1/6 Hot Toys - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back: Lando Calrissian (Bespin version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kinda-smirk-but-not aside, they definitely got a lot right and it has that HT hyper-realism magic in the sculpt detail/paint but there's just something a bit un-BDW about it. Not old enough maybe, face not long enough, jawline not prominent enough, face too small in relation to the hair?

Hard to put your finger on it, because a lot of the elements are right there and hyper-realistically finished. Just the sum of those parts doesn't scream BDW. Still hope they tweaked it even just a bit, it needs... something.

sYXHgiQ.jpg

Yeah, you’re right on getting lots of elements of BDW in there but still slightly funky. For me it’s the smirk mainly. Still very excited to finally be getting this.

Since we are never getting bespin han, I may get a second lando to pilot my jazz cockpit. I have almost enough rewards for a free figure.

My tombstone should say here lies an idiot who bought multiples of certain hot toys figures but still wore the same clothes from 1999.
I would strongly encourage you to make a custom. Between GeeWhiz, Inigo Gil, some of the older medicom/SS pieces, and current HT accessories, I’d argue that a custom will be “better” than an official release. Annoying I know, but better to just do it now versus all of us talking about this 18 months from now 😂

Since we are never getting bespin han, I may get a second lando to pilot my jazz cockpit. I have almost enough rewards for a free figure.

My tombstone should say here lies an idiot who bought multiples of certain hot toys figures but still wore the same clothes from 1999.
I have spent more money on an outfit for a doll (Yunsil's Jake Gittes or Indiana Jones) than I have ever spent on a suit for myself. Sad, true story.

I would strongly encourage you to make a custom. Between GeeWhiz, Inigo Gil, some of the older medicom/SS pieces, and current HT accessories, I’d argue that a custom will be “better” than an official release. Annoying I know, but better to just do it now versus all of us talking about this 18 months from now 😂
Is there a custom Bespin Han? What do the GeeWhiz clothing sets normally run? I looked at their site last night, but I don’t really want to email a price inquiry only to find out it way more than I want to spend.

I have spent more money on an outfit for a doll (Yunsil's Jake Gittes or Indiana Jones) than I have ever spent on a suit for myself. Sad, true story.

Doll clothes are HORRIBLE you can easily spend $150 on a pair of doll shoes, its awful awful awful - its one reason I dont own that many clothes for the [non-HT] dolls I own now. This is a running joke on fashion doll boards, how someone just bought a $500 doll outfit and they personally are wearing tennis shoes with the tread separated from the rest of the shoe.

Collecting good times!

Is there a custom Bespin Han? What do the GeeWhiz clothing sets normally run? I looked at their site last night, but I don’t really want to email a price inquiry only to find out it way more than I want to spend.
I contacted GeeWhiz last week regarding the Bespin Han set. The price I was quoted was $260 for the jacket, shirt and pants. And $40 for shipping to the US. I’d might consider it, but the problem for me is you have to pay up front and then be put on a waiting list, and he’s 6 months out now. Maybe if we got enough people from the forums to be interested he could do a run for us sooner since it would be a larger order??

The running joke from many years ago was of how much people were paying for custom, screen accurate socks for Joker dolls. TheNamMagazine would bring that up constantly, as I remember LOL

I contacted GeeWhiz last week regarding the Bespin Han set. The price I was quoted was $260 for the jacket, shirt and pants. And $40 for shipping to the US. I’d might consider it, but the problem for me is you have to pay up front and then be put on a waiting list, and he’s 6 months out now. Maybe if we got enough people from the forums to be interested he could do a run for us sooner since it would be a larger order??
As much as I want a Bespin Han I’m not sure if that’s the route I want to go. I’d still have to find the boots and belt, plus a body and head sculpt. Seems like that would get expensive fast for one figure.

Add $600-700 for those needing to pick up a second ANH Han to customise and you're talking about a $1,000 figure. I mean I know we're desperate for a Bespin Han, but that's a hefty price to pay.

I wouldn't be surprised if the slow sales of previous Harrison Ford figures contributes to this, but if HT would actually get someone to sculpt a decent Solo head that wouldn't be a concern moving forward.

Here’s the (my) breakdown:
Medicom Pants
SS Hoth Shirt
SS hoth jacket
holster/belt from Robbie the Painter (or HT)
Boots from HT young solo
Head from inigo
Paint by silent surfer
Any TTM body

Is this recipe cheap? No. The estimates of approximately $1000 are fair. The trick though is to see what you have laying around or set eBay saved searches. I found the bulk of the above set listed for around $100 on eBay awhile back, plus the boots, holster, head, and paint, it would be accurate that my custom is actually closer to $600 or $700. Still, a high price to pay, but I’ve slowly been cobbling it together for awhile (still waiting on the painter). If done over a stretch of time as pieces make themselves available, it isn’t that big of a deal and even if HT releases one, it isn’t like there aren’t display options that warrant another Bespin Han.

I’m relatively new to this board but I’m shocked by the cherry picking on prices/cost by collectors, generally. I can’t tell you how many people will make a comment about “a custom piece being a rip off” aka, a set of boots for $50, but won’t bat an eye selling off brand new figures because they have car problems or need the money (or a million other excuses which clearly illustrate why they shouldn’t be in this hobby at all).

Back