Hot Toys DX24 & DX25 Bespin Luke Skywalker (Regular and Exclusive versions)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to see this is getting released but definitely would've wanted that bloody hand stump the DX07 came with too. Knowing HT it'll probably be included with the eventual battle damaged release lol
review_jp_bespinluke_12.jpg

3c34aa1eb6eb66157528472ca4b7712d.jpg

Shameless plug here, but topical.

I got a spare DX7 Luke for about $110. Swapped the body for a nondescript seamless figure ($60). $10 Hasbro bag. Perfect? No, but for this price I’m happy, he looks decent, and I can always swap the head when I see fit. Way cheaper, fills a niche, and doesn’t take TWO MORE years to have in hand.

188B9A02-3461-44F7-9961-A6C3B137A053.jpeg

I think I'll get the standard vers., the price for the deluxe is pretty ridiculous! about $80 of difference for a sculpt and a base that will remain in the box? pass

This looks nice. Glad they finally released it for those who want a Bespin Luke and don’t want to pay DX07 prices.

First impression is that I think first offering was much more lucrative though for what it came with. I also think the BD DX07 version captured a Bespin Duel Luke portrait a bit better. One because the figure was BD, and two, I personally think the hair piece captured the sweaty, matted down look a bit better. This one seems a bit poofier. I also like the DX07 boots better. Haven’t decided yet if the sculpt portrait on this figure is an improvement over the DX07. I want to say it looks to be a reuse of the Mandalorian Luke sculpt? But I’m not sure.

To me the major differences would be potentially better suit tailoring, upgraded belt, and potentially the figure being a bit larger (haven’t looked at specs to compare heights). To me the DX07 seems a bit small, but perhaps that’s actually accurate.

I used to have to the full DX07 set but sold off the BD half and kept the clean half, as I thought that covered more ground to represent Luke in that garb from ESB. I’m happy staying put with that. He’s still one of my favorite, if not favorite, SW figures. Maybe if they double dip and make a BD version, I’ll bite on that.

Of the two hair sculpts, I think the "mop" suits the Bespin duel better -- although Luke's placid expression and ultra-clean uniform are incongruent with that on-screen look.

The flip hair (from Snowspeeder) just looks too glam, especially with the clean "publicity" outfit HT has given us.

I feel like there won't be a huge PO for this -- as so many people have the DX07 -- so I hope that doesn't hurt future OT offerings.

This is my favorite iteration of Luke from the OT, so I wish it the best for sales.

I'm glad that anyone who missed out on the DX07 now has the option to get this. But, as someone who already owns the DX07, this doesn't look to be an improvement over that figure at all.

Maybe that will change when we see the final production figure. If it's good, I'm sure I'll be tempted to get it.

It’s bananas that we’re going to see $300 for standard figures by the end of this year. Inflation is still going up, raw materials increasing in price, no chance a basic figure from Hot Toys is less than $300 by the winter.
The figure won't be released for 18-24 months so they're preparing for the increased prices now. I bet part of the delay for some long current preorders is that things are costing them now way more than they anticipated 18-24 months ago.

Of the two hair sculpts, I think the "mop" suits the Bespin duel better -- although Luke's placid expression and ultra-clean uniform are incongruent with that on-screen look.

The flip hair (from Snowspeeder) just looks too glam, especially with the clean "publicity" outfit HT has given us.

I feel like there won't be a huge PO for this -- as so many people have the DX07 -- so I hope that doesn't hurt future OT offerings.

This is my favorite iteration of Luke from the OT, so I wish it the best for sales.

DX07 came out a decade ago; whatever the production run was then, no way that stock is satiating the collector population now. Bespin Luke is one of the most requested figures that I've seen since they originally teased it a few years ago.

DX07 came out a decade ago; whatever the production run was then, no way that stock is satiating the collector population now. Bespin Luke is one of the most requested figures that I've seen since they originally teased it a few years ago.

I agree. But a huge portion of the established collector community already has the DX07 and, as you can tell by the posts here, many are keeping their old figure and not POing with a wait-and-see attitude toward this release.

Also, I can't believe we're not even at 10 pages of discussion yet and its been over 12 hours. For Luke Bespin. The Luke that fought Vader.

I preordered the standard version. I’ll use it mostly as parts anyway or another version I can customize if it’s better or worse than my DX07.

Don’t go discuss this on Facebook. The hot toys fan boys will tear you a new one. God forbid you express an opinion.
I dont know why people like that pay $300 for a figure. If their standards are so low (not being specific to this figure) why dont they just buy hasbros and stuff?

I see most people seem to either be passing altogether or getting the standard version. The deluxe is overpriced for sure but I just ordered it with a $20 coupon. I have the DX07 but not the exclusive and it's always kinda irritated me that I don't have the creepy Luke/Vader head.

All that said if this were a true DX set it should have the backpack, a set of seamless arms and a base that allows Luke to do his handstand.

Back