1/6 Hot Toys - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back: Lando Calrissian (Bespin version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was excited about a Lando figure, but I really do not like the face. It is recognizable as Billy Dee, but something is off. It might be his expression, I dunno. I think I will pass and wait for a HT RotJ Skiff Lando.

That'll be a good 4-6 year wait :lol

I can't believe this version is cheaper than the SS version...

Agreed, but to be fair, the skiff outfit is far more complex and has a helmet and large unique weapon.

ESB Lando is really just a shirt, cape, pants plus a basic belt and shoes.

Agreed, but to be fair, the skiff outfit is far more complex and has a helmet and large unique weapon.

ESB Lando is really just a shirt, cape, pants plus a basic belt and shoes.

Ss figures are always jacked up despite being inferior, especially in terms of sculpt. Sideshow luke Snow speeder was something like $275 when all other figures were around $220ish.

Ss figures are always jacked up despite being inferior, especially in terms of sculpt. Sideshow luke Snow speeder was something like $275 when all other figures were around $220ish.

Yeah its the human faces that really hurt the feeling of good value of Sideshow figures.

They have been almost uniformly overpriced for at least 5 years, probably more like 7 years. And they went from overpriced to insultingly overpriced with the Red 5 Luke - that was $240 at time when figs were still in that $170-210 range.

Even figures that they did a great job with like Luke Snowspeeder, Red 5 Luke and Dengar were hurt by lackluster face paint apps, at least apps that don't measure up to a $240-270 pricepoint.

Ultimately, it was Sideshow's inability to keep up with the market state of the art in terms of human face sculpt and paint quality that killed their 1/6 SW line. Keep delivering mediocre faces while charging the same or more than HT will make people grumble "eh, I'll wait for HT" a few too many times.

Yet bootleg companies like Supermad can manage 75-85% Hot Toys quality paint apps somehow.

Good news but sad we?re still waiting for Bespin Han (when he was originally supposed to be HT?s second or third SW release).

Was this speculation or something from Howard after Bespin Luke? Always heard that Anakin was supposed to be 2nd back then.

Surprised to see people silly enough to think this figure in any way signals a Lando from Solo. If HT keeps making SW long enough to make scouts, ROTJ Vader, and ROTJ Han they might make ROTJ Lando with this sculpt...

But at the moment I am mostly concerned about HT fixing the hideous inner gold lining of this cape.

I kind of hope that Hot Toys doesn’t necessarily wait three years for the 40th Anniversary of Return of the Jedi and gives us what we’re missing beforehand. I mean it’s to the point where it’s really just some gaps to fill.

Basically we need ROTJ Vader with Anakin reveal sculpt, Han in the Endor trench jacket, Lando’s General outfit look, a Scout Trooper, and possibly a new Chewbacca. Anything else is really extra to me. Those are the ones I really want. Leia in the Boushh disguise would be great as would Lando in the Skiff disguise. I don’t care much about Slave Leia, and I don’t see Hot Toys doing Jabba.

I don't see any reason that Hot Toys would make a Skiff Guard version. Sideshow already has one coming, they'd be going for a slim amount of people who want a skiff guard, but aren't willing to pay another $40 to have a Sideshow version. I can definitely see them making a general version. I personally absolutely love the planning scene in RotJ when everyone's wearing their general gear, has a really great look.

Plus they can simply re-use this headsculpt for a general version, this little smile wouldn't really work with a skiff guard version.

Yet bootleg companies like Supermad can manage 75-85% Hot Toys quality paint apps somehow.

Was this speculation or something from Howard after Bespin Luke? Always heard that Anakin was supposed to be 2nd back then.

Yeah companies like DID have been doing near-Ht apps for years. It is one of the greatest mysteries about Sideshow - why they never figured out how to deliver HT-quality heads when pretty much every one else out there could do it.

And yeah, think of that bootleg "Space Trucker" (ESB/ROTJ Han) head - some knockoff of a custom sculpt that had paint apps way better than pretty much anything SSC produced.

I don't see any reason that Hot Toys would make a Skiff Guard version. Sideshow already has one coming, they'd be going for a slim amount of people who want a skiff guard, but aren't willing to pay another $40 to have a Sideshow version. I can definitely see them making a general version. I personally absolutely love the planning scene in RotJ when everyone's wearing their general gear, has a really great look.

Plus they can simply re-use this headsculpt for a general version, this little smile wouldn't really work with a skiff guard version.

I like the briefing scene too but it 100% belongs to Ackbar and his sidekicks Mothma and Madine - even Leia barely says anything "leader-ly" and Lando doesn't really do or say much of anything.

A kind of strange choice when you compare it to the RO briefing scene where Jyn gives her little speech, relegating the rebel leader extras to their proper place.:lol

The only warmer nostalgia vibe I get from Lando's general outfit (beyond the Kenner fig) is his farewell scene with Han and the Falcon, but that's visually undermined because it takes place in front of a blown-up painting. The general outfit is barely visible in most of the space battle - partly the reason I'm always surprised his pants are powder blue.:lol

And in terms of the Lando head smirk, they will do an insert to the lower part of the mold like they did with smirking ANH Han and toothy ROTJ Luke heads. Given how this Lando smirk is a little odd, that might actually be the Lando head to get.

I'm one of those slim amount of people, never paying HT prices for a SS figure, not again. The quality (sculpt, paint, body, etc.) just isn't there for the price that they are asking for their figures.

Now lando. They can only squeeze 3 figures out of this so eventually we will have all 3. It might take 10 years, considering how long this took.
I am just happy to have lando. He was the one I feared may not happen.
Now, about that ot gold droid....

Though he only had 3 main looks throughout the franchise he actually had 4 outfits. Brief as it was, he did have the smuggler outfit where he was dressed similar to Han at the end of Empire piloting the Falcon. I?m not sure very many would actually want it but considering Hot Toys thirst for milking any one character, (cough) iron man (cough),I wouldn?t put it past them to make it since it?s now just a simple outfit swap.
b8f652eb94574292d00a7e6a226c397e.jpg

6fd00069f79c51bf4a1c130a140bbe81.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe the eventual skiff or general lando will have a sideways glance, similar to luke dx, just to infuriate me.
I am happy we have one bespin lando. I ordered the ss skiff also (helmet on) and anything else will be gravy. No guarantees with hot toys Star Wars anymore. I thought rotj Vader and rots sidious would have been up by now too.

Though he only had 3 main looks throughout the franchise he actually had 4 outfits. Brief as it was, he did have the smuggler outfit where he was dressed similar to Han at the end of Empire piloting the Falcon. I?m not sure very many would actually want it but considering Hot Toys thirst for milking any one character, (cough) iron man (cough),I wouldn?t put it past them to make it since it?s now just a simple outfit swap.
b8f652eb94574292d00a7e6a226c397e.jpg

6fd00069f79c51bf4a1c130a140bbe81.jpg

Oh yeah, I always forget about that look (for understandable reasons). I have no doubt that someone will put together a custom of it using the Han outfit, since it would be such an easy one to do.

Re: Hot Toys - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back: Lando Calrissian Collectible Figur

$250 seems kinda high for what you get. I thought for sure it wouldn?t be any more than $230

The 300 dollar bare bones HT is coming next year

Back