Hot Toys DX24 & DX25 Bespin Luke Skywalker (Regular and Exclusive versions)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The “deluxe” for this is what you’d expect for a Standard figure. We’re starting to pay more money for less value.

I find it just an incremental bump in detailing to the DX07. Head sculpt is better than the regular DX07 sculpt but I still prefer the battle damaged DX07 sculpt, all around. The PERs system could be what is throwing it off, for me.

Perhaps I'll pick up some loose items when the set is broken down.

December 2023 which means January 2025.
It’s really crazy that we’ve reached the point that Hot Toys is leading 20 months now. It wasn’t that long ago that they were getting things out consistently in 12. Letting themselves get so behind going into the pandemic really killed them. They’ve gotta dig out of that hole somehow. As much as I enjoy collecting, I don’t know how much longer I’m going to buy from a brand that’s making me wait two years for product. I’m just going to post my enthusiasm.

It’s really crazy that we’ve reached the point that Hot Toys is leading 20 months now. It wasn’t that long ago that they were getting things out consistently in 12. Letting themselves get so behind going into the pandemic really killed them. They’ve gotta dig out of that hole somehow. As much as I enjoy collecting, I don’t know how much longer I’m going to buy from a brand that’s making me wait two years for product. I’m just going to post my enthusiasm.
Yup. I keep hoping to start seeing multiple figures releasing per week, which is the only way they're going to be able to get back on schedule. If they keep announcing a new figure every week while only shipping a figure every other week at best, it's only going to get worse.

Snowspeeder Luke went up for order two whole years ago, and still nowhere in sight.

DX-07 was the first Star Wars figure released by Hot Toys. It was and still is an amazing set. Congratulations to those who missed it and will be getting this. (I may get the re-lease HS if it is worth the upgrade--surely the HS alone will be $100-150...so that will be a very hard pill to swallow...)

Thankfully I will be putting 90% my collecting $ with EXO-6 and the new Star Trek releases in 2022-2025--while Hot Toys (through Sideshow) will continue to re-hash and jack up their prices.

It's as if they're just taking on more and more work without the capacty to complete said work in a timely manner. With approx 50 figures announced each year, and now only around 1 (maybe 2 if we're lucky) release per month, the backlog is going to be huge.

Good grief! So Toysbuyingagent is selling the deluxe for $51.04 more than the regular? $51.00 for a frickin stand? Wow.

edit: nevermind. I see that it’s the helmet also that I already have.

Last edited:
The “deluxe” for this is what you’d expect for a Standard figure. We’re starting to pay more money for less value.
Yeah, a $60 bump for the Vader helmet, Dagobah base and graphic card (lol) is rather excessive even for HT/SSC. If I dip into the OT again for a figure (I only have Endor Leia) it probably won't be this one, and if I was to get it I'd opt for the standard release.

Yeah, a $60 bump for the Vader helmet, Dagobah base and graphic card (lol) is rather excessive even for HT/SSC. If I dip into the OT again for a figure (I only have Endor Leia) it probably won't be this one, and if I was to get it I'd opt for the standard release.
A 10 year old re-used Vader helmet at that. Lets be honest, the helmet is probably staying in the box for most people.

This does look good and I will be getting it cause I can’t resist an OT Luke figure. Was hoping for a little more this time around from HT but there’s always hope.

Attachments

• 5F136C43-DF2B-4EB8-8827-14A6515C67C6.jpeg
    5F136C43-DF2B-4EB8-8827-14A6515C67C6.jpeg
    122.9 KB · Views: 23
If that's all the exclusive comes with I'm cool with just the standard. And it is funny how they are using the Mandalorian S2 Luke sculpt just different hair. Lol

What stinks is that I really want to pair this with Yoda, so that deluxe is sort of necessary. If it was the other way around (Bespin base as the exclusive), I'd get the regular without a second thought. Hobby is getting very pricey, although this is probably early 2024 and imagine what figures will cost THEN! :)

Was this sculpted when LFL was still toying around with casting Sebastian Stan as Luke for the various Disney+ shows? Because I'm not seeing Mark at all in that sculpt. The face and both hair pieces are just too far off. Heck, the re-used head on Snowspeeder Luke looks better than this.

*edit* Thanks to those who pointed out this is the Mando Luke head sculpt, which captures the CG Luke just fine, but doesn't capture real-life Hamill circa ESB. Hope HT updates w/ an original sculpt for this release. I mean, doesn't a figure as iconic as Bespin Luke deserve its own sculpt?

Last edited:
Back