Hot Toys - DX16 / DX17 - The Phantom Menace - Darth Maul and Sith Speeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow seems to have really upped the price here and who knows what the shipping will be. But it’s an exclusive so I ordered the speeder version.

Wow, price isn’t that bad after looking at the price on War Machine.

Ordering the regular SS exclusive and dropping $59 on RPs to bring down the cost.

Sideshow seems to have really upped the price here and who knows what the shipping will be. But it’s an exclusive so I ordered the speeder version.

Wow, price isn’t that bad after looking at the price on War Machine.

Yeah your right that’s crazy money for WM. Think the darth maul is at okay price for a figure now days anyway, and it’s DX

They probably priced it so high so that their version will look more appealing. I told myself I was gonna order the DX exclusive even though I hate SS and I’m knCA, but not at $405. Is this $90 more in value than then emperor and his throne? Or plus shipping and tax for me it’s well over $100 more. I guess the regular DX will do. I swear I thought it was a Darth Sidious hologram. Makes no sense to have one of himself. I kind of doubt I’ll get a Sidious anyway once I get the Emperor release.

It is a high price, but consider these factors....2 heads with Pers (or Sers? haha), a speeder bike to scale with lights, probe droid, 2 different LED sabers and the DX packaging.

The price is high, but you get basically double what you normally would. 2 PERS heads, 2 LED sabers, 1 non lit saber, 4 saber blades, 1 dynamic stand, the robe, and 2 accessories(droid and binoculars). Plus the Speeder if you opt for the deluxe. It's not bare bones at all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Ridiculous that Darth Maul is getting a DX release while something like Jedi Luke gets a lacking regular release. Character with 5 minutes of screen time in one of the worst movies in the entire saga gets a better release then Luke at his prime? Really?

I can’t believe we’re already nearing $300 for a single figure, not accounting for die-cast garbage. Good god.

Horrifying. It feels like making this a DX is a cash grab due to the popularity of the character. They could have dropped the PERS and extra head and made this another MMS release.

Sadly, I am still going to get him just because he looks cool in a Star Wars collection and I am confident he will hold his value in the after-market.

This together with PS4 Spider-Man and my collection is done for the foreseeable future so I can justify the price but I think the speeder has pretty fair pricing. It's in the range of BB-9E and BB-8.

Ridiculous that Darth Maul is getting a DX release while something like Jedi Luke gets a lacking regular release. Character with 5 minutes of screen time in one of the worst movies in the entire saga gets a better release then Luke at his prime? Really?

Easy answer for that is they will milk that version of Luke with multiple figures to get everything. That’s more money for Hot Toys.

I'd prefer one headsculpt and cheaper price considering that HS which ate lemon.

Yeah I'm actually wondering how much I could get for that terrible second sculpt on the secondary market, help offset the increased cost.

Luke had his own DX back in the days with the Bespin ver.

Guys, you can justify it if you want. That’s your prerogative, but the fact that Hot Toys prices are almost hitting three c-notes—well, I did not think I would see it for another ten years. I mean, if you look at the deluxes and die-cast figures they’re producing now, they’re about the price of a car payment. Welcome to the world of collecting... less.

Ok, that’s a lot of money. More than ESB Vader. I don’t know if I need Maul that bad.

Back