would imagine we who want to see all the suits have nothing to worry about.

From Hot Toys facebook it looks like they are giving us previews of all the main figures before the movie hits... here's hoping Widow is next. :D

Love the siggy btw Mike.

I was only going to buy a Black Widow but I want War Machine too. You guys think they'll make the Hammer drones?

Now I need to decide between the BD Mk.3 or Mech Test Stark.

I don't really see the deeper set eyes. On the original mark III yes, the new armors seem to have eyes more similar to the HT figure's eyes.

Yeah, the new armors seem to be brighter in the sequel compared to the Mark III in the first film (I made sure to look at the trailers again before posting previously), so in that sense it give HT a bit of leeway, but still, take a look:

From a more discernable angle.

The eyes are still recessed into the faceplate with a still distinct outline around them.
IM2stillWM.png

26273_361798217343_58690437343_4110047_3474121_n.jpg

Also to note, the jaw isn't quite right (Hydeous pointed that out in the other thread). Like I said before, it's not a big deal, but it shows what HT will keep the same from their previous IM figures. They'll probably fix the jaw though.

The eyes I think is simply just a matter of scale. The jaw I will agree is a bit iffy, it's hard to tell from the pics we have seen but it does look like it sticks out too far. These are all negligible differences to me.

Back