Hot Toys DX24 & DX25 Bespin Luke Skywalker (Regular and Exclusive versions)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate that the one time Hot Toys decides not to have the nameplate be removeable on these SW figures, its for the Bespin base. Guess my Boba Fett is gonna go by "Luke Skywalker"

It is possible to take the name plate off the attach piece that it is stuck or glued to.

I make my own name plates.

Attachments

• IMG_4004.jpeg
    IMG_4004.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
I just got my second DX07 Tanktop in as the first one had a rip that I thought I did myself and it bothered me. But this one came with a rip in a different spot, so im suspecting I didnt actually damage the original one in the first place, which is annoying.

Anyways, this second one seems to have come undone at the seams under the armpit, does anyone know of a tailor I could send this to for a quick fix up thats in the US? Unfortunately don't have any experience with sewing.

IMG_0415.jpg

Hmm, mine don't have any rips or unraveling on the side like that. Not sure if some came like that or not, mirroring the outfits as clean and battle damaged.

Hmm, mine don't have any rips or unraveling on the side like that. Not sure if some came like that or not, mirroring the outfits as clean and battle damaged.

probably just due to age, I bought it second hand and seller didn't mention the issue, offered $8 refund which ill likely take.

I'm wondering if any local tailor could make quick work of this, the thread is still attached so it seems like it would be as easy as rethreading it, if thats all it takes.

probably just due to age, I bought it second hand and seller didn't mention the issue, offered $8 refund which ill likely take.

I'm wondering if any local tailor could make quick work of this, the thread is still attached so it seems like it would be as easy as rethreading it, if that's all it takes.
I'd make a knot with the thread that's left hanging on, then just resew starting a little further in so you overlap a bit. But, that's honestly a really easy fix to do. I know you said you don't have experience with sewing but a few Youtube tutorials should be able to teach you enough to be able to fix that on your own. Save money, wait time and learn something that's applicable for future similar issues that could come up with not only figures, but in real life. Unless you really don't mind spending the money to potentially ship it back and forth and/or pay someone for their time that is.

Last edited:
I'd make a knot with the thread that's left hanging on, then just resew starting a little further in so you overlap a bit. But, that's honestly a really easy fix to do. I know you said you don't have experience with sewing but a few Youtube tutorials should be able to teach you enough to be able to fix that on your own. Save money, wait time and learn something that's applicable for future similar issues that could come up with not only figures, but in real life. Unless you really don't mind spending the money to ship it back and forth and pay someone for their time that is.

I for one would like to see the local tailor’s face when Raleig.h shows up for their appointment and pulls out a tiny tank top.

I for one would like to see the local tailor’s face when Raleig.h shows up for their appointment and pulls out a tiny tank top.

I thought about this too lmao, would certainly be an interesting interaction.

I contacted the eBay seller and turns out they had more stock, so they're sending me a new one for free:rock

My girlfriends mom said she can fix the tanktop I have now also, so for now I can skip that awkward interaction lol.

"...is that a doll shirt?"

"No, it's Luke Skywalker's shirt."

"A Luke Skywalker doll?"

"It's not a doll! It's a highly collectible sixth scale action figure!"

"Please leave."
I also have "very valuable (obvs not at MY purchase, they RISE in value HONEST, I get them for a steal) limited edition, adult collectibles"

Hey guy, some of you may know i got out of the 12" game a little while ago but I have been slowly getting back into it again. I've collected 7 figures so far and I'm starting to like them again as my huge statues that cost an arm and leg to ship and I've had to slow down on buying them.

Well I was thinking about grabbing bespin Luke here but thought with the price of him, I would rather have a Luke Dagobah, would it be wise to wait or better to grab Bespin Luke now and have both figures eventually?

Hey guy, some of you may know i got out of the 12" game a little while ago but I have been slowly getting back into it again. I've collected 7 figures so far and I'm starting to like them again as my huge statues that cost an arm and leg to ship and I've had to slow down on buying them.

Well I was thinking about grabbing bespin Luke here but thought with the price of him, I would rather have a Luke Dagobah, would it be wise to wait or better to grab Bespin Luke now and have both figures eventually?

Get Snowspeeder Luke when it’s on sale for 20-25% off. Happens fairly regularly. That’s technically a Dagobah Luke.

Way things are going, don’t think they’ll make a Dagobah training Luke any time soon.

No one else can say what option is best for you. Get what you like. If you want this, do it sooner than later. But don’t get it just to have if you’d rather have a different version. There’ll always be more figures.

Get Snowspeeder Luke when it’s on sale for 20-25% off. Happens fairly regularly. That’s technically a Dagobah Luke.

Way things are going, don’t think they’ll make a Dagobah training Luke any time soon.

No one else can say what option is best for you. Get what you like. If you want this, do it sooner than later. But don’t get it just to have if you’d rather have a different version. There’ll always be more figures.
Yeah I'm able to get him on second chance with Sideshow. So I have till noon to jump on it.

I think they will. They have been regularly churning out Luke’s for the past few years whether it is from ESB, Jedi, Mando. Obviously the character is a seller. How many Han’s (lol) and even Leia’s have they done lately?

I think they will. They have been regularly churning out Luke’s for the past few years whether it is from ESB, Jedi, Mando. Obviously the character is a seller. How many Han’s (lol) and even Leia’s have they done lately?
Yeah, I think HT would even go as far as releasing a Luke Dagobah right after this Bespin release. It is something they're known for doing. But I have already bought this Luke as of 5 min ago so if they do I guess I'll have two to display. lol.

Back