Hot Toys DX24 & DX25 Bespin Luke Skywalker (Regular and Exclusive versions)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone feel taking the pants off and maybe cutting the fatsuit from the bottom off might help make the pants look baggy.?

I also think if possible pushing the bottom of the pants up can probably give it the baggy effect at the boot cuff.
None of this is really right. The legs aren’t very thick the tailoring is just too tight below the knees.

Taking some fat suit off won’t really fix much. You might make it look more baggy from one angle but it won’t change that there’s just not enough fabric there.

In my experience so far the fit is tapered below the knees so pulling the fabric up just exposes even more restrictive fabric. I’ve been pulling on mine to try to stretch it and the best I’ve gotten so far is in my pics above.

I think sewing a dart inside the inseam is the only real way to improve it but then you would have an inaccurate dart inside the leg.

Maybe there’s a fix, I’ll futz with it more later, maybe

None of this is really right. The legs aren’t very thick the tailoring is just too tight below the knees.

Taking some fat suit off won’t really fix much. You might make it look more baggy from one angle but it won’t change that there’s just not enough fabric there.

In my experience so far the fit is tapered below the knees so pulling the fabric up just exposes even more restrictive fabric. I’ve been pulling on mine to try to stretch it and the best I’ve gotten so far is in my pics above.

I think sewing a dart inside the inseam is the only real way to improve it but then you would have an inaccurate dart inside the leg.

Maybe there’s a fix, I’ll futz with it more later, maybe
Ah well there goes that idea out the window. To bad overall I'll still be satisfied with the figure in hand I'm sure but funny how HT didn't bother being a bit more accurate with the fit.

You could remove the pants, soak them and stuff the knees with a cork or something solid that will stretch the material... let them set overnight until dry.

I would think it's more likely they had just one belt, rather than several different belts. Originally made larger to accommodate the extra clothing bulk in Norway, and then when the d-ring appears almost behind the buckle, that's when it's at it's tightest. Later, when it needed to be tighter, they removed the d-ring and re attached it the other side of the lightsaber hook. Without the d-ring in the way the belt could be tightened even more.

Don't forget Luke's trousers where much higher than the waistband when filming the final duel, so his belt would need to be pretty tight fitting.

RZjtZgj-2465500860.jpg

We are posting screenshots trying to spot how accurate or inaccurate the placing of the lightsaber hook on the belt is for most of the movie scenes... and meanwhile the entire Hot Toys suit itself is so pristine it doesn't match ANY of the movie screen grabs.

I love you guys. :)

That is the same way where the tunics are stitched together on Krennic and Gideon. I put them together from breaks and never used the fat suits. Just added shoulder padding and some around the stomach area of the body.

Snagged a deluxe at BBTS.

Never thought I'd own this many Lukes but here we are.

If they do a battle damaged Con exclusive then I might cancel. But for now I'm glad to have locked one in.

Curious if the new head sculpt fits the DX07 body.
It will since it has the same neck connection as the Snowspeeder Luke and ROTJ Luke. You just need to get the neck adapter (left) out of the DX07 body and it will attach to the ball joint that's left inside (right).

1686252415439.png

@jedijim3002 and @Chakaman did this with the Snowspeeder Luke figures.

Yes. It’s the same headsculpt as the Snowspeeder Luke. I bought an extra head through eBay and put the hair on the sideway stare head from the set and used it for my DX07.View attachment 585910

Back