1/6 Hot Toys - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back: Lando Calrissian (Bespin version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back: Lando Calrissian Collectible Figur

Glad I didn’t bother with Sideshow’s Skiff Guard Lando. I like the outfit, but it’s overpriced and a Sideshow figure so you know it’s a gamble. Plus the Bespin look is just more iconic. I’d consider the General outfit too if it were made, but if this is the only Hot Toys Lando then so be it. The sculpt looks pretty good to me.

Yeah it likely would have been too high for me too. Because SSC delayed the PO so much I thought it wouldn't come out so I made a custom Lando Skiff, but then they put it up for PO like well over a year later.:gah: My custom Lando is close enough in quality to the SSC fig, but I might have been tempted despite that high price because I do love the outfit.

Lando General is a bit like Leia general - slightly boring outfit - but I would likely cave just like I did on the Leia General.:lol

Totally agree. Same with SS Rogue Squadron Luke. But in fairness, so many HT come with second heads I will never touch so the quality is kinda a moot point in those cases (unless you want to sell it, but I don't do that).

Which HT releases came with second heads? You mean SW or other lines more generally? I can only think of Yoda and I guess Bespin Luke in terms of HT SW figs that had second heads (but that Luke was two actual figures.) In terms of SW 1/6 I really associate second heads with Sideshow.

The fact the did not tease Bespin Han again is concerning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:exactly:

I would say more than concerning - seems so obvious to tease it next to the Lando. The omission is really glaring.

And my guess is that Leia next to Lando is just a Bespin head popped on a no-vest Leia Hoth, even though it would be a super-easy kit-bash re-release..

Re: Hot Toys - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back: Lando Calrissian Collectible Figur

giddyup!........:yess:

Which HT releases came with second heads? You mean SW or other lines more generally? I can only think of Yoda and I guess Bespin Luke in terms of HT SW figs that had second heads (but that Luke was two actual figures.) In terms of SW 1/6 I really associate second heads with Sideshow.

Maul and ROTJ Deluxe Luke are other examples.

Maul and ROTJ Deluxe Luke are other examples.

Oh, okay - not many though. And all those Sideshow releases with the second head weren't deluxe (other than the ROTJ Luke) just regular releases.

There are only really two non-Deluxe HT SW releases that came with a second head - Yoda and Maul. Interestingly, neither were regular human heads.

Hot Toys - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back: Lando Calrissian Collectible Figure

Maul was a DX though, a deluxe by another name. But yeah, not a regular thing. I'm guessing those are the only others, but I've been known to be wrong from time to time.

The fact the did not tease Bespin Han again is concerning.

I agree, but I truly believe bespin han will be either a dx release or a 2 pack with Chewbacca. For some reason I think that is the holdup. My guess is around December. They will have run through a few mandalorian preorders by then and will need an ot release. I am really pumped about lando but the sculpts for lando and snow speeder luke are a bit off. Not the usual hot toys quality. I am not complaining because I am so happy about both figures. Hopefully Han will be amazing and be of dooku quality. This was the perfect opportunity to tease him, so he can?t be imminent. Oh well, lando was a total shock so I am satisfied for today.

119675894_3308000012601917_3377928497525842008_o.jpg

He looks great there ^^^^^

On the lack of Bespin Han....I still have to wonder if Howard saw this video of Ford breaking an HT Han figure and was really put off by it? It was just a joke, but still...

We haven't seen any tease since the cover card photo on the Bespin Gown Leia...since then, nothing. And wouldn't Lando have been the perfect opportunity to show off a little tease of the Han figure if it were indeed still set to PO at some point? Who the heck knows...still glad to have two Landos (this new HT and the SSC Skiff one-yes I like the look of that figure) set to join the collection. Would love a Glover version someday too, HT...

Re: Hot Toys - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back: Lando Calrissian

Yeah cosplayers muddied the waters and got HT mixed up and this is what we ended up with.:gah::lol

This is the old Sideshow DH-17 - which is quite accurate - and the HT blaster (that HT seems to be now releasing over and over.) It's just a total fail in terms of accuracy and even size.

50357572667_68beddbd20_o.png

While it's a slight variation on the ones seen on Rebel troopers (scope rail/mount varaitions,) this type of blaster is probably best associated with Lando because of all the promo pics...

Holy crap that's horrible. Thank God he also comes with a ST blaster. In fact I think I might be inclined to display him with no cape and ST blaster in hand. Obviously his smirk wouldn't match "Leia! Go!" but it's a cool look nonetheless.

Pumped!

But yeah, there's something about the jaw that doesn't work for me.

Oh, okay - not many though. And all those Sideshow releases with the second head weren't deluxe (other than the ROTJ Luke) just regular releases.

There are only really two non-Deluxe HT SW releases that came with a second head - Yoda and Maul. Interestingly, neither were regular human heads.

You're focusing on the wrong point. The point is they sit in the box and do nothing so pointing out the second Lando head in the SS is crap is pointless because it's just box filler (for a vast majority).

On the lack of Bespin Han....I still have to wonder if Howard saw this video of Ford breaking an HT Han figure and was really put off by it? It was just a joke, but still...

We haven't seen any tease since the cover card photo on the Bespin Gown Leia...since then, nothing. And wouldn't Lando have been the perfect opportunity to show off a little tease of the Han figure if it were indeed still set to PO at some point? Who the heck knows...still glad to have two Landos (this new HT and the SSC Skiff one-yes I like the look of that figure) set to join the collection. Would love a Glover version someday too, HT...

HT rarely completes any line. So i would not be surprised at all if Han never happens.

You're focusing on the wrong point. The point is they sit in the box and do nothing so pointing out the second Lando head in the SS is crap is pointless because it's just box filler (for a vast majority).

Sideshow failed in those heads so they were kinda junk, but why on earth would you leave a stunningly finished HT Han, Luke, Leia or Lando head just sitting in a box?:dunno

Wouldn't you go on TA or eBay and pull together a generic body and a parted out outfit to create another figure? Maybe I'm just crazy.:lol

And HT Leia heads ran from $80-130 on the Hoth, Bespin and Endor versions - couldn't you sell it and recoup half (or more) of the price, even if you eventually sold it as missing the second head?

It's this idea of these incredible, and incredibly expensive, things as "box filler for the majority" that's just weird-crazy talk to me.:rotfl

Pumped!

But yeah, there's something about the jaw that doesn't work for me.

Yeah I kind of hate the fact that HT 100% nails the secondary SW people like Tarkin and Krennic but kinda misses on Han and Lando.:gah::lol

Hot Toys - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back: Lando Calrissian Collectible Figure

HT rarely completes any line. So i would not be surprised at all if Han never happens.

So many people said exactly that regarding Lando but yet here we are.

Of course HT will do Bespin Han. It's just a matter of time. OT is lower priority timewise now.

So it's the long game. Just need to be patient.

Sideshow failed in those heads so they were kinda junk, but why on earth would you leave a stunningly finished HT Han, Luke, Leia or Lando head just sitting in a box?:dunno

Wouldn't you go on TA or eBay and pull together a generic body and a parted out outfit to create another figure? Maybe I'm just crazy.:lol

And HT Leia heads ran from $80-130 on the Hoth, Bespin and Endor versions - couldn't you sell it and recoup half (or more) of the price, even if you eventually sold it as missing the second head?

It's this idea of these incredible, and incredibly expensive, things as "box filler for the majority" that's just weird-crazy talk to me.:rotfl

You haven't realised your not normal yet? :lol

You haven't realised your not normal yet? :lol

With the vast amount of extreme crazy that's out there these days, being "not normal" is a compliment.:lecture

And if that's the category you're placed in for having 100 1/6 SW figs, I'm more than fine with that.:dunno:lol

Are we still talking about this video? :lol I doubt Ford knew what it even was and how much it was worth, and I highly doubt it was a personal attack against anyone. We've had other Han figures since then.

Back