Hot Toys DX24 & DX25 Bespin Luke Skywalker (Regular and Exclusive versions)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dx07 looks horrible in comparison, not even close.

People are too used to the skin-tight CGI costumes of the MCU.

I think people need a reminder of what Luke actually looked like...

tumblr_py0cenT3YP1tghj17o2_640.jpg

EUEamleWsAchkp9.jpg

119066042_1055099614906420_3005892770904923386_n.jpg

the-empire-strikes-back-luke-bespin.jpg

Did the belt have the tube pouch or not? Im second guessing myself now.

Not to nitpick, but the "HT Marvel" era wasn't really a thing back then. Not like it is now. They were actually doing unique things back then. It was a more even mix, that was back when they were still doing the 89 Batman stuff, Platoon, Sweeney Todd, Sucker Punch, Inglorious Basterds, that timeframe was when they did nearly the whole T2 cast.

I wouldn't say we were suffering through HT Marvel, I remember it being pretty exciting and unprecedented that they did the whole Avengers cast. They were notorious for only doing one or two figures from a big cast. I mean, that was the time when they only did two of the three characters from Platoon. "Where's Elias?" was a pretty big meme at the time. Comedian and Silk Spectre, with no Rorshach.

Hell, here I am scrolling through the Hot Toys Complete Checklist, strolling down memory lane. Little did we know how good we had it back then. You had DX07, then the double-whammy of 89 Batman and Joker, you've got the DX T2s, but yeah, after that you really start to see that it's all Marvel all the time, with a few Batmans thrown in to keep you guessing. There was just so much more random stuff back then.
yep yep.
totally agree.
The suffering part i meant was me buying most of those figures from Hot toys at that time.
The suffering was me waiting and hoping Hot toys got the SW license.
Now I'm waiting to see what Inart do 😉

May be in the minority here, but while I know the tighter tailoring isn’t accurate to the film, I like it better. It makes it look less like a doll like DX07.

I think I will get this, I want more OT stuff in display. I have expanded from collecting just troopers to more characters.

I'm looking at my DX07 and to be honest, aside from the head sculpt (specifically the face), It looks better than the pics of the newer one.

I'm sure once the fat suit is removed and the hair piece swapped out, the newer one will take over the top spot. I'm just not seeing a "huge" difference, as is.

The Dx07 was definitely a much better value. The sculpt and tailoring are lightyears ahead on the new release though. I bet once that stupid fat suit is removed it’ll look exceptional.

The fatsuit removal will be key, that's for sure.

I do prefer the new jacket, but the rest of the outfit... I don't know, DX07 looks fine to me.

Anyway, real in hand pictures will be coming soon, and then we'll know...

The main draw for me for this release is that bespin diorama base. i wish i could score one over ebay as im still very happy with my dx07

Anyone getting shipping notices from Sideshow yet?
I wouldn't expect this to ship from Sideshow for at least another month.

(But their shipping schedule has been all over the place lately, so who really knows?)

I see some differences in the new release that look better than the DX07. Maily the shirt having a better collar and longer sleeves. I agree with Wor-Gar though that the suit is too pristine and tight. I never liked the material of the Dx-07 but overall still like the weathering of the suit on both figures in the set. One of my first Hot toy purchases and still great overall though the new headsculpt may be something I try to get.

So sad that the jacket is sewn so not an easy swap. Nor removing the fatsuit will be easy.

Maybe you can just remove the bottom half of the fatsuit to get baggier pants and call it a day.

Back