Hot Toys - DX16 / DX17 - The Phantom Menace - Darth Maul and Sith Speeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered from HK (KG Hobby) and have yet to get a shipping notice from them. It looks like first batch was very limited.

Im not in a hurry but where is this figure? Does SS have this yet? I ordered mine from Alter Ego Comics so I'm not 100% sure of timeline. Dooku too,

These so-called first batches must be really small. It took a while for ROTS Kenobi to break wide, but Maul & Dooku seem to be taking a really long time here.

KG Hobby is being slow at everything at the moment. Still no Leia/Wicket PO.

Is there some sort of recall with these? Or issue with making them? What?s taking Hot Toys so long with these?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

These so-called first batches must be really small. It took a while for ROTS Kenobi to break wide, but Maul & Dooku seem to be taking a really long time here.

My Dooku from ss shipped and will be here soon, haven?t received any word from ss about Maul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I called ss today and the rep I spoke to said that they should get maul in around the first week of September. Take that for what it?s worth, but he did say they received a small initial shipment. Hopefully that?s accurate.

69334854_10217402589648930_6198508797430857728_n.jpg

Why does HT make a small first batch rather than going for full production?
To increase the hype or preorders or something else?

Nothing from here, ordered DX17 from them, can't wait for it!

Yeah, it's crap for a $400 figure. As I said above I ordered at Timewalker who double boxes. It was also a slight discount, $396 shipped. At $405 at SSC you get $20.25 in rewards on the order, so it doesn't even cover shipping. I'm in California so it'd be over $450 for me to order this with them including sales tax.

Fun and lovely update. So after waiting 5 days for an answer, Daniel said they could send me a replacement box. They did so and I got it yesterday. Just one problem--they sent me the DX16 box instead of the DX17 box. Sideshow's customer service and shipping have gone way downhill in the last few years IMO. They used to pack things with styrofoam end caps and if there was a problem, it was fixed without any delay. Emails with a response time of 7 to 10 days listed or phone calls where you are on hold for 20 to 30 minutes seriously make me wonder what they are doing. Really sad.

Back