Hot Toys Indiana Jones & the Dial of Destiny

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well after seeing the movie... I think I'll be passing on this figure too. I didn't hate the movie like I did Crystal Skull, but nothing about it really excited me or inspires me to want a figure from it either.

And honestly Ford never even looked that great in the costume, or looked as cool and iconic as you would expect him to. Which is about the only thing the last movie had going for it:

000.jpg

Here it almost seems sad watching him run around in the same outfit as an old man, and it comes across a little too weird and out of place for the time period.

Last edited:
I saw the movie yesterday and I enjoyed it. It wasn't perfect, but kept me entertained for what it was.

I would really love to add an Indiana Jones figure to my collection, but I want the younger version. I don't mind if it is based on the CG version from this movie. I just don't want old man Indy.

Like someone said above, you can dress Ford in the outfit, but for some reason it felt off. Didn't really like the late 60s setting either. It felt too modern for Indiana Jones.

OG Indy is de-aged Indy.

I could see them having him as one of their big Summer Showcase reveals like 'Indiana Jones 1944 version'.
No but that's my point. It's not the same if HT stay true to CGI de-aged Indy. But I guess we'll see. I just hope they use both de-aged and OG source material for a the sculpt to get it perfect.

Assuming it is coming of course.

Well after seeing the movie... I think I'll be passing on this figure too. I didn't hate the movie like I did Crystal Skull, but nothing about it really excited me or inspires me to want a figure from it either.

And honestly Ford never even looked that great in the costume, or looked as cool and iconic as you would expect him to. Which is about the only thing the last movie had going for it:

View attachment 647691

Here it almost seems sad watching him run around in the same outfit as an old man, and it comes across a little too weird and out of place for the time period.
Haven’t seen the new movie yet, but that was a concern I had. Ford might love the role but he’s old for it.

At least with Kingdom of the Crystal Skull he was older but not so old that it took me out of it. The new one it’s like if my grandpa was going on these adventures.

Haven’t seen the new movie yet, but that was a concern I had. Ford might love the role but he’s old for it.

At least with Kingdom of the Crystal Skull he was older but not so old that it took me out of it. The new one it’s like if my grandpa was going on these adventures.
which is still relatable though right?
Am sure a lot of people with these skill sets would be continuing up until they died.
Henry Jones was too 😁

Saw the movie yesterday and I enjoyed myself. Yes Indy is old and weak when it comes to certain situations, though he still is able to handle himself to a degree he isn't as nimble as he was. At least in KOTCS he was 65 so he still had a bit of strength left in him. Had he carried his gun and used that it would have been better and he could have grown wiser in terms of how he fought and could have been more creative when he took down enemies.

Give us an Indy & Henry Jones two pack from LC already Hot Toys! Forget all this Dial of Disaster bunkum. :exactly:
I’d take them all, honestly. Give me the old and the new. I didn’t expect much from this film but I left very satisfied and had a great time with the family with it. Much better than Skull and much more depth

Yeah it does kinda feel that way. Ford may be incredibly fit at 80, but he still looks very much like a frail old man in the costume now (even though I realize he's only supposed to be 70 at this time), and seems to be missing that dangerous edge he had in the previous movies that made the whole look work and seem so cool.

Yeah it does kinda feel that way. Ford may be incredibly fit at 80, but he still looks very much like a frail old man in the costume now (even though I realize he's only supposed to be 70 at this time), and seems to be missing that dangerous edge he had in the previous movies that made the whole look work and seem so cool.
Without the gunbelt and holster it removed any form of that edge also.

Yeah that certainly didn't help. There are so many points in this movie where he could have been returning fire and actually putting up a fight, and yet I think we only see it the one time near the end.

1st post back on the forum after a few years, but wanted to say I can't wait to grab the highest version of this, especially since I don't have a prior Hot Toys Indiana Jones at all. I saw the movie yesterday & was surprisingly pleased.

Thought it would just be a downright dumpster fire from early viewings and voice lines leaked, as well as trailer, but I was met with something relatively pleasant!

They're probably just using the TFA Han body again.
Now it explains why I'm seeing something familiar out of this. Thanks for reference. Hoping that it's new as that's a bit old now isn't it. Only thing I have from "sequel" line are the Praetorian Guards. Would like to have 4 more of them if possible for a reasonable price.

Back