Hot Toys DX15 Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm talking about the lines with the inside squares/rectangles. That was missing in OSTAs far as the color, I hated it in
AWE. It looked almost pink instead of red.

It looked oddly pale in Pirates 2 and 3 at times. I see what you mean, the DX06 is a bit generic I think, but the overall pattern and bandana feel like what we’re used to, where DX15 looks bland in comparison, but so did the movie.

It looked oddly pale in Pirates 2 and 3 at times. I see what you mean, the DX06 is a bit generic I think, but the overall pattern and bandana feel like what we’re used to, where DX15 looks bland in comparison, but so did the movie.

I see what you mean. You're talking about the blue/black flowers. The marketing almost always has jack with a bright red bandanna and the outfit with vibrant colors, but then in the film it all looks faded. :lol

EKvwlmK.jpg

Spend some time stuffing the ankles while also putting the fold a little higher up and redid the sash. It looks a bit better but somehow still the flap’s a bit too flat. So will have another goal at that. I also wet and smoothed out the fluffy tail but feels a bit bulky still. Also have to finish the hat but I’ll have my hobby space set up soon with all my paint and even thinking of pulling out the green stuff again..
Something with Jack that you just want to tweak him for perfection. Didn’t have that urge with my other 2 HT’s.

I did find out the strings from his belt accessories are rather fragile. I had the duck foot snap from undoing the belt and it was a pain to tie the now shorter string.
b64c11469ada212c15434511228f3831.jpg

Spend some time stuffing the ankles while also putting the fold a little higher up and redid the sash. It looks a bit better but somehow still the flap’s a bit too flat. So will have another goal at that. I also wet and smoothed out the fluffy tail but feels a bit bulky still. Also have to finish the hat but I’ll have my hobby space set up soon with all my paint and even thinking of pulling out the green stuff again..
Something with Jack that you just want to tweak him for perfection. Didn’t have that urge with my other 2 HT’s.

I did find out the strings from his belt accessories are rather fragile. I had the duck foot snap from undoing the belt and it was a pain to tie the now shorter string.
b64c11469ada212c15434511228f3831.jpg

Looking good.

Thank's for reply Maulfan appreciated so basicaly in a month i'll have 2 new jack's if decide to switch heads up. The 1st DX still is amazing and hope hot toy's brings more DX Love to Comic con in july. Love the extra Love DX release's get from box art to extra's :pray: for more Pirate's release's. I'm still kinda shocked we never got a young Jack.

Back