Hot Toys Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3: Star- Lord

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, the fact that all Drax, Mantis and Nebula require is throwing the new suit on figures they've already made (or with Mantis are in the process of making) make their releases more likely. That said I'd love to see a battle damaged Nebula with her arm cannon upgrade. A Nebula Deluxe with swap out head sculpts, arms and costumes would be ideal but no way HT comes through with that lol.

View attachment 640113
So this was totally Rocket's movie and he was the star. Peter got some good story as well. For me though, Karen Gillan was the acting mvp. She really brought a lot of emotion through with, quite frankly, not a lot to work with script wise. Plus she was a total badass. I'm getting standard Groot, but if there is a deluxe Nebula with arm cannon or whatever, I'm in.

So this was totally Rocket's movie and he was the star. Peter got some good story as well. For me though, Karen Gillan was the acting mvp. She really brought a lot of emotion through with, quite frankly, not a lot to work with script wise. Plus she was a total badass. I'm getting standard Groot, but if there is a deluxe Nebula with arm cannon or whatever, I'm in.
Yeah, I thought KG was a standout in this movie. As for her figure, at least HT seems to have captured her arm's redesign, but I doubt they'll do more than that.

Screenshot 2023-05-18 at 11-36-01 Guardians of the Galaxy 3 Reveals Major Upgrade for Nebula (...png

448645-344405881-760540108847277-5058148799373358540-n.jpg

448598-FB-IMG-1684391239829.jpg

the problem is that we need a neck piece compatible with the helmet headsculpt

Doesn't the helmet have the exact same ball joint that the headsculpts do? I thought all necks on these figures had the same standard size? Could've sworn it was that simple to swap out the headsculpt and helmet when I owned the first SL version:dunno

I wasn’t sure if I needed the team in the Vol. 3 suits, but the way these are turning out I might have to go for all of them if HT completes this team.
The head sculpt on this looks pretty much bang on, so that solidifies me getting Star-Lord at the least.

Doesn't the helmet have the exact same ball joint that the headsculpts do? I thought all necks on these figures had the same standard size? Could've sworn it was that simple to swap out the headsculpt and helmet when I owned the first SL version:dunno
This new one has the head and neck in a single sculpt, so probably a neck adapter piece would work but we won't really know until it's out.

Once I saw the movie and knew there'd be no helmet sculpt, went right to eBay and bough an Endgame helmet head. Will need a neck too or just find a body from the other releases, but it'll be nice to have a comic somewhat accurate Star Lord that's still kinda movie accurate too.
Time to find a helmet and just make mine a custom.

View attachment 640112

Can't see Hot Toys turning down the opportunity for change-out lower arms for Nebula. That's got to be a new sculpt on her as well since the head and neck are all one piece.
I agree, but without the battle damaged on the outfit it would be a half measure on HT's part. If they're going that far I say go all in!

Good catch on the head/neck; hopefully the expression will be different than the previous version.

This looks dang good. Never would've thought I'd have 2 Star-Lords, but the contrast between this and the helmeted jacketed IW version is major enough, and even if they don't complete the team, having him paired just with Groot could be nice as a scene-specific display.

I agree, but without the battle damaged on the outfit it would be a half measure on HT's part. If they're going that far I say go all in!

Good catch on the head/neck; hopefully the expression will be different than the previous version.
What I'd really love is two sculpts for Nebula so we can have one with a screaming/attack expression, especially since movable eyes seems like it'd be lost on her.

tumblr_3bbaba0998b2f86b2ca291f6dc93e22d_bfc86a58_540.gif

Almost no accessories at all. 2 guns, a Zune player and some hands. But because the sculpt has rolling eyes it will be like $285 :rolleyes2
He’s also got the blaster effects

Not that that really makes much difference
I must be the only one that is not impressed with this new sculpt. I think the eyes are way too squinty and the hair, while an incredible sculpt, may be adding to what is throwing the sculpt off for me.
No you are not. The second I zoomed in I thought this looks nothing like Chris Pratt.

Yeah, the hair bothers me too. It could be the camera angle but the way they did the part makes his head look elongated in a lot of those shots, as it appears to ramp up toward the back rather than hug what should be the natural contour of his skull.
Hard to pinpoint but agree there is something off about the eyes and the hair. Jyn Erso is an example where the poor hair sculpt degrades the quality of a fine face sculpt.

They struggle a bit with the more unkempt mop top hair, like the race track Stark. Always errs on the side of too big and noodley

Back