1/6 Hot Toys - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back: Lando Calrissian (Bespin version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back: Lando Calrissian Collectible Figur

There should've been an exclusive with a 1/6 40 of Colt 45.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Re: Hot Toys - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back: Lando Calrissian Collectible Figur

Ordered.
Now..Bespin Solo,Chewie with 3PO and the Kenner versions of the Bespin Guards as a 2pk.
Thanks Hot toys!!😇

Given this releases in 2022, the year before the 2023 40th Anniversary for ROTJ, I wonder if this headsculpt means there will be a HT Lando Skiff Guard announced in the next year or so.

It just seems that once HT locks in a hero headsculpt, they use it for a clustered string of releases. We've had a run of Lukes and Leias that span ESB and ROTJ all using the same headsculpt (sometimes with new hairpieces,) so you'd assume the same might happen with this Lando head. Maybe a new windswept hairpiece for Lando's no-helmet look might be added like with HT ROTJ Luke barge look.

I do think the Lando General might also be a small possibility due to all the screen time in that outfit in the Falcon cockpit for the DSII battle, but he does much more in the Skiff outfit - it's really "the" iconic Lando outfit for ROTJ.

With this first figure being so hugely popular, I'd say there's a good chance now we'll see at least one more Lando. My guess would be the General outfit though, since they already made one for Endor Leia, and the Skiff outfit kinda has more of a "background alien" vibe that HT may not be as interested in. But it's always hard to predict with them.

If they were smart they'd go the general route and not compete directly with SS on the skiff version, depends how their relationship is going I guess.

Plus, the ss skiff lando should ship around 2026 so they don?t want to conflict. General lando it is.
I wonder if ht knew how popular this would be?

Added the Bespin description to the title to differentiate it with SS's Skiff Guard version, and potentially with other variants of Lando from Hot Toys in the.... unforeseeable future :).

From Justin's video:

ecyNVEL.jpg

If they were smart they'd go the general route and not compete directly with SS on the skiff version, depends how their relationship is going I guess.

...like they did with Luke Jedi DX.:lol The HT and SSC versions were basically selling side by side.

I always thought that "working together" thing was a bit of a myth even in the early days but in the past few years I discounted it entirely.

I could see Lando either being a one off character or if we get another it probably will be the General look from ROTJ. Not sure if I really see Hot Toys doing their own version of the Skiff Guard outfit. However if they do a Skiff version I hope that also means we’ll get Leia in the Boushh disguise.

From Justin's video:

ecyNVEL.jpg

...like they did with Luke Jedi DX.:lol The HT and SSC versions were basically selling side by side.

I always thought that "working together" thing was a bit of a myth even in the early days but in the past few years I discounted it entirely.

They never seemed to outright compete with a brand new figure until that ROTJ Luke, and I don't recall either teasing it much beforehand.

It also got confusing when SS kept re-releasing the same figure over and over too (Boba, Vader, R2) to the point that it almost became moot since HT started releasing versions of those as well, though from other films at first. The disappeared HT Snowtrooper commander does make it seem like there was something to the whole theory, for a while anyhow.

I could see Lando either being a one off character or if we get another it probably will be the General look from ROTJ. Not sure if I really see Hot Toys doing their own version of the Skiff Guard outfit. However if they do a Skiff version I hope that also means we’ll get Leia in the Boushh disguise.

Yeah that's kinda what I was thinking - just because the 40th of ROTJ is right after when this Lando ships.

So you'd have some kind of reissue of Luke Jedi (maybe w/ savage DSII battle face) and Han Trenchcoat, plus a Leia Boussh (and/or slave, if it's not "banned") and Lando Skiff to cover the Tatooine end of ROTJ.

Chewy also has a pretty distinct facial look in ROTJ, maybe the most distinctive of the OT, so I could see him maybe bundled w/ a second Ewok.

The General Lando look would be cool from HT because it's all about crisp/clean tailoring, but I just don't see it as iconic enough for HT to do. He's in the skiff outfit for more action and fighting so it stands out more and the General look is kinda dull/monochromatic.

The General Lando look would be cool from HT because it's all about crisp/clean tailoring, but I just don't see it as iconic enough for HT to do. He's in the skiff outfit for more action and fighting so it stands out more and the General look is kinda dull/monochromatic.

I used to find his General outfit pretty dull and forgettable as well, but HT made it look so damn cool on Endor Leia that I'm betting their General Lando would look really impressive as well.

It seems like an easy outfit to make. If they can reuse the sculpt and bang us for another $240 they will do it. Nothing is off the table as far as reused sculpts are concerned. It seems like their new business approach.
Clone wars anakin and obi
Luke snow speeder
Leia
Now lando. They can only squeeze 3 figures out of this so eventually we will have all 3. It might take 10 years, considering how long this took.
I am just happy to have lando. He was the one I feared may not happen.
Now, about that ot gold droid....

I used to find his General outfit pretty dull and forgettable as well, but HT made it look so damn cool on Endor Leia that I'm betting their General Lando would look really impressive as well.

But Leia's outfit has the cool helmet and kinda-cool poncho (hers is most colorful of the hero camo) that elevates it and she does a LOT of fighting in that outfit. Lando really doesn't do much in his General outfit other than react to stuff outside the Falcon window.

All I'm saying is that if it's a choice between a cool armor/helmet outfit Lando fights in - in cool locales like Barge/Palace - vs a kinda dull outfit where he waves to Han then sits in a cockpit in semi-darkness (with outfit barely visible,) it's pretty clear which one is more iconic and which HT would go with to re-use this head.

I haven’t purchased any HT in 2020. No releases have me wanting to pull almost $400 CANADIAN out of my wallet. I would however be interested in Skiff Lando and Boushh Leia.

I was excited about a Lando figure, but I really do not like the face. It is recognizable as Billy Dee, but something is off. It might be his expression, I dunno. I think I will pass and wait for a HT RotJ Skiff Lando.

Back