1/6 Hot Toys - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back: Lando Calrissian (Bespin version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uh oh... those smaller... inferior batches? The ones like with Yoda, that had too-thick hair and dark green paint and little weathering on the robe? All of which were corrected in the subsequent proper regular batches.

I would certainly hope those QC issues are corrected at this point, but that was always a nice benefit to Sideshow getting the later product.

Spoke with SS and confirmed they are doing simultaneous releases with HT on certain figures . So far Lando , Miles Morales and Death Watch. He didn't know if it's ongoing, or something they are trying out? I suspect that the ones that got an arriving early email are the ones they are doing( Shore trooper, Boba 2 pack). Guessing Rex and Asoka since they are larger orders are through regular channels which is why the Rex email went out even though it's been released in HK.

Spoke with SS and confirmed they are doing simultaneous releases with HT on certain figures . So far Lando , Miles Morales and Death Watch. He didn't know if it's ongoing, or something they are trying out? I suspect that the ones that got an arriving early email are the ones they are doing( Shore trooper, Boba 2 pack). Guessing Rex and Asoka since they are larger orders are through regular channels which is why the Rex email went out even though it's been released in HK.

Thanks for the information. I'm going to assume the Miles' orders aren't even close to the Peter Parker Spider-Man orders.

I only got a delayed e-mail from the Rex I didn't order on Day 1, I'm still holding out that Day 1 orders are fulfilled over the next few weeks.

Would be awesome if they did it with the Fett 2 Pack but if they do that it would certainly mean it's not based solely on items with smaller numbers of pre-orders. Fett has to be a top seller for them but it might be worth it for them to get it out in the states as BoBF begins in late December and you know they're going to preview some Fett goodness from that show.

The sculpt looks phenomenal. I really don't want them to mess with it, they'll **** it up like Jyn Erso.
Kinda-smirk-but-not aside, they definitely got a lot right and it has that HT hyper-realism magic in the sculpt detail/paint but there's just something a bit un-BDW about it. Not old enough maybe, face not long enough, jawline not prominent enough, face too small in relation to the hair?

Hard to put your finger on it, because a lot of the elements are right there and hyper-realistically finished. Just the sum of those parts doesn't scream BDW. Still hope they tweaked it even just a bit, it needs... something.

sYXHgiQ.jpg

I wonder if this is because these figures received smaller pre-order numbers than other figures. Less pre-orders means they can split the initial production batch with SS, instead of needing to provide all the figures to fill the asian markets.

Lando is just peripheral enough that I have justified not ordering yet, but in-hand pics could sway me. C'mon HT, let us down with the production piece so I can save some money!
I think the same thing when there's a fringe piece that I'm on the fence about. Lando is not a fringe piece for me, so I hope you have to buy it! :)

Back