Hot Toys DX24 & DX25 Bespin Luke Skywalker (Regular and Exclusive versions)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always applaud this level of dedication, when people go to such lengths to improve a stock figure. BUT my argument is, why the hell should any of us have to go to these ridiculous lengths to get movie accurate figures. I mean, if we’re paying $100 bucks then yeah fine, but these things are SO expensive these days, we should be getting a much higher standard of accuracy, straight out of the box!
Gotta agree with you here. Even though I started in the hobby by customizing my original Sideshow figures, they were less than $100. As the years have gone on and prices increased, the idea of "fixing" a figure has had less and less appeal.

Another satisfied Sideshow Luke Bespin owner! :yess::lol

And the stock DX25 boots aren't a "durability" issue - both the Snowspeeder boots and the DX25 boots are pleather - they are just really inaccurate.
I think you meant Hot Toys but yes, hopefully I am satisfied when my Bespin Luke eventually arrives. I might mod it if the outfit looks too tight or restricts articulation more than I can tolerate, but I definitely won’t be sweating the pocket flaps lol.

I didn’t realize the boots were inaccurate. I saw in one of the unboxing videos that the first Bespin Luke had fabric boots & assumed that was the impetus for fashioning replacements.

I did indeed mean Sideshow, because the only thing that separates the SSC outfit from the DX07, and the DX07 outfit from the DX24, is the accuracy of the cut/sew. So if the widths of flaps, the thickness/height of collars, the size of chest pockets etc really doesn't matter much, then the Sideshow is perfectly fine. :dunno

And the DX07 boots aren't just made of pleather, the pleather seems to now be deteriorating for many people. The pleather that the DX24's boots (and belt) are made from does concern me even more - it's a type of pleather I associate with faster deterioration timeframes.
Your point is wasted on me as I don’t think I’ve ever seen the Sideshow version (I didn’t start collecting SW figures in 1/6 until The Mandalorian). And my comment on the outfit’s acceptability was focused solely on the thigh pocket flap design, so no need to imply it was more than that. Regardless I think it’s fair to say you have a higher standard than me when it comes to the finer details of these outfits. Nothing wrong with that given what we pay for them. :duff

I’m a bit confused by your comments regarding the DX24/25 boots. You said earlier that it wasn’t a durability issue but rather design inaccuracy driving the need for change, but now you’re concerned that they’re made of the type of pleather associated with faster deterioration. So durability IS a likely issue, n’est-ce pas?

n’est-ce pas?

4df3bf673ae7429dd01ce7ac3f71fae52648182b.gif

Regarding weathering, my theory is since applying weathering on fabric exactly the same in all figures is impossible or not cost-effective, HT opts to not to do it. The last weathering I remember was the cape of Captain Phasma, I guess.

Regarding weathering, my theory is since applying weathering on fabric exactly the same in all figures is impossible or not cost-effective, HT opts to not to do it. The last weathering I remember was the cape of Captain Phasma, I guess.
Nah, quite a few of figures outside of Star Wars also have had some degree of weathering after Captain Phasma.

Last edited:
I was charged for Luke this morning at 6:05 am EST , Sideshow must really want there money . Hopefully it's a sign they are expecting it in the warehouse much more sooner than later and want to be ready to ship. On the other hand it's probably them just wanting paid a.s.a.p! :ROFLMAO:

I was charged for Luke this morning at 6:05 am EST , Sideshow must really want there money . Hopefully it's a sign they are expecting it in the warehouse much more sooner than later and want to be ready to ship. On the other hand it's probably them just wanting paid a.s.a.p! :ROFLMAO:
I got charged as well.

Do deluxe versions usually precede the regular versions? I just got charged as well for the deluxe but am on waiting list for the regular. Did anyones regulars convert?

Do deluxe versions usually precede the regular versions? I just got charged as well for the deluxe but am on waiting list for the regular. Did anyones regulars convert?
Seems like the deluxe usually hits first, that’s at least what happened with the mando Luke. I got the deluxe of this because I didn’t want to miss out but I’m sure the regular will come in stock later.

Back