Hot Toys Holiday Special Boba Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Then why make it at all other than to squeeze some cash out of the ROTJ Fett moulds? This makes me worry that their eventual ESB Fett will use the same helmet, and it certainly has to mean that it'll take longer to get produced. What is the market for this - completists and Fett collectors? The Holiday Special is a fun in-joke among fans - because outside of the community it's not widely known - but spending that amount of money on a joke figure isn't for everyone.

Nobody is arguing that they aren't doing it to make extra cash off of existing molds/materials. Of course they are, it's good business practice. Wor-Gar suggested "If you're going to do it, do it right" to which I pointed out that the market for this figure likely doesn't justify the cost of making a whole new figure from scratch.

**** retentive is considered an insult (or "attack" as you put it) in these parts? :cuckoo: You do know that the censored word is a n a l right? Not sure why that's on the banned list but there you go.

I really do want this. I am a huge Boba Fett fan and I thought I was done with my SS ESB, SS Proto and 1/4 HT ROTJ.

But this is the only other Fett I can justify. Wow, never even thought anyone would try to make this. I absolutely love the character and love the suit design. I'm in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys why is there fighting!

It's Holiday Special Boba Fett! We should be rejoicing, holding hands!

Wor-Gar suggested "If you're going to do it, do it right" to which I pointed out that the market for this figure likely doesn't justify the cost of making a whole new figure from scratch.

I got that, and I get it. But there's always so much **** retentiveness (Khev's word) around these parts about accuracy that I'm not used to people here cutting so much slack even if its a cartoon. You'd think taking the pouches off his thighs wouldn't be such a big deal but would better match the source.

Come on tho. There are like a ba-Gillion Iron Man colour swaps. I think it looks good. I think I'd rather have a realistic portrayal of that suit...sure no pouches is accurate...but cartoon drawings aren't going to have the level of detail of a real suit. A completely faithful rendition would be pretty boring.

I like the colour swaps. The weapon. Unique base. Really it is a special edition limited figure. Won't appeal to everyone.

If they offer Maude (Bea Arthur) and Lumpy then this will be a set worthy of.... well, you know.

They need to offer this version of Luke too.... Glam Luke....

585aed17ba58c324008b45ed-1063

Nobody is arguing that they aren't doing it to make extra cash off of existing molds/materials. Of course they are, it's good business practice. Wor-Gar suggested "If you're going to do it, do it right" to which I pointed out that the market for this figure likely doesn't justify the cost of making a whole new figure from scratch.

To which I said, why bother doing it at all? Given that OT releases have slowed over the last year, you wonder if it is good business practice to take up a release slot for a figure that will not be a huge seller. It's just lazy, and to me there's no excitement there. Years ago I think Hasbro did a similar repaint. If they're going to reuse the moulds then at least use them in a way that's genuinely surprising like porcelain stormtrooper was. Union Jack Fett, or Buzz Lightyear deco Fett or Marvel Art Fett - at least those would make you sit up. This is boring and predictable IMHO - but please don't be offended by me if you love the idea of this, it's just my twopennysworth.

I'll be ordering this also. 100%

This makes the 4th Fett for my lineup. SSC ESB v2, HT ROTJ, SSC Prototype, and HT Holiday <3 <3 <3 <3 I say keep em coming! Prepro Fett, Mythos Fett. COLLECT EM ALL :clap

I agree there's little market for this. I can't believe they want to admit to the Holiday Special.

But anyway -- they gave him the coloring and the correct weapon, why not go all the way. Sideshow made a McQuarrie version and it was accurate, why shouldn't this be? Seems pointless to have a Fett that is simply 'colored' like the HS.

Hasbro was guilty of doing the the same with the same with the 3 3/4 figure but it still looked bad a$$ and I happily bought it. Doing the same with this one.

Bad Ass. Inferior to alot of customs people have done, but good enough for me to add another Fett to the line-up.

Back