Hot Toys DX15 Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I recently read the new writing team working on something is gone, so who knows, they also just rehired James Gunn after getting on a soap box about needing to drop him, so who knows, now would be the right time, Star Wars is about to wrap, Marvel is taking a chill for a bit, they need filler.

Well, I recently read the new writing team working on something is gone, so who knows, they also just rehired James Gunn after getting on a soap box about needing to drop him, so who knows, now would be the right time, Star Wars is about to wrap, Marvel is taking a chill for a bit, they need filler.

Exactly what I was thinking. I was so happy to see Davy Jones back and read the speculation DMC was the "beginning of the end" of the Sparrow PotC movies, with 2 more to chronicle that. I hope it gets pulled together. I still love them and they are unarguably money makers.

One of my favorite HT figures for sure. Took some new pics. Re-futzed the belts and sash. I also weathered his hands and painted his fingernails. Looks so much better. :lecture

40559664733_a6026f57cb_c.jpg

40559665123_a9b3882af7_c.jpg

40559665553_0c4801a3ac_c.jpg

Like what you did with the nails! Adds some nice character to the otherwise clean hands. Might just do that too on my extra set of DX06 hands!

Can’t go wrong with a Medicom’s hat.

7D8E22AD-1CAD-44C6-8765-BAB096790346.jpeg

Even the UU is better then the DX hats, only good HT hat was the AWE figure because it was sculpted.

Last edited:
yup the original Medicom hat is def the best. I still have no idea what I did with mine :slap I have 2 UU hats that I still need to repainted/weather just too lazy :lol

First thing I did when this figure was announced was search for the Medicom hat, was so lucky to find one for sale parted out, jumped on it, followed shortly by the DX06 hands, which I'm glad I have too. DX15 has some unique poses DX06 didn't, but overall, DX06 had more variety and some very "common" Jack hand poses that DX15 doesn't have. I'm happier with the Medicom hat I've painted for this one, basing it off Curese colors and weathering, I had done DX06 based off Stranger tides because the figure felt so film specific.

It's been months and I still look at my Jack in awe and wonder, over a decade of wanting a great 1/6 Jack in my collection, through the perseverance of manufacturers and my own custom efforts, I have finally realized the figure I wanted starting so many years ago. I remember being excited about getting the original Medicom when Hot Toys wasn't even in the game yet. My biggest let down there was the plastic belt and the basic head color, though the sculpt was actually a really good Depp likeness hiding under waxy, pale skin. Hot Toys AWE was a let down on many levels, Cannibal Jack a step up but too scene specific and the body was too bulky for Jack, DX06 felt like I was there, couldn't imagine the additional realism we've got with DX15, now I feel like Captain Jack is standing alive and miniature on my desk.

Which hat is that Shorty?

I believe that is the Ultimate Unison Jack Hat repainted/weathered

yup the original Medicom hat is def the best. I still have no idea what I did with mine :slap I have 2 UU hats that I still need to repainted/weather just too lazy :lol

I think it's slightly better sculpted but it's really undersized. It does not sit completely around the hair unfortunately. I have it as well and decided to go with the UU. :/

I think it's slightly better sculpted but it's really undersized. It does not sit completely around the hair unfortunately. I have it as well and decided to go with the UU. :/

Just heat it soft with a hair dryer and then put it on Jack and leave it for a day, that’s what I did.

Guys, I need your help to make a decision...

From all the pictures and reviews I watched I really love this figure. The likeness and the tailoring are just awesome!

So I'm thinking about selling my Anakin Skywalker Dark Side (new and sealed) to get this one (can't affort both unfortunately).

But as you know, Anakin is also an awesome figure (and a Toy Fair Exclusive)...

What do you think? Should I go for it?

I think it should come down to which character you like more or maybe which film(s) you prefer. Jack looks incredible on display (apart from the hat) but does take a lot of patience when arranging all of his belts and accessories.

The choice should definitely start and end with preference for the source material. I would say both are very impressive figures representing their respective characters and franchises, so it's more a question of whether at the end of the day, you'd be happier to see a great Jack Sparrow in your display or a great Anakin Skywalker.

I think it should come down to which character you like more or maybe which film(s) you prefer. Jack looks incredible on display (apart from the hat) but does take a lot of patience when arranging all of his belts and accessories.

The choice should definitely start and end with preference for the source material. I would say both are very impressive figures representing their respective characters and franchises, so it's more a question of whether at the end of the day, you'd be happier to see a great Jack Sparrow in your display or a great Anakin Skywalker.

It's a tough desicion as I like both very much. I'm also afraid that I might give up something which could become very valuable in the future...

I think I will get Jack. It's pretty much sold out everywhere already. And it's the DX line. And it's maybe Depps last time being Jack Sparrow...

Thank you very much!

Back