1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Iron Spider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I speculated previously that they might have large, interchangeable plastic plug-in pieces for his back (one with the leg posts, one without) that utilize the spider logo to camouflage any seams when not using the legs.

Pondering this further my previous idea seems unlikely, as that would probably severely limit upper body articulation and/or ab crunch. Flexibility is a key Spidey attribute, so hopefully HT has a better idea.

iron spider.jpg

Pondering this further my previous idea seems unlikely, as that would probably severely limit upper body articulation and/or ab crunch. Flexibility is a key Spidey attribute, so hopefully HT has a better idea.

My point exactly! When the legs aren’t shown in the movie, I don’t see any visible “backpack” or whatever type of housing for the legs. Very interested to see how HT handles this.

My point exactly! When the legs aren’t shown in the movie, I don’t see any visible “backpack” or whatever type of housing for the legs. Very interested to see how HT handles this.

Did a few screen grabs from one of the SDCC videos to get a better look at the prototype. A bit blurry, but these certainly make it look like they plug into the back. Perhaps they're located high enough such that they don't interfere with articulation? Or perhaps they're utilizing some really strong-ass magnets such that they'll hold right through the suit (i.e., no holes required)? Who knows? :huh

iron spider back.jpg

iron spider back_2.jpg

What if they aren't removable? Personally, I'm OK with that...hopefully they are posable.

You mean the promos showing pictures they are detachable....and the description saying...

"Two (2) pairs of detachable gold-colored articulated Iron Spider pincers"

I am going to go on a limb here and say they are detachable.

But I hope they are posable enough to have all four touching the ground. In the movie they are used heavily to help stop his movement.

You mean the promos showing pictures they are detachable....and the description saying...

But I hope they are posable enough to have all four touching the ground. In the movie they are used heavily to help stop his movement.

Whew! That's a load off my mind. :)

I’m hoping they are possible as well...I really hope I’m able to pose spidey like the Turner variant cover to Civil War 3 where he’s sitting with the extra legs holding him above Caps shield.

HT was very careful not to show the back of the figure in any of the pictures when the legs are not attached. So I'm guessing they're just going to use some plastic caps to cover the holes and try to match the color/pattern of the costume as best they can. They know its not going to look screen accurate, which is exactly why they didn't show it.

I really don't think there is much they could do. They needed to secure those legs to the body some how. The only real solution would be for HT to release a second figure without the legs and a completely seamless costume in the back ( Im sure they wouldn't mind doing this :monkey3) so you have the option if its really important to you.

Oh trust me, when production photos pop up, everyone who doesn't want it will jump on board. It is a tough figure to build. Trust in Hot Toys.

Oh trust me, when production photos pop up, everyone who doesn't want it will jump on board. It is a tough figure to build. Trust in Hot Toys.

Yup I expect after release this figure will be highly sought after if HT nails it which I’m sure they will do

Not sure if this has been covered yet, but I just watched Infinity War on Blu Ray last night (my third viewing) and realized that in the movie, this Iron Spider costume has torso lights on the shoulders and sides similar to Iron Man and War Machine. The description specs just lists the light up eyes, not the light up torso.

Not sure if this has been covered yet, but I just watched Infinity War on Blu Ray last night (my third viewing) and realized that in the movie, this Iron Spider costume has torso lights on the shoulders and sides similar to Iron Man and War Machine. The description specs just lists the light up eyes, not the light up torso.

Been discussed, probably too hard to do at a reasonable cost.

Maybe they can just incorporate some blue glow in the dark material or something similar to the luminous material they used for Thor's eyes for those supposedly areas that light up.

Maybe they can just incorporate some blue glow in the dark material or something similar to the luminous material they used for Thor's eyes for those supposedly areas that light up.

That would be me my guess. Not a trend I’m sure about but it does save them money and perhaps give us features we wouldn’t otherwise get.

Possibly an interchangeable back piece that plugs in as to not have holes on the back of the figure when the legs aren’t attached?

After watching the blu Ray..I’m so glad HT put the gold wrist gauntlets and the blue jems on the shoulders. This is definitely the best screen accurate IS figure . I only wished HT can develop the unmasked hs with more of an exposed neck

Back