1/6 Hot Toys - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back: Lando Calrissian (Bespin version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back: Lando Calrissian Collectible Figur

Please let's not start that discussion here again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Hot Toys - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back: Lando Calrissian Collectible Figur

I was thinking I wonder if the scene from the Mando trailer with the X-Wings is infact cloud City. That's why Hot Toys decided to release Lando now ?

For my part, that Lando release kind of eased my concern about a future release of Bespin Han. We never ever got a single hint at a Lando being developed. We didn't even get to see a prototype at aby show and yet he's getting a PO. Han in his Bespin outfit is too iconic for HT to skip. It is just a matter of time before he turns up. He'll even likely get a PO before we even see the prototype.

We'll definitely get a Bespin Han.

And I do like it when Hot Toys remembers when they were cool and just drop bombs outta nowhere. ;)

We'll definitely get a Bespin Han.

And I do like it when Hot Toys remembers when they were cool and just drop bombs outta nowhere. ;)

Totally. How could you do a special 40th ESB line and not do one Han Solo ?

Think how much he is in that movie.

To believe they won't do a Han Solo is ridiculous.

Even more ridiculous... make a 40th Anniversary Lando, but don't release him until the 42nd Anniversary. :impatient:

Hot Toys - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back: Lando Calrissian Collectible Figure

Yeah ok. But you can say that for every figure they do.

Figure shown when the event happens. Movie release or whatever.

Then the wait begins.

Just happy were getting Lando.

For my part, that Lando release kind of eased my concern about a future release of Bespin Han. We never ever got a single hint at a Lando being developed. We didn't even get to see a prototype at aby show and yet he's getting a PO. Han in his Bespin outfit is too iconic for HT to skip. It is just a matter of time before he turns up. He'll even likely get a PO before we even see the prototype.

I think I actually prefer these surprise releases like lando, tarkin, and krennic. Once a figure is shown, we agonize on whether it will actually be made.
Also, it looks great in that secret base pic. So much better than the released images. I am sure it will be great.

There's a lot to be said for surprises in this day and age of internet leaks made easy by mobile phone cameras etc.

Baby Yoda in the Mando was another good example.

So yes maybe Hot Toys is holding a few back.

Even better if they've finally got the message that showing figures at cons and then not making them is very uncool !

If I had a dollar for every time someone said a figure is guaranteed, and two dollar when they included a timeframe for that guarantee...

...well, I'd have a hell of a lot more figures along with the luxury home to display them in.

If I had a dollar for every time someone said a figure is guaranteed, and two dollar when they included a timeframe for that guarantee...

...well, I'd have a hell of a lot more figures along with the luxury home to display them in.

Justifiable for some characters, but not Han Solo. I have no time frame because Hot Toys does what they want when they want, but I am dead certain Bespin Han will happen.

Only question is how. A DX with Hoth gear, a 2-Pack with Chewbacca, or a Carbon Freeze 2-Pack? The first is unlikely because they can easily make 2 different figures to milk it. There's precedent for a Han and Chewie 2-Pack, but with the carbonite slab in the mix, Chewie may almost have a better chance of getting released separately with a Threepio backpack...

It?s Han Solo, of course they?ll make him. They?ll probably have him up for pre-order by the end of the year to make sure he can go in the 40th anniversary packaging. The same goes for Bespin Luke. I fully believe those two are being held back to be the icing on the cake of the 40th anniversary line. It?s not as if Hot Toys is shy about making Hans, they?ve made 5 versions already.

There's a lot to be said for surprises in this day and age of internet leaks made easy by mobile phone cameras etc.

Baby Yoda in the Mando was another good example.

So yes maybe Hot Toys is holding a few back.

Even better if they've finally got the message that showing figures at cons and then not making them is very uncool !

Sometimes at night, I will get emotional and tear up. My wife will ask what is wrong. I will say nothing,but really, I?m remembering the loss of the beloved Death Star trooper.

Sometimes at night, I will get emotional and tear up. My wife will ask what is wrong. I will say nothing,but really, I?m remembering the loss of the beloved Death Star trooper.

Haha who knows maybe he'll be a surprise one day.

DST is one I wouldn't mind. But definitely not at the top of my list. What's the attraction for you ?

I actually don't like the 40th anniversary packaging lol.

All of the SW boxes are really boring. If I had to pick best art it'd be the Ant-Man/Ant-Man & Wasp graphics. So sharp. But boxes stay in the closet anyway.

Hot Toys - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back: Lando Calrissian Collectible Figure

It?s Han Solo, of course they?ll make him. They?ll probably have him up for pre-order by the end of the year to make sure he can go in the 40th anniversary packaging. The same goes for Bespin Luke. I fully believe those two are being held back to be the icing on the cake of the 40th anniversary line. It?s not as if Hot Toys is shy about making Hans, they?ve made 5 versions already.

Yep. To be honest I'm fine with them to continue with the 40th line into next year. So many Big 3 costume changes which is what they seem to stick to. And of course some side characters.

Maybe they'll move on to 40th ROTJ next ?

All of the SW boxes are really boring. If I had to pick best art it'd be the Ant-Man/Ant-Man & Wasp graphics. So sharp. But boxes stay in the closet anyway.

Deluxe Jyn Erso and Chirrut were amazing.

I don't mind these boxes for the 40th. There is certainly a bit of nostalgia there.

Amazing to think we're getting these characters in such high quality after the Kenner ones as kids.

Certainly big boys toys !

Haha who knows maybe he'll be a surprise one day.

DST is one I wouldn't mind. But definitely not at the top of my list. What's the attraction for you ?

I love the imperial troops. He would look great with the other troopers mixed in.!!
They were also one of the original 12 Kenner figures, so there is that mystique.
I also thought the detention block console base they were shown with looked great. I would have repurposed it for han stormtrooper.
Reactor leak, very dangerous.
Plus, how can you have stormtroopers, the imp gunner, space trooper, sand trooper, but not troopers who had scenes in all 3 movies?
I would buy 3, probably 4. I need therapy.

Deluxe Jyn Erso and Chirrut were amazing.

I don't mind these boxes for the 40th. There is certainly a bit of nostalgia there.

Amazing to think we're getting these characters in such high quality after the Kenner ones as kids.

Certainly big boys toys !

Very true. I forgot about Jyn and Chirrut -- never picked them up.

Back