Hot Toys DX15 - Whats it gonna be

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy crap this is taking a long time, I've been waiting for what feels like forever, for an announcement, of a figure, that wont release for at least a year :slap:gah::panic:

I am tired of batman too. I think they can do all they want but keep a balance. I think they shld start a classic line in which they keep throwing one classic character from time to time. That way, everyone has some play. I seriously dont want 100 ironman suits i dont care a F about. Nor do i want batman from every damn movie. I chose a set and keep it. That way i cut down my 78 plus figures to 34 and now i add one of each character. Sucks that they are only after money. But i am womdering who is buying all this. must be huge demand in china and east asia for iron man i guess. Dont know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I am tired of batman too. I think they can do all they want but keep a balance. I think they shld start a classic line in which they keep throwing one classic character from time to time. That way, everyone has some play. I seriously dont want 100 ironman suits i dont care a F about. Nor do i want batman from every damn movie. I chose a set and keep it. That way i cut down my 78 plus figures to 34 and now i add one of each character. Sucks that they are only after money. But i am womdering who is buying all this. must be huge demand in china and east asia for iron man i guess. Dont know.

Well HT is taking on some other lines that are way more niche and won't sell well compared to Iron Man like Lone Ranger.

They're giving Angelica POTC figures away b/c they don't sell and even a character as huge as Spider Man is collecting dust in warehouses.

Well HT is taking on some other lines that are way more niche and won't sell well compared to Iron Man like Lone Ranger.

They're giving Angelica POTC figures away b/c they don't sell and even a character as huge as Spider Man is collecting dust in warehouses.

I think thats cause of over production. They need to do something for the sake of art. Angelica from POTC is not art. It a commercial movie and they couldnt sell as many, simple. Everything else they pretty much sold good. Godfather, samurai predator (slow sales cause they F... ed themselves with all the lies they said). But still sold out. With iron man my issue is that they are coming back to the kids toy company image. Lastly they are big and powerful and hold most licences which puts enterbay to make some basketball figures. Seriously i wont have not one on my shelves. Enterbay at least should pick up some nice figures and old movie licenses while hot toys is farting away to glory. Look how well they did with leon and godfather.

Long answer short their expectation or threshold on "numebrs to sell" are way high prompting them to stick to toyish kinda figures rather than be creative, bold and even unconventional. As for enterbay, if they dont chase some creative licenses they will either get bought out or just plain simple die!

The sake of art hmmmm. One can make a case that taking on Iron monger and Hulk in 1/6 were works of art. As for being 'toyish' that's completely subjective. I have little remorse for Enterbay, they stunk up releases with QC issue after QC issue on their biggest seller (Bruce Lee). Rotting rubber bodies and statues that lean like the Tower of Pisa after 3 months - no bueno. I would like to see another 1/6 company rival Hot Toys like PI, but their retail prices are insanely higher than what Hot Toys is asking.

:goodpost: :exactly: Totally forgot about the Terminator line.

Many consider the DX Sparrow to be the best HT ever from top to bottom so maybe that can be considered a work of art too.

Many consider the DX Sparrow to be the best HT ever from top to bottom so maybe that can be considered a work of art too.
:goodpost:

I'd like to have a Don Vito Corleone 2.0
with an updated headsculpt and more accessories.

Old_Vito_Corleone_Marlon_Brando.jpg

don-corleone_2023216c.jpg

I am not saying dx spareow isnt, angelica, did they really expect her to sell??? ... They made it to complete set etc.... But what i am saying is that there are many figures from like classics that they can take one by one and still continue to churn out the half a million iron men. I dont even think they need much of a sculpt work on it, the downey sculpts are pathetic. In essence it needs a differnt set of artist for iron men stuff and some of the stuff that requires comprehensive facial nuances can be taken by a separate team. I think someone in their team signed up an "all inclusive licence" for ironman and since they need to pay for license i think they are in a "might as well" make it phase. For one i cant differentiate one suit from the other! In the sense that the differece dont matter to me!

Last edited:
Angelica didn't sell, but neither does Spider Man and he is as big as super heroes get. You can grab him for 150 at Marvel's web store with a coupon today.

I'm not sure why you'd expect HT to slow down producing it's hottest line at the peak of it's popularity.
They are still releasing other characters from other licenses while churning out Iron men too :)

I'm still thinking it might be Anakin now. The last interview said we'd see Anakin before the end of the year. If that's to be believed then that will most likely be dx15..

you-must-be-new-here-75661.jpg

Angelica didn't sell, but neither does Spider Man and he is as big as super heroes get. You can grab him for 150 at Marvel's web store with a coupon today.

Same with Cap this years and last years "limited" exclusives are still hanging around.

Was going to post something to that effect. Interviews aren't to be believed. The Platoon line was supposed to be still going ahead. Batman Returns was supposed to be launched Xmas 2012. I'm sure there's other examples.

DX15 deserves to be no one other than Man of Steel, lighted eyes version / Jor El armoured version. Actually both shud be considered for DX line.

Back