Hot Toys - DX16 / DX17 - The Phantom Menace - Darth Maul and Sith Speeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used an approximately 3/8 diameter x 3/32 thick rare earth magnet to extend mine and I think it looks perfect now. I bought a batch of them nearly 20 years ago from a company in Canada called Lee Valley Veritas.

2825296C-F0B8-4117-9EA1-EC21ACBBF635.jpeg

05E820DD-2800-45DB-A000-4DB658EFF90D.jpeg

CFFB9AEC-87C6-4442-9218-124A19AC60C1.jpeg

One of the worst figures to futz, and I never do dynamic poses; always basic strong stances.

The robe material is too thick to make the it drape properly over his head. The neck can't be tilted down far enough to get that menacing "head-down, eyes under the brow" look (especially having the pers). Maybe the magnet will help? The boots limit the stances.

No doubt, there's a lot to like (love the bike and accessories), but this is a long shot from a perfect figure.

I just bought the 8mm by 3mm 50 pack of magnets from eBay for $8. If they look good I?ll have plenty of extras so just PM me. Sounds like they?re similar in size to what coco has.

I just bought the 8mm by 3mm 50 pack of magnets from eBay for $8. If they look good I?ll have plenty of extras so just PM me. Sounds like they?re similar in size to what coco has.

I'd be down for a magnet if they turn out to be a proper size and fit.

I was looking too but they come in large packs and wasn't sure what to get. Was gonna go to a hobby lobby one day to see what they had in the store as they have some on their website.

And I'm still debating contacting SS about my very slightly warped lightsaber hilt. Hate to be that guy. Only noticeable if I put both blades in. Which isn't how I'm displaying him. For now. Gonna contact them tomorrow I think.

I was looking too but they come in large packs and wasn't sure what to get. Was gonna go to a hobby lobby one day to see what they had in the store as they have some on their website.
The person who did the mod used 2 4mm?2 mm magnets.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

And I'm still debating contacting SS about my very slightly warped lightsaber hilt. Hate to be that guy. Only noticeable if I put both blades in. Which isn't how I'm displaying him. For now. Gonna contact them tomorrow I think.

I would contact them. I know you can kind of hide it by turning it the right way but you shouldn't have to. Crazy that they somehow made some of them bent. They should be straight as an arrow.

ok Ian let us know when you get them and how they look.

I'm going to use 4x 2mm... :D

If they turn out well, I'd be interested in one too.

I'm not sure about the 8mm x 3mm ones. I'll take some pictures. The extra height certainly looks good from the front but you can see a small gap between the neck and head from the sides. Be curious to see pictures of the 4mm x 2mm from all sides to see how noticeable the mod is.

Still think the best mod would be something that extends the neck from the bottom peg but this certainly seems like the easier approach.

i had an extra sideshow star wars snow trooper package and took the magnets out of the box flaps and used two of them i think they might do the trick.

i dont know the size. but if you have any of the old star wars 1/6 boxes use those magnets i think they would be around 8mm x 3mm or lager not sure

Back