1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Iron Spider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great review! Really enjoyed the commentary along with the stunning poses. What's the background you're using? Looks really cool.

Thank you very much! The background is an oversized 3-D art piece of a floor and sky deck.

Wow, best video I've seen yet ! Great poses, great photography (background looks amazing), clear and concise explanations with no waffling. Did I say great poses ?!!

Good job Otaku !

I really appreciate that, thank you! It's definitely a figure that you'll be posing right out of the box.

Sweet pics.
Very vivid and crispy

Thank you!

Sweet pics.
Very vivid and crispy

Yeah, I totally agree. I dunno if it's a Photoshop edit, effect, filter, or whatever, but those shots are freakin' money!

Makes me excited to be getting mine! I gotta say Dean Knight's review definitely dampened my excitement, but those photos are pumping me up again!

For me all Dean Knight's review did was confirm that you can't put him in any extreme poses without creasing, which most of us already assumed would be the case back when the figure was first teased. In all the other videos and pics I've seen the figure still looks amazing and worth getting regardless.

I haven't unboxed my homecoming figure yet. When people say they wouldn't leave a figure like this or the homecoming one in a dynamic pose for "too long," what is "too long?" Are we talking minutes? Or a few days?

I have this figure on PO but I realistically only repose my figures once every few weeks or less. Safe to assume that there would be gross deformation of the suit in that time frame?

I haven't unboxed my homecoming figure yet. When people say they wouldn't leave a figure like this or the homecoming one in a dynamic pose for "too long," what is "too long?" Are we talking minutes? Or a few days?

I have this figure on PO but I realistically only repose my figures once every few weeks or less. Safe to assume that there would be gross deformation of the suit in that time frame?

Many people have said they’ve left HC Tech Suit Spidey in a dynamic pose for weeks and then the suit returned to form after a day of a museum pose. I left my Amazing Spiderman 2 Spidey in the most ridiculous dynamic pose for well over a year and his suit returned to a pretty close form after a couple of months in a static pose in Stan Lee’s autograph line.

Many people have said they’ve left HC Tech Suit Spidey in a dynamic pose for weeks and then the suit returned to form after a day of a museum pose. I left my Amazing Spiderman 2 Spidey in the most ridiculous dynamic pose for well over a year and his suit returned to a pretty close form after a couple of months in a static pose in Stan Lee’s autograph line.

Not bad at all. Makes me feel better about it then. I just wouldn't want it to be a situation where I can literally only pose, take a few pics, then back to completely neutral. I don't really care about the little creases at joint lines, it's more of the suit being really warped.

Yeah if you're just talking about basic stretching or bagginess at the knees, that will most likely return to normal even after a few weeks in an extreme pose. It's just the faint creases left on the thicker rubber parts that I think most people are concerned with.

Not only the creases issue... Would it be like most of our Iron Man rubber part? After some time it becomes "Pink Pantie". Can anyone provides opinion based on your fabric expertise ?

Not only the creases issue... Would it be like most of our Iron Man rubber part? After some time it becomes "Pink Pantie". Can anyone provides opinion based on your fabric expertise ?

Well, those parts that faded were either painted or were rubber, or both. Iron Spiderman’s suit appears to be a fabric. I’m not worried a bit about fading.

Well, those parts that faded were either painted or were rubber, or both. Iron Spiderman’s suit appears to be a fabric. I’m not worried a bit about fading.

LOL. It clearly is not fabric, it is some type of thin plastic/rubber based on pictures.

As to whether or not it can fade, that is a good question. I am not sure people know exactly what the material is. From reviews it looks like thin plastic, though there is an outside chance it could be extremely thin silicone. I don't quite think silicone though just from how it moves from the pictures. Silicone can slow color fade/change better than some similar materials, although it is likely inevitable with plastics/silicone. Ensuring they are away from UV will lengthen their life.

LOL. It clearly is not fabric, it is some type of thin plastic/rubber based on pictures.

As to whether or not it can fade, that is a good question. I am not sure people know exactly what the material is. From reviews it looks like thin plastic, though there is an outside chance it could be extremely thin silicone. I don't quite think silicone though just from how it moves from the pictures. Silicone can slow color fade/change better than some similar materials, although it is likely inevitable with plastics/silicone. Ensuring they are away from UV will lengthen their life.

Guess we'll find out in 2-3 years...but by then HT will have released an actual Diecast Iron Spidey. :lol

Definitely not a figure to be put somewhere where it will be in sunlight that's for sure. But most figures come under that requirement.

I Keep thinking of the LOTR return king spider scene when Frodo gets wrapped up in the web's. My thought take a crap broken body wrap it spider web's w/victim's head poking out lol. Just a fun idea to lay in front of this spider as a fun spiderman capture either hanging in the cabinet or just in front of display.

Last edited:
I Keep thinking of the LOTR return king spider scene when Frodo gets wrapped up in the web's. My thought take a crap broken body wrap it spider web's w/victim's head poking out lol. Just a fun idea to lay in front of this spider as a fun spiderman capture either hanging in the cabinet or just in front of display.

https://i.imgur.com/eCOTW5A.gif
70788e0b73cca27bd67e43f708228c7c.jpg

Back