1/6 Hot Toys - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back: Lando Calrissian (Bespin version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Lando from TW had been stuck at Posting/Collection since Oct 15th! Thankfully it updated to Leaving Overseas today. I’m in the UK.

I've been waiting on my spidergwen to leave the hong kong processing center since the 18th as well, from TBA heading to the US....hopefully soon.

Zzzzzz
No movement.
Lucky I'm a patient person 😊
Screenshot_20211027-111650_Samsung Internet.jpg

Got Lando yesterday - I love the feel of the fig but I will admit to seeing a fleeting glimpse of the notorious "Slingblade smirk" upon first opening him up (damn you Wor-gar.) :lol

It's a gorgeous head but even in-hand I feel it's somewhat lacking in the BDW likeness department. That being said, the realism makes it a superb "Lando head" overall.

One curious thing - his "wrist device/watch" doesn't seem to happily coexist with the cuff and wrist joint, so I've left it off. It aslo seems like it sits under his wrist, not on top of it like a watch, so you end up with this extra black strap in addition to the sleeve trim, which looks odd. It almost seems in the movie he only wears it in the scenes where he uses it, but not sure on that.

And for those who have an extra Bespin Leia backdrop, just be aware there is no magnet on Lando's base, so the backdrop cannot magnetically attach the way it does for Leia.

I despise the HT blaster (so inaccurate yet so reissued) so the Sideshow blaster has been permanently included with him.

51632654834_ef732ab988_o.png

51632226553_a00f30b775_o.png

51632640164_ebc35b388e_o.png

I like the look of Billy Dee Williams with the HT version. The SSC version is the look you get after knocking back one too many Colt 45s. Nose looks a bit too wide on that sculpt in my opinion.

I haven't got mine yet, but that cape looks very awkward/hard to futz.

HT should've opted for magnets instead of using elastics?

Back