Hot Toys DX24 & DX25 Bespin Luke Skywalker (Regular and Exclusive versions)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't tell by the pics if the Luke in Vader helmet has been upscale to proper size, or if it's still the same undersized piece as the original. The details are all exactly the same. Does anybody know if it's bigger now? That's the only reason I'd spend more. I have the original, and the Degobah base isn't worth it.

DX25 and DX 24 -- which is which? And why doesn't HT put that in their advertising anymore? It's just DX series. Lazy effort in the "DX series" figures displayed by the laziness to change the cards.

HT too lazy to even count anymore. Now that they have an actual competitor for the first time in over a decade perhaps it's time to start counting again.

Bit underwhelming release imo. And very dissapointing for DX. Not gonna put over 300 into this jist getting some parts

Doubtful. That would make the Snowspeeder a DX and they're not going to change it to one of those now.
Because of the PERS? We've seen that on plenty of other figures that weren't DX.

I suppose it might make Bespin Luke seem a bit less unique if the Snowspeeder version shared the same sculpt, but I doubt that's something HT cares much about.

I think the likeness here is superior to the previous version. I might buy for that purpose, similar to how I upgraded McFly due to a better sculpt. It is a shame that this doesn't have more bells and whistles, but DX figures have never been really consistent on that front. I remember the Bad Michael Jackson being criticized for being so basic.

I'm drawing a blank. What figure has had PERS that wasn't a DX?
PERS isn't a thing anymore, I don't think ("Parallel" being the "P," but now HT gives us independent toggles which helps avoid cross-eyed figures like some Jokers). But the Avengers Hulk is one I had that wasn't DX while retaining the ability to move his eyes.

I'm drawing a blank. What figure has had PERS that wasn't a DX?
Off the top of my head, the new Battison figure doesn't have the DX label but has moveable eyes as well as the Batman Returns figure. And as Kara mentioned, Age of Ultron Hulk has moveable eyes. Can't recall any other though but there could be

Re the rolling eyes, both the K2’s and all of the Maul’s def have it. The QS Batman’s as well. Batman Forever, Alita, Gladiator Hulk as well.

Last edited:
Off the top of my head, the new Battison figure doesn't have the DX label but has moveable eyes as well as the Batman Returns figure. And as Kara mentioned, Age of Ultron Hulk has moveable eyes. Can't recall any other though but there could be

Ahsoka, Clone Wars Maul?
Good shout! I forgot about those.
Ahsoka has PERS, not sure about Maul.
CW Maul uses the Solo head doesn't it, so it would make sense that it has it also. So basically, HT could re-use a DX head on an MMS release. I doubt they would actually do that for Snowspeeder Luke though.

Dx means you get foam instead of clam shell
That seems to be the only difference doesn't it?

The DX07 was my very first HT figure and while it is dated now, I still love all the bits it came with. It was a truly awesome experience to unbox it. HT are really slipping with OT releases and like others here, my focus is shifting. The EXO-6 Trek reveals were incredible and there’s some LOTR figs from Asmus that I’m looking forward to. Not to mention InArt looming on the horizon (although probably too pricey for my budget).
The only HT I have on PO is the Devo suit Doc Brown.

Back