Hot Toys - DX16 / DX17 - The Phantom Menace - Darth Maul and Sith Speeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tho the Solo Maul looks cool. There goes Hot Toys milking it, making a figure that was shown on the screen as a hologram lol

Tho the Solo Maul looks cool. There goes Hot Toys milking it, making a figure that was shown on the screen as a hologram lol

I'd be shocked if we don't see more of him showing up somewhere. Disney + is likely to have him pop up at some point in either the Cassian Andor series, or the Obi-Wan.

I'd be shocked if we don't see more of him showing up somewhere. Disney + is likely to have him pop up at some point in either the Cassian Andor series, or the Obi-Wan.

Yeah, I'm expecting to see him show up in Obi show, or really hoping he will. I guess I'm too late, I was about to order him at popcultcha but the 20% coupon already expired. I waited to long.

Tempted to get the deluxe but I know I wouldn't display it. Plus with the holidays I'm really tight on money and really shouldn't buy more hot toys. But so hard to resist. Most likely I'll be getting the regular version. I've got a day to think about it.
I would get the speeder version and see it in person. Worst that happens is you chose to sell it off and recoup at minimum the cost difference between the reg and dx.

Scored a DX16 off ebay from a store in New Jersey for less then Sideshow/BBTS retail, free shipping too.

Did you guys remove the leather piece on the hand pegs on your figure? mine had some tears on some parts after switching hands so i decided to go without them

Mine will arrive Monday via his Sith speeder courtesy of the Popcultcha sale!!
Should be an awesome day cause Bespin Leia AND Moff Tarkin will be arriving too!😮😮😮😮

After the events of Rebels I would be very surprised to see him in Kenobi.... I would love a maul show or movie however, and there is more to come of him in Clone Wars revival.

I really hope Hot Toys can get a license for that, or even sideshow making more clones and a ****ing Ahsoka Tano... there must be some reason why they have not touched upon one of the greatest Star Wars characters of all time...

I want solo maul since I loved the clone wars version and rebels version of him and was super excited to see him in the solo movie, even for a moment.

I know they came close to a maul vs Vader , but decided not too since it was too much fan service vs story, but I would love if Disney plus does a ?what if? series for Star Wars as well.

After the events of Rebels I would be very surprised to see him in Kenobi.... I would love a maul show or movie however, and there is more to come of him in Clone Wars revival.

I agree, but if the Cassian series get's into the gritty underbelly of the galaxy and the dark side of staging a rebellion then that could be a good place for Maul to show up. The rebellion couldn't operate without some organised crime links.

I agree, but if the Cassian series get's into the gritty underbelly of the galaxy and the dark side of staging a rebellion then that could be a good place for Maul to show up. The rebellion couldn't operate without some organised crime links.

Yep, I wouldn't be surprised if they have a cameo in one of these shows (Cassian for example) to gauge the interest, then if positive follow up with a seperate "Solo 2" series which outlines the struggle between Qira / Maul and Red Dawn / Enfys Nest and the start of the Rebellion. I reckon that would be pretty interesting.

I'd even be up for a live action re-enactment of Obi-Wan + Maul Clone Wars animated fight. That would be a first, and something Filoni would love I reckon.

I'd even be up for a live action re-enactment of Obi-Wan + Maul Clone Wars animated fight. That would be a first, and something Filoni would love I reckon.

I'd be willing to assume we will see that at some point with the show. Not everyone is willing to watch a cartoon (I do not mean that in a condescending way, mind you). Many will watch a live action show.

Not having any idea how the show will be structured, it would be very interesting to me if they did a few years of his life/adventures per 2 episodes or so. That way the finale could conclude with exactly that same fight with Maul.

I'd be willing to assume we will see that at some point with the show. Not everyone is willing to watch a cartoon (I do not mean that in a condescending way, mind you). Many will watch a live action show.

Not having any idea how the show will be structured, it would be very interesting to me if they did a few years of his life/adventures per 2 episodes or so. That way the finale could conclude with exactly that same fight with Maul.

Yeah I agree they'll redo it, most people didn't even know he ever appeared in anything else.

Don?t worry folks, Disney will mess this up....
Even though I'm happy to see Ewan as Obi again, it wouldn't surprise me. On the other hand though, they have to work within confines between Episodes 3 and 4, so maybe that will limit what they can screw up.

Until a few years from now when they decide to remake the OT.

It is possible. Hollywood can make dumb moves like that. They even remade Ben-Hur.

Easy, I'll just not watch it. I mean I seriously would not watch a Disney OT remake :cuckoo:

Even though I'm happy to see Ewan as Obi again, it wouldn't surprise me. On the other hand though, they have to work within confines between Episodes 3 and 4, so maybe that will limit what they can screw up.

Until a few years from now when they decide to remake the OT.

They?ll probably kill him like they did Han and Luke!

Back