Hot Toys - DX16 / DX17 - The Phantom Menace - Darth Maul and Sith Speeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Possibly the special edition version including Maul holographic miniature

71h97c57DML._AC_SL1429_.jpg

darth-maul-with-sith-speeder-special-edition_star-wars_gallery_5c4beb9d1e7b0.jpg

the B is probably just a way of separating the version of each release that came with the Exclusive Maul holo figure.

I would guess? :dunno

:lol

*** See above. Posted as I was typing.

88DA4A3C-1AD3-4E50-943A-31B2460933AD.jpg126FBA04-0400-41A2-AE22-E09FF82EF9A4.jpgA92EBF79-9B22-4761-8FE5-87953B24611F.jpg

I feel like I got horrible luck on my Maul, both boots have separated parts right out of the box, his left lightsaber holding hand has a messed up molding and will not peg into the wrist peg AND the antenna piece for the droid was missing in the box. Hoping Sideshow can issue a replacement body, hand and antenna on him asap. I e-mailed them yesterday about it.

curious also! sideshow has this waitlisted so we will see if they will pull out from that stock!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't understand why they packaged Maul with a hologram of himself. The emperor would have made more sense as the bonus hologram.

I had to put this version on the back-burner for a while due to other things...but i finally picked up the DX17...and a very nice set it is too.

There's not a whole lot of Park in the head portraits...but the paint work,clothing and accessories make up for it. And i love movable eyes:)

The eye ball paint work looks fantastic...

DSC_0050.JPGDSC_0049.JPGDSC_0065.JPG

I don't understand why they packaged Maul with a hologram of himself. The emperor would have made more sense as the bonus hologram.

You can use it with the hologram table...that came with RotS Obi-Wan...and have Sideshow's 10 year old Darth Sidious look at him! lol

Nice pictures, matrix69. I stuck with the SSC V.2, but the more i see the HT the more familiar it becomes. It's a striking figure.

Thanks irezumi...SSV2 is still the winner in likeness to park from the movie. While this HT version is more video game/comic book. Both look great on the shelf though:)

Trying to futz the cloak is a nightmare...

DSC_0075.JPGDSC_0085.JPGDSC_0086.JPG

Those cloaked pics are great, Matrix! Love that side glance from under the hood.

Wow, magnificient job on the cloak. Did you use water treatment?

Thanks guys...No water treatment yet...that's straight out of the box.

I do wish there was a wire in the roof of the hood as it would help keep it more flat against the head. The Medicom cloak has one and it works great.

Love the light up features on the bike...but the probe droid fittings could have been thought out better. I would have preferred if it hovered a little higher than the bike. And it's a pity there wasn't an extra hole on the main base to fit the rod into. The tiny base it does come with is a little weak as the slightest sneeze can topple it over:)

DSC_0176.JPGDSC_0148.JPGDSC_0167.JPGDSC_0178.JPG

As Maul is one of my favourite characters it's nice to have two different looks...

DSC_0179.JPG

Back