Hot Toys DX24 & DX25 Bespin Luke Skywalker (Regular and Exclusive versions)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The price difference between the regular and deluxe is absolutely ridiculous on this one. Only two extra accessories and they want $60 more? Dumb. I’m definitely getting the standard version only if I decide to get it.

Never thought I would call a Hot Toys Luke Skywalker a pass.
Screenshot_20220413-161257_Chrome.jpg

So, $285 for the standard and $60 more for that Vader helmet? Looking at the promo pics it looks like the same one as the DX07, with the same Luke hs inside. Damn, this company is getting lazy with Star Wars releases recently.

Yeah def just getting the standard. I do love the figure. Empire Strikes Back Luke is my favourite hero…love his arc in that movie in particular.

Few things though:

1) gone are the days of the DX treatment. That they did a fully Bespin Luke with DX07, this one could have been a Dagobah version with the backpack, Yoda, some levitating stones etc. Oh well

2) The Mando head looks great with the ESB hair.

3) The suit is super clean. I wonder if it will be weathered. Not too worried either way.

Overall I’m excited. Again, ESB is my favourite movie and imho is the most iconic versions of all the OT characters (especially Luke, Vader, Yoda, Han, Leia). I might actually try and track down an ESB Yoda now haha.

DX these days means moving eyes and that's about it. That should just be standard for most figures, not a luxury we have to pay through the nose for.

What stinks is that I really want to pair this with Yoda, so that deluxe is sort of necessary.
Seriously? Unless you really want that Vader helmet I can't see how that base is necessary for pairing Luke & Yoda. It's just a standard hexagonal base with one of those corner pieces that fits to its edge - there's not even enough room to accommodate the two of them.

The fit of the suit is better, but I have a feeling that will be to the detriment of articulation. For me personally, articulation is too important to tradeoff vs a slightly better aesthetic considering I already own V1...

I can't get past that weird CG looking Mando sculpt they're using. Has that same blank lifeless stare. There are some angles where it looks good but overall looks too dead in the eyes for me.

He just looks so dazed and confused like he doesn't know what the hell he's doing.

XeX3gFM.png
irLbc57.png
SADuNH7.png

Last edited:
If that's all the exclusive comes with I'm cool with just the standard. And it is funny how they are using the Mandalorian S2 Luke sculpt just different hair. Lol
I tried to tell them that. But nope. Apparently this look exactly like he did in empire. And they call me the blind one.

Seriously? Unless you really want that Vader helmet I can't see how that base is necessary for pairing Luke & Yoda. It's just a standard hexagonal base with one of those corner pieces that fits to its edge - there's not even enough room to accommodate the two of them.
My point was that the regular Bespin base doesn't work for displaying with Yoda. I'm sure I could figure out another base that'd be cheaper than $60. I do think it's good for most collectors that the Bespin base is the regular as many will pair him with Vader...

I can't get past that weird CG looking Mando sculpt they're using. Has that same blank lifeless stare. There are some angles where it looks good but overall looks too dead in the eyes for me. He just looks so dazed and confused like he doesn't know what the hell he's doing.

XeX3gFM.png
irLbc57.png
SADuNH7.png
Yeah, this head/face just doesn't work for ESB Luke. Not only is the expression too placid and docile, but there's something off w/ the eyes which is really throwing off the likeness a lot.

Add to that the fact that they've reduced the size of his moles by more than 50%, and both hair pieces are too small and closely cropped for the face, and you've got an ESB Luke that just doesn't pass muster.

Back