Hot Toys Holiday Special Boba Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rubio95

Super Freak
Reaction score
Omg!

I get to actually start a Boba Fett thread??

Apologies if this is a duplicate.

Hard to tell how much this varies from the RotJ version, but it could be pretty sweet!

43A05705-83AF-4D88-81D3-A9FD092F6B8C.jpg

Last edited:
im sold.

love the holstered blaster bet that would be cool on other fetts as well.

Kind of cool for those that want it but it's an easy pass for me. Too many other announcements that I'm more interested in.

He didn't look like that in the cartoon.

What do you mean? His color scheme and accessories seem on point from what we can see so far.

Review_BobaFettAnimatedDebutTAC_stillB.jpg

If you're referring to the fact that the shape of his helmet and whatnot is different well that was just the hyper-stylized look of the cartoon. Just look at Han. :lol

If you're referring to the fact that the shape of his helmet and whatnot is different ...

Yes. His helmet shape, chest armor, no pockets on his thighs, wookie scalps, holster belt, etc.

Looks like HT just repainted ROTJ Fett. Which is cheap and wrong. If you're going to do it, do it right.

Yes. His helmet shape, chest armor, no pockets on his thighs, wookie scalps, holster belt, etc.

Looks like HT just repainted ROTJ Fett. Which is cheap and wrong. If you're going to do it, do it right.
That's ridiculous. There is NO market big enough for this figure that would justify custom tooling / clothing patterns.

The cartoon Fett lacks details likely as a favor to the animators, not because it's any kind of highly considered design choices.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I'll pick up this Fett, it'll go well with the SSC prototype version on the shelf I think. Honestly the Emperor in the pic is what Im most excited about though!

That's ridiculous. There is NO market big enough for this figure that would justify custom tooling / clothing patterns.

The cartoon Fett lacks details likely as a favor to the animators, not because it's any kind of highly considered design choices.

I agree there's little market for this. I can't believe they want to admit to the Holiday Special.

But anyway -- they gave him the coloring and the correct weapon, why not go all the way. Sideshow made a McQuarrie version and it was accurate, why shouldn't this be? Seems pointless to have a Fett that is simply 'colored' like the HS.

I agree there's little market for this. I can't believe they want to admit to the Holiday Special.

But anyway -- they gave him the coloring and the correct weapon, why not go all the way.

Because you're talking about "screen accurate" to a garbage cartoon XD Liberties were going to have to be taken to translate that awful 2D drawing into a decent 1/6 figure anyway, so since the market is likely to be small, it probably made just as much sense to say "Let's use the details we already have molds for."

If the redheaded stepchild of the Star Wars universe can see an official release, there's nothing stopping Sideshow from releasing Legends characters (The old EU) in Sixth Scale. Even Lucasfilm before selling it's soul to the Mouse disowned the Holiday Special. :lol

But anyway -- they gave him the coloring and the correct weapon, why not go all the way. Sideshow made a McQuarrie version and it was accurate, why shouldn't this be? Seems pointless to have a Fett that is simply 'colored' like the HS.

The SWHS is like aged Velveeta - most of it's boring and at times it's creepy, but a good third of it is an immersive 70's TV cultural experience (like watching the cast of the Love Boat competing with the cast of Dukes of Hazard in Battle of the Network Stars) along with fascination in watching the entire A-cast of Star Wars including HF on silly TV sets. It's as kitsch as vintage TV gets.

Exactly. Which is why I mentioned Han Solo's goofy face which looks nothing like Harrison Ford. Or C-3PO's simplistic design which was obviously the animators' shorthand for his live-action look. This new Fett appears to have updated colors, a new blaster holster, cattle prod, and torn cape. I think that expecting anything more demands a level of **** retentiveness that is just too unrealistic.

The SWHS is like aged Velveeta - most of it's boring and at times it's creepy, but a good third of it is an immersive 70's TV cultural experience (like watching the cast of the Love Boat competing with the cast of Dukes of Hazard in Battle of the Network Stars) along with fascination in watching the entire A-cast of Star Wars including HF on silly TV sets. It's as kitsch as vintage TV gets.

Agreed. I even consider it "canon" and love that LFL is apparently allowing official merchandise that is based on it.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Then why make it at all other than to squeeze some cash out of the ROTJ Fett moulds? This makes me worry that their eventual ESB Fett will use the same helmet, and it certainly has to mean that it'll take longer to get produced. What is the market for this - completists and Fett collectors? The Holiday Special is a fun in-joke among fans - because outside of the community it's not widely known - but spending that amount of money on a joke figure isn't for everyone.

Back