1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Iron Spider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is why we pay premium pricing for these high-end collectibles! The quality and craftsmanship is second to none! :lol

I'm thinking if I should have this figure traded plus cash for the Homecoming Tech suit. The Homecoming Tech Suit is currently selling for retail price here in my country with this figure being more expensive. Could probably use the cash to pay off my pre-order for Thanos as he is coming next. I just need some thoughts if this figure or the Tech suit is better.

EDIT: I also want to have just 1 Spidey for my collection (for now), and I think I'd rather get a more classic suit than a one-off suit. What's keeping me from selling this is that I can't decide which one's the better figure overall.

I'm thinking if I should have this figure traded plus cash for the Homecoming Tech suit. The Homecoming Tech Suit is currently selling for retail price here in my country with this figure being more expensive. Could probably use the cash to pay off my pre-order for Thanos as he is coming next. I just need some thoughts if this figure or the Tech suit is better.

EDIT: I also want to have just 1 Spidey for my collection (for now), and I think I'd rather get a more classic suit than a one-off suit. What's keeping me from selling this is that I can't decide which one's the better figure overall.

I really like the design and color of this suit, especially with the large spider logo on his torso. But if you want a more classic looking suit, the tech suit might be a better choice for you.

I have both figures. If I had to keep only one in my collection, it would be Iron Spider. I wouldn't even hesitate if I had to choose between the two. They are both amazing figures, but the Iron Spider is just at a completely different level with how good it looks IMO. It just really pops on the shelf and is a visual marvel to look at. Hot Toys really knocked it out of the park with this figure. With Far From Home coming out soon, you may end up liking the figure they release from that movie more depending on how everything turns out.

If you have the possibility, try to get a look at the Homecoming suit in person before making a switch. You will end up with an amazing figure either way, but I couldn't personally let Iron Spider go for the Homecoming suit, especially if it is not the deluxe version of the figure.

Yep totally agree here. I was waiting for a good standard spiderman representation for the collection. Got on the Iron Spider bandwagon late but no regrets. Looks awesome amongst the others. Also fits better if you're getting Thanos and some of the other more recent characters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have spent so much time trying to get these batteries in the head, anyone have a trick??!!

Yup LR41, as I posted this then tried one more time I finally got it! Never taking these batteries out. Was very frustrating. I got sausage fingers so it didn't help

Tweezers are your friend Lex. 2 dropped in place with fat fingers, then a third in place with tweezers and pushed in properly with plastic tool thing.

Done in 20 seconds.

Then again maybe I got lucky :lol

Tweezers are your friend Lex. 2 dropped in place with fat fingers, then a third in place with tweezers and pushed in properly with plastic tool thing.

Done in 20 seconds.

Then again maybe I got lucky :lol

You definitely got lucky. I ended up doing a MacGyver: I used a tiny piece of duct tape along the batteries' edges to keep them together and pressed them in all at once. This was after 15-20 minutes of attempting the method you used. :gah:

I put the batteries in quickly also, used tweezers. It was harder to take the batteries out.

I have spent so much time trying to get these batteries in the head, anyone have a trick??!!

1) Get a pair of tweezers
2) Insert 2 batteries in, should be easy
3) Insert the third battery in between the two that are already slotted in

I find that is far easier than trying to wedge a batter in on either edge.

Took me like a solid hour getting those things in too lol. Advise would be to put 2 in, then use the plastic thing they give you in one hand to hold the 2 batteries back and use use tweasers to fit the 3rd one in. Also make sure the batteries are facing the right direction because I had some real fun words when I finally got them in and realized I had them backwards.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yup LR41, as I posted this then tried one more time I finally got it! Never taking these batteries out. Was very frustrating. I got sausage fingers so it didn't help

I don't recommend leaving the batteries since they might cause damage to the figure if they leak.

A nice addition to the eventual IW/EG shelf.

IMG_20190122_214723.jpg

You waiting for Thanos to move Vader out ? :lol

Hah, I need more shelf space, so I wanted to display Luke/Emperor/Vader/Boba in the top shelf before IW takes over, and they get relegated temporary to another cabinet.

I have some backdrops coming in the next couple of days to revamp the shelf looks, will post somewhere when they arrive.

IMG_20190117_150716.jpg

Hah, I need more shelf space, so I wanted to display Luke/Emperor/Vader/Boba in the top shelf before IW takes over, and they get relegated temporary to another cabinet.

I have some backdrops coming in the next couple of days to revamp the shelf looks, will post somewhere when they arrive.

View attachment 441202

That’s a Killer Collection!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back