Hot Toys - Iron Man 2:Mark IV Limited Edition spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Out of all the figures especially Iron Man with all the intricate parts, the package should be housed in foam.
Very good solution. I know the type you're referring to. The heat molded foam that doesn't easily strip apart. If HT used this I wouldn't have had all the forearm missile panels loose in the box. :slap

Yeah, mine was rattling as well. One of the little square flaps broke off due to it no longer sitting in the molded placeholder. That little top cover holding either left or right sections was putting pressure on it so it gave.

Since the clear plastic doesn't give much leeway except when stood on or heavy impact, any sudden jolts on the traveling route the figure parts take the punishment. If it was foam, the worst that could happen is the plastic parts cut into the foam rather than getting crushed. The foam morphs back anyway.

Yesss, mine mark iv just received.

5479830655_31e34da079_z.jpg

5479829231_e6c82d011d_z.jpg

5480428996_dd5b0c78dc_z.jpg

5480427458_0800dcfd2d_z.jpg

Off topic a bit. Does anyone remember the name of the Iron Man Expo Dancers that some company did as this movie was coming out? I remember they were under a "unlicensed" name, but can not remember. I thought it was something along the lines of Iron Angels or something but not sure. I tried using the search engine here but can not remember the name they were under. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

Off topic a bit. Does anyone remember the name of the Iron Man Expo Dancers that some company did as this movie was coming out? I remember they were under a "unlicensed" name, but can not remember. I thought it was something along the lines of Iron Angels or something but not sure. I tried using the search engine here but can not remember the name they were under. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

Irongel, I believe.

https://smcgcustoms.com/Documents/IronGelWEB.jpg

Last edited:
I love this figure! Looking forward to the Battle damaged Mark III--my next purchase.

Welcome to the forum Son! Unless you're a completist is there any reason why you want the BD Mk III? I suggest you read through the related threads to determine whether it's worth your pennies or whether you'd be better off with the Mk VI. I'd be interested to hear if anyone else thinks the same or differently, but that's just my opinion.

Comparing the BD MKIII to the BD MKVI is like comparing the original hot toys Batman to the DX2 Batman. The only reason to own both is if you're a completionist like mentioned by Lejuan.

Yeah I would say unless you're doing the Hall of Armor thing, don't get any of the IIIs.

Gotta place my vote...go Mk.VI.

With the release of the Mk.IV (and Mk.VI for that matter), the Mk.III BD has taken a back seat and has become the least interesting figure on my shelf. That will change, however. The Iron Monger will breathe new life into the Mk.III for me. :yess:

how y'all like the C clamp thingy? i had IM almost fall out of it when "flying". think it'll damage the sides over long term?
Good question.
I was debating whether or not to display the Mk.IV in a flying pose.
I'm sure members here have had there's in the clamp for a long time. I'd like to know if it leaves any markings on the armor too.

Back