1/6 Hot Toys - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back: Lando Calrissian (Bespin version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back: Lando Calrissian Collectible Figur

Who knows what SSC/HT is charging BBTS for the figures? Could have something to do with the price jump...not really anything funny there.

Ordered with pleasure! Interesting preview gallery...appearances from Leia, Fett, Vader and...no Han in sight!
Ah well...old smoothie looks great! Nice portrait...here's hoping it makes it through production with close to that quality.

As for the attachable Cloud City backdrop for the stand, I wish HT would have added a variation of the wall piece that accompanied Bespin Gown Leia. That would have made a nice display, considering Han seems nowhere on the near horizon.

Re: Hot Toys - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back: Lando Calrissian Collectible Figur

Solo Lando is one of those figures you could see being randomly dropped by Hot Toys some day, a bit like Krennic and Solo Maul. I pray the same thing happens for Baze.

Perhaps, but I think it's more likely we'll only see a figure made if that rumored Lando TV series ends up happening.

Alter Ego is charging $235 before shipping. Often they ship free but not in this case. I think with BBTS they’re still wanting to tout their $4.99 shipping as a perk, but are increasing item prices to compensate.

Alter Ego is charging $235 before shipping. Often they ship free but not in this case. I think with BBTS they’re still wanting to tour their $4.99 shipping as a perk, but are increasing item prices to compensate.

BINGO!

It’s up on Timewalker! $228

Will wait for coupon

As long as HT is dropping surprise figures, how about Avengers End Game Valkyrie on Pegasus, JL Cyborg, and a chrome Terminator Endo?

Re: Hot Toys - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back: Lando Calrissian

A solid effort but his face looks a bit Asian or Hispanic or something. Not really seeing much of Billy Dee.

Yeah this is SUPER exciting news and insta-buy for me, but I have to say I hope the sculpt gets a tweak.

The Sideshow head - while oversized, lacking in finer sculpt detail and somewhat lackluster paint - blows this one away in terms of likeness.

Oh, and I REALLY wish HT would ditch that woefully inaccurate blaster (that's now blighted Leia Hoth, Imperial Gunner and this fig) - HT based the sculpt off of a Hasbro Nerf gun that cosplayers use (and paint black, which HT must have seen on Google) and is not even close to accurate.

Anyone who thinks the sculpt is "off"....I remind you of Sideshow's upcomming skiff guard.....

View attachment 495511

Yeah this is very true - that new SSC sculpt really is pretty bad. Like talk about Lando's stunt double.:lol

I think I was spoiled by the old Sideshow sculpt in thinking that Lando was just one of those likenesses that was sort of easy to capture. After the new 6/10 Sideshow Lando Skiff and the maybe 8/10 of the new HT Lando I'm not so sure now.

Even with the limitations of scale and paint, in its own weird way I think the much smaller Hasbro 6" captured more the Lando face's "overall look" a bit better.

The-Black-Series-Lando-Calrissian-Skiff-Guard-Disguise%206__scaled_800.jpg

Re: Hot Toys - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back: Lando Calrissian

The scourge of fandom.

Yeah cosplayers muddied the waters and got HT mixed up and this is what we ended up with.:gah::lol

This is the old Sideshow DH-17 - which is quite accurate - and the HT blaster (that HT seems to be now releasing over and over.) It's just a total fail in terms of accuracy and even size.

50357572667_68beddbd20_o.png

While it's a slight variation on the ones seen on Rebel troopers (scope rail/mount varaitions,) this type of blaster is probably best associated with Lando because of all the promo pics...

lando-gun1.jpg

billy-dee-williams.jpg

Yeah this is very true - that new SSC sculpt really is pretty bad. Like talk about Lando's stunt double.:lol

Yeah but with the helmet on it looks great and honestly, why would you ever display that one any other way?

I'm on the fence on this one. I would love to display it as the scene were he's uncuffing Chewie, but need Escape Leia, Chewie and busted up 3PO and I just don't trust Hot Toys to deliver those.

Which Sideshow figure had the only correct ESB blaster? I wonder if I have it.

Yeah but with the helmet on it looks great and honestly, why would you ever display that one any other way?

I'm on the fence on this one. I would love to display it as the scene were he's uncuffing Chewie, but need Escape Leia, Chewie and busted up 3PO and I just don't trust Hot Toys to deliver those.

Yeah that's my thinking with the Sideshow figure. Although I might still pick up a second HT head anyway just to have the display option.

But the point is you're paying for a second head that's pretty much useless. It was a constant problem with Sideshow - figures that came with a second unhatted/unhelmeted head that had to stay in the box. Han Hoth, Luke Hoth, Luke Snowspeeder and the Lando Skiff all have second heads that are kinda junk. Some people like it, but I'd include the newer Luke Jedi in that list too with its simplistic Hasbro 4" fig level hair sculpt.

Which Sideshow figure had the only correct ESB blaster? I wonder if I have it.

That DH-17 came with Sideshow Lando, Antilles and Fleet Trooper. They didn't tweak it for Lando to make it ESB style as seen on many Hoth rebels (quite a number of Hoth Rebels actually used the DH-17 to fire at ATATs from the trenches:slap:lol) so they are all ANH style. The differences are pretty minor, and you can actually slide the scope along the rail of the SSC weapon to vary the look.

It is a pretty fragile weapon though - the trigger ring is often broken.

Yeah that's my thinking with the Sideshow figure. Although I might still pick up a second HT head anyway just to have the display option.

I don't think you'll be alone in that.:lol

Glad I didn’t bother with Sideshow’s Skiff Guard Lando. I like the outfit, but it’s overpriced and a Sideshow figure so you know it’s a gamble. Plus the Bespin look is just more iconic. I’d consider the General outfit too if it were made, but if this is the only Hot Toys Lando then so be it. The sculpt looks pretty good to me.

The Skiff Guard look has never been my favorite either, but the proto looked surprisingly cool and Sideshow usually does good work with their outfits, so I'm feeling optimistic. Plus it would be a unique looking figure to have in the SW collection.

But the point is you're paying for a second head that's pretty much useless. It was a constant problem with Sideshow - figures that came with a second unhatted/unhelmeted head that had to stay in the box. Han Hoth, Luke Hoth, Luke Snowspeeder and the Lando Skiff all have second heads that are kinda junk. Some people like it, but I'd include the newer Luke Jedi in that list too with its simplistic Hasbro 4" fig level hair sculpt.

Totally agree. Same with SS Rogue Squadron Luke. But in fairness, so many HT come with second heads I will never touch so the quality is kinda a moot point in those cases (unless you want to sell it, but I don't do that).

The Skiff Guard look has never been my favorite either, but the proto looked surprisingly cool and Sideshow usually does good work with their outfits, so I'm feeling optimistic. Plus it would be a unique looking figure to have in the SW collection.
I like the Skiff Guard outfit. It’s just the fact that it’s Sideshow that makes me second guess it. I just don’t trust a pre-order with them.

The fact the did not tease Bespin Han again is concerning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back