Hot Toys - DX16 / DX17 - The Phantom Menace - Darth Maul and Sith Speeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - The Phantom Menace - Darth Maul and Sith Speeder

Gosh is it really that big of a deal? It doesn't hurt the sculpt at all, so I don't see what the issue is. Both SSC and HT have done a good job with this character imo.

Agree totally. Had someone not mentioned those minor differences in the paint/sculpt I would never had known. Therefore it's actually not a big deal to me. For others OK maybe ??

In any case it looks great to me. Will need to see with the price, but as it's a DX all the better !

Only taking into account the figure itself—for me, the best improvements are the horns, the paint on the horns and the detail in the eyes. All the little veins are an added touch that the Sideshow version didn’t think to attempt.

I wonder why they opted to sculpt the face makeup in as opposed to just painting it.
It will ensure that the painters get the tattoos exact on each sculpt

Sent from a point in space and time

Should have revealed him yesterday instead of that ******** PS4 Spider Man.

Should have revealed him yesterday instead of that ******** PS4 Spider Man.

Another excuse could be that HT are working on an L3-37 and want to reveal them together.

Or it could be just that Lando is a character doomed to be forever delayed, whether it's Billy or Donald Glover. :(

Wow!! Don’t know if anyone is aware yet but this is confirmed with PERS eyes!!! I have pics, I’ll try to upload them from my phone. (Since photobucket is no more I can’t upload pics for the life of me...)

Edit... just looked back in the thread and it’s already news. But AWESOME news nonetheless!!!

Another excuse could be that HT are working on an L3-37 and want to reveal them together.

Or it could be just that Lando is a character doomed to be forever delayed, whether it's Billy or Donald Glover. :(

God forbid :slap

With the clearer pics, I can safely say, I still prefer the Sideshow expression, but I think HT's portrait is well executed, but for the sculpted tats, we'll see how that comes out in production.

36854634_210329043001087_6900798446395981824_n.jpg

36843994_1757621404273115_3192890739524632576_n.jpg

Even if Sideshow didn't exist, there are a few areas I'm not happy with HT's choices.

1. The horns seem a bit generic, to date, the Sideshow PF, original 1:1 bust and original 1:6 figure seem like the only high end Maul pieces to go for specific designs from the movie, it's even one of the few issues i take with the 2.0 version from Sideshow.

Darth_Maul_17b.jpg

I would think with their effort at movie accuracy, this is something they would have done.

Which leads to my next issue.

2. While not going for film accuracy with the horns, they did go too film accurate by sculpted the edges of the horn prosthetics, which I'm not a fan of. I actually like that Sideshow took the liberty of sculpting them like naturally occurring horns. They look the way they do in the movie because they couldn't hide them any better, it would have looked better if HT took artistic liberty and did the same.

How will the PERS work on this? There's no way to cover the access area, he doesn't have hair or anything.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

How will the PERS work on this? There's no way to cover the access area, he doesn't have hair or anything.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

The first DX Bale Batman had the PERS control inside the middle of his head, you had to pop the head off and reach inside with a plastic stick to maneuver the eyes and the head had magnets to attach it to the neck instead of the standard ball and socket connection HT uses.

Maybe accessed by a removable horn section

Jeez the last 14 pages are just Maulfans denial and justification for the SS figure. Let it go man!! As you can see most people are not in agreement with you. Upgrade or don't! But can we just talk about the new release and not how you're still so happy with the SS version every other post?

Thank you.

So my prediction

One single DX release. 399.99

No other options , not lesser release.

HT: “ Take that nerds”

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

The first DX Bale Batman had the PERS control inside the middle of his head, you had to pop the head off and reach inside with a plastic stick to maneuver the eyes and the head had magnets to attach it to the neck instead of the standard ball and socket connection HT uses.
Yes! Sold the figure long ago but now I remember where I saw the neck access PERS!

Inviato dal mio WAS-LX1 utilizzando Tapatalk

Yeah, I have no need for the vehicle. I hope there is just a regular release. These are already getting pricey enough.

New images look amazing. PERS check! Separate neck and head sculpt... Niiice!

So my prediction

One single DX release. 399.99

No other options , not lesser release.

HT: “ Take that nerds”

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Unfortunately I predict this in our future as well.

Th pers below the head would be ideal.

Perfect figure to include movable eyes with. I'm not a fan of those convention pictures, but this made me change my mind.

attachment.php

The engraved tattoos are a weird design choice though. Hopefully his head is held on magnetically so there's no ugly PERS panel on the back of his head.

Back