Hot Toys DX24 & DX25 Bespin Luke Skywalker (Regular and Exclusive versions)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think they will. They have been regularly churning out Luke’s for the past few years whether it is from ESB, Jedi, Mando. Obviously the character is a seller. How many Han’s (lol) and even Leia’s have they done lately?
Yeah, I think HT would even go as far as releasing a Luke Dagobah right after this Bespin release. It is something they're known for doing. But I have already bought this Luke as of 5 min ago so if they do I guess I'll have two to display. lol.

Only said they wouldn’t be making it soon, not that they wouldn’t at all.

I agree it could happen but I just wouldn’t expect them to bring out another Luke in this environment with other versions already sitting around, especially an OT fig which are already relatively few and far between.

They’ve really slowed down on announcements and it’s not a good time for the collectibles market in general.

Maybe something like a two pack with Yoda for ESB 45th or 50th? Wouldn’t be surprised if the next OT Luke is a new ANH version though. Especially if it’s an Artisan Edition.

Last edited:
I hope not but seems like something they’d pull in their quest to try to flex on InArt and fleece collectors. :lol
At some point I think (hope?) they realise they are shooting themselves in the proverbials limiting the numbers in the Artisan range. I don’t really see anything in the announcements so far that they couldn’t do on a larger volume and Howard needs the extra cash.

At some point I think (hope?) they realise they are shooting themselves in the proverbials limiting the numbers in the Artisan range. I don’t really see anything in the announcements so far that they couldn’t do on a larger volume and Howard needs the extra cash.

Agreed. We can only hope!

I was inspired by the wonderful customizations members did,so I decided to work on it this week.
IMG_8798.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8799.jpeg
    IMG_8799.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8804.jpeg
    IMG_8804.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Has anyone not received their DX24 or DX25? It looks like he’s been release for a while now. I ordered from KGHobby and they seem to be having some issues with stock.

Have you emailed to see what's up? They're usually reliable but I've never ordered HT from them so not sure how long it takes for them to get stock.
Yes, it usually takes them around 2 days to email back. I experienced the same kind of delay of them getting stock earlier this year with Bo Katan, I ordered this Luke before that happened so I’m going through the same situation again. They’ve been good to deal with for the past few years before shipping cost sky rocketted. I’ve since switched to other retailers. Would like to know others’ experiences with KG in 2023

Yes, it usually takes them around 2 days to email back. I experienced the same kind of delay of them getting stock earlier this year with Bo Katan, I ordered this Luke before that happened so I’m going through the same situation again. They’ve been good to deal with for the past few years before shipping cost sky rocketted. I’ve since switched to other retailers. Would like to know others’ experiences with KG in 2023
My experience with KG in 2023 is that you will wait forever to get a Hot Toys figure, but it will arrive eventually.

Unfortunately, you will also see every other member on the boards receive, open, pose, modify, share enjoyment and criticisms, and ultimately forget about a figure months before KG even get their stock, which really takes the shine off finally receiving your own copy because you’re essentially left out of the ,community’ loop and feel like you’ve already experienced everything secondhand.
Third Party releases are pretty much on par with Kit so at least they’ve got that going for them.
They were great to use before the pandemic convinced shipping companies they could double their prices.

They are also denying you the chance to earn something off your deposit, and they may even be doing that themselves. How long have them been holding it? It’s not much but a simple interest of 4% is easy to get off deposits these days. This figure is freely available in HK at retail price. To me it’s a totally unreasonable situation.

They are also denying you the chance to earn something off your deposit, and they may even be doing that themselves. How long have them been holding it? It’s not much but a simple interest of 4% is easy to get off deposits these days. This figure is freely available in HK at retail price. To me it’s a totally unreasonable situation.
I put in the PO over a year ago, they had the best price but the economy has changed so much in a year, high shipping nullifies any saves, it’s not even worthwhile ordering from them anymore. I’ll just wait for them to fulfill my order and not buy from them again

I put in the PO over a year ago, they had the best price but the economy has changed so much in a year, high shipping nullifies any saves, it’s not even worthwhile ordering from them anymore. I’ll just wait for them to fulfill my order and not buy from them again
This was me around a year ago. About 18 months ago they really started to take a lot longer to get figures in. Then they moved and the delays seemed to get even worse. Their prices are really good but when Popcultcha started getting figures before them I thought enough is enough and dropped them.

Unfortunately, you will also see every other member on the boards receive, open, pose, modify, share enjoyment and criticisms, and ultimately forget about a figure months before KG even get their stock, which really takes the shine off finally receiving your own copy because you’re essentially left out of the ,community’ loop and feel like you’ve already experienced everything secondhand.

You’ll also probably see people decide they don’t want the figure, sell it to someone, realize they miss it, buy another, and receive it before you get yours from KG.

I think they’re an alright store that seems to deliver in the end and I’ve bought some in stock non Hot Toys items from them before. But the PO wait times seem to be not only unacceptable but entirely detached from reality from what I’ve read here.

Finally was able to pick up a second one of these and I am thinking about dirtying one up some. Some of you have done some amazing work customizing yours. Anyone got any tips as to how I can dirty him up if I choose to. What did you use?

Back