Hot Toys Holiday Special Boba Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks really cool. Really nice execution of the character.
Won’t be buying thou. Too expensive to buying a whim and struggling cor space.
But does look really nice.

Hopefully they will do jango at some point.

I would honestly pick this up if I had room for it but with everything else that’s ordered I don’t have the space. I do love the colors and would be happy to display it.

Exactly the same reason with me as I'm starting to struggle for space and couldn't do this justice. I've always liked the animated Boba too but the way prices are going too its hard to justify this one unfortunately.

if we build a wall maybe we can keep worgar out, always coming around trying to poison us and rape people.

First time i'm very undecided...

At a certain point HT will also produce the white version.

And still no Death Star Trooper in sight ... WTFH !!!

Well, count me as excited. For me, it will be the only Hot Toys Boba Fett figure I will own.

Shocking... I know. But the figure reminds me of the time before he was introduced on the screen in Empire, when I was REALLY stoked for this character. I really enjoyed his appearance in the Holiday Special. Being one of the few households with a video recorder, my father taped the show and I (skipping through the Harvey Korman and Bea Arthur parts) watched the cartoon short over and over again. I had both the small non-firing Boba Fett and the 12" figures imagining his part to play in the new Star Wars film.

So Boba Fett became my first taste of disappointment when it came to the Star Wars universe.

First time i'm very undecided...

At a certain point HT will also produce the white version.

And still no Death Star Trooper in sight ... WTFH !!!
I'll definitely get the white one, probably his best look behind ESB.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I think it's a cool, quirky release for the hardcore Fett fans, and it's nice to see something a little off-kilter and niche made once in a while, but it's just not for me.

I might be tempted by the white armour version, if they ever get to it, though...

I think Ahsoka Tano is very popular, I would be shocked if a figure is not released of her. Until then I will have to settle with the Forces of Destiny doll unless I decide to tackle a custom.

Doesn't seem to be much interest. This probably dooms anything like a HT Ahsoka Tano coming out in the future, as if it ever had a chance to begin with.

I don't see what Ahsoka has to do with this at all. It's not like it was a new mold. It's just a repaint, they wouldn't have released this if it needed a whole new mold. Cheap and easy to do.

Saw this parted out on eBay. Doesn’t look like they changed the helmet shape at all from the ROTJ version. That makes it an easy pass for me, unfortunately.

0391f47a1659e4464a9829f9bcc8af92.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I ordered mine through Alter Ego using my reward points there. However I have a much longer wait for him. I still haven't received any shipping info on my Anakin I ordered through them either so...

I ordered mine through Alter Ego using my reward points there. However I have a much longer wait for him. I still haven't received any shipping info on my Anakin I ordered through them either so...

I've been using Aler Ego a lot lately, and also have this pre-ordered with them. They had free shipping for it the last time I checked.

I don't currently own any Boba Fett anythings, and I'm still on the fence about getting the ESB one. The fact that this one is so...esoteric, is what prompted me to go for it. I was there back in the day for the Holiday Special, and the character left a big anticipatory impression then. When people say they don't get why people are hung up on a character that was only in the movies for minutes and didn't really do much- in my case they aren't taking into account a year and a half of my imagination running wild over what he would do in ESB when we finally saw him in "real life". Anticipation, especially when you are a kid, is a helluva drug.

So yeah, this version holds a lot of appeal to me.

Back